Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options

Replies

• moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5 feet tall, and I am with you! It has always killed me that I can say that I want to lose a few pounds and people act as though the tiny amount I mention is insignificant. On my frame, 5 pounds is a pants size. That's a big issue when some of my friends are closer to 6 feet tall. To make matters worse, I weigh 140 lbs., and I am a size 6 or 8. People look at me cross-eyed when I say I need to lose weight. 140 is nearly obese for someone my height! Ugh....

The above quote was posted a long time ago, but really says it all for me!

I'm in. I'm 5' 3" and need to lose 14 pounds.

This is so true. Each lb. can mean pain in my knees, tendinitis and moving up a size. My alarms start to sound off when I'm 5lbs. over my GW but I'm essentially 20lbs over so things are hurting and it makes it really hard to get back on track. Cutting out my favorite fatty foods is not fun either.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I really have been exercising this month more than any other month..i really am into it now...i even forgot to take my usual monday off lol... i am up to 565 minutes of exercise since may 1st and I am down 1.5 lbs...at 135 now my official lowest weight in my adult life!
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Hey All! I'm 5'1 (and a half) - tired of being a short round! I've been on this just over a month and really get a kick out of some of the support I see bouncing around on here. Best of luck to all shorties!

Kim
  • Giagra
    Giagra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I am 5'3" and will LOVE to shed 80lbs.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else in the shorty group feel like the BMI is kinda off for people of our height range? I really feel like a lot of those weights they suggest for me would be way too low...
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else in the shorty group feel like the BMI is kinda off for people of our height range? I really feel like a lot of those weights they suggest for me would be way too low...

I used to think this was true for males in my height range. Because based on the BMI chart, a healthy weight range for me would be 111-146lbs as a 5'4" male, aged 36. I'd look SKELETAL at 111! 146 is somewhat reasonable I think, but still.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options

I used to think this was true for males in my height range. Because based on the BMI chart, a healthy weight range for me would be 111-146lbs as a 5'4" male, aged 36. I'd look SKELETAL at 111! 146 is somewhat reasonable I think, but still.

111?? You got to be kidding me hahaha!! For a full grown man?? That's insane... XD
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    5'2 here.
    I have a question!
    My waist goal is 25 inches.
    But I've seen some tall people with that goal (5'5")
    So... should I be aiming for something smaller?
    24 seems okay, but 23 sounds completely out of my league.

my waist is 26.5 and its been that way for the last couple of months. im almost 5'1 and im at 115lbs. dont know if my waist will get much smaller
  • canadian_cristal
    canadian_cristal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    can i join too? i'm 5"2. Why is it harder for shorter girls to lose weight?

3752711.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • yeseniacabral
    yeseniacabral Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello! i am 5'0 even as well and it's so hard t loose weight :/ anyone have good tips or advice let me know or you can always email me too at luvmy5kidsnhusb@aol.com

Thanks!

Yesenia:smile:
  • Shed4Wed
    Shed4Wed Posts: 25
    Options
    Me!

5'2" and the thing I hate most is watching taller people jump up on doubled up steps. If I tried that, i'd fall flat on my face!

Glad to be in good company. ;)
  • knittam
    knittam Posts: 10
    Options
    Count me in! I am 5'2" AND 1/2" tall ( I count the 1/2);)
    My middle is my problem area, not acceptable.
    My goal is to slim down 40lbs. So far,
    the scale has been moving slowly but I can definitly see how the overall shape of my body has changed.
    Things are rounder and higher, cellulite is going away.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I really have been exercising this month more than any other month..i really am into it now...i even forgot to take my usual monday off lol... i am up to 565 minutes of exercise since may 1st and I am down 1.5 lbs...at 135 now my official lowest weight in my adult life!

Way to go Janna! I will be thrilled when (notice that WHEN) I get to 135. You must be so proud.

Do you think it is really harder for short women to lose weight? I think it is more about the percentage than the number of pounds. I think it is much harder to find a pair of pants that fit. Who are some of these stores kidding with their petites? I would have to wear 5 inch heels. And then I love the "short" petites - WTH? Why are they still dragging on the ground? And why do I have to pay more for less material?? I swear, my dream is to one day open a clothing store and call it "Short and Wide" :happy:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shorties!! Shorties unite..lol..love it!!! I'm 5'4 1/2" (AKA pushin 5'5"). I met my goal last summer and have been working on maintaining since then. I did change my goal a few times...its hard to figure out what's just right. Currently my official goal is 115lbs. Although I really try to stay at the bottom of that range..so right now I'm at 110lbs. My current goal is to tone up!! Lol..which is proving to be just as difficult as losing the weight..lol! Best of luck to you ladies : ) Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • Staystrong415
    Options
    :))) HEY!!! :)))
    I'm 5'1".. and am trying to lose 25 pounds...

Shorties, unite!
  • gettingthere2011
    gettingthere2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in at 5'2". Lost 35 lbs need to lose another 30.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Way to go Janna! I will be thrilled when (notice that WHEN) I get to 135. You must be so proud.

Do you think it is really harder for short women to lose weight? I think it is more about the percentage than the number of pounds. I think it is much harder to find a pair of pants that fit. Who are some of these stores kidding with their petites? I would have to wear 5 inch heels. And then I love the "short" petites - WTH? Why are they still dragging on the ground? And why do I have to pay more for less material?? I swear, my dream is to one day open a clothing store and call it "Short and Wide" :happy:

This time I started my diet in September and it took over 7 months to lose 22lbs...the month of January was terrible for me and i gained 4lbs back just eating and not exercising all weekend...i have never gone back to doing that...I really make sure if I eat bad...to try to be as active as possible either that day or the day after. When i lost weight before I had my baby it took 8 months to lose 36 lbs but i was doing weight watchers and attending meetings..I also was taking a boxing class back then ..i think i was 24 so very different circumstances...but that little bit of weight carries on us immensely...check out my pics on my profile, I am telling you I look like I lost a Beach ball. Finding pants is super hard sometimes...The shorts are always an inch too long for me...ugh!
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this topic! I always told people I was 5'3", however the last time I went to the doctor the nurse clocked me in at 5'2". So either I am shrinking or my short life has been a lie! (Haha)

I am currently 150 and trying to reach 130. Honestly? I would be happy at 140. And I think that can be a healthy weight for my height but I thought, if I can lose 10 pounds, why not 20?

I have a short torso and short legs. My thighs and butt are what carries all my weight! Maybe my arms too.

I know what it is like to not notice weight loss. When I was younger I did weigh 125 and I swear my body looked no different compared to now. But, I still want to lose 20 pounds for health reasons!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many different ways people can be shaped and carry their weight!
    Sometimes I get jealous of those who are my height who can rock 115 lbs and teeny weeny waists.
    But, alas, I think I am built like a tiny amazon.... With my large frame and broad shoulders I think I'll be happy at 125 lbs and a 27 inch waist.
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So excited to see so many people join our group! Yay! Everyone is doing such a great job! Keep up the great work!