7 day Cabbage diet

Options
makmyra
makmyra Posts: 121 Member
So today I started the 7 day cabbage diet....so far so good? Has anyone done this diet? How did it go? I've heard many different things about it...

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yikes, it sounds like something I could not do. But I'll be interested to see how it works for you. Good luck!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    As soon as you go off it you will gain the weight back real quick!
    It is graet to keep the soup onhand for low to no calorie snacks
    when you get hungry.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    it made me lose my mind and I ate an entire tub of frosting.............with my hand!! :blushing:
    Hahahahha!!!! That's hilarious!!!!!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness....a tub of frosting?? OOOOOooooo I love it! I'm determined not to gain the weight back! I've been doin real good with increased exercise but the scale isn't moving for me right now! I just wanted a easy kick in the butt.....you guys can friend me if you wanna watch how I do.... :flowerforyou:
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I tried it and didn't lose much weight and it did make me go a little crazy by the end of it! I don't think I would ever do it again but the soup is good for a low cal meal here and there!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    it made me lose my mind and I ate an entire tub of frosting.............with my hand!! :blushing:

Haha, that made me laugh...but sounds like something that would happen to me if I tried something like this. But that's just me!
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying it, not so much to lose the "10 lbs" that it says you'll lose, but to cleanse my system and try to get things running properly. The weight loss would be a bonus, but I don't have the time or the energy lately to exercise as much as I should, so I'm concerned about gaining anything back I might have lost and feeling defeated :(
  • soniaghill
    soniaghill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exactly what is it
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Oh wow. I didn't know this was still around. I tried it in college over 20 years ago. By day three, the smell of it made me nauseated. And what little I lost, I gained right back. It was a miserable 7 days.

To be fair, the thread is 5 1/2 years old.

Ahhhh. I see. I didn't even see the date. Makes me feel some better. Haaaa!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No

lol who brought this post back to life and whyyyyyyyyy?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    If you like cabbage great but I'd be concerned about what happens on day 8. What's your plan?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    makmyra wrote: »
    So today I started the 7 day cabbage diet....so far so good? Has anyone done this diet? How did it go? I've heard many different things about it...

I did this diet back when it was called the Dolly Parton diet....why does this low protein, low fat relic from the 1980's refuse to die?

My results - very gassy and hungry often (could only stomach so much soup). Because it was low calorie I lost weight (no magic there).....then I stopped the diet & gained all the weight back.

Weight loss is about calories. Because you have very low fat and most days are low protein....of course you are going to lose weight. But you could also lose weight eating foods you love.
    rosieraven wrote: »
    Thinking about trying it, not so much to lose the "10 lbs" that it says you'll lose, but to cleanse my system and try to get things running properly. The weight loss would be a bonus, but I don't have the time or the energy lately to exercise as much as I should, so I'm concerned about gaining anything back I might have lost and feeling defeated :(

This diet predates the latest cleanse fad.......so someone just stuck a new label on it. Old fashioned diets refuse to die because they can almost always be recycled.

ZOMBIE THREAD......sorry. @soniaghill......don't bother to google this ....it's awful.