Just binged now feel like quitting :(

Options

Replies

• reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Was feeling the same way. Had a very bad lunch with over 2800 of sodium......and then chased it with a sucky dinner of tater tots and fishsticks. TOM was last week. NO excuse, just happened. You will get em tomorrow!!!!! Shake it off!!
  • kandyland86
    kandyland86 Posts: 34
    Options
    try again tomorrow .... like i tell my kids if at first you dont succeed give it another try!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day! That's what I keep telling myself. I feel the same way you did on the chocolate except mine was apple pie today. And it wasn't just one piece. :( At least the dumb thing is gone now, so I don't have to look at it tomorrow.
    Tomorrow we will do our best! :)
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you on a road trip your not going to turn around and go home as soon as you get lost are ya? Nope! Your just going to figure out where you are maybe see something or experience something awesome if you didnt get lost and then continue on your merry way until you get to your destination. Cause Vegas is callin your name baby! You cant turn around everytime you need to stop for a pee break. Or have dinner. Or take in the sites. Just takes a lil longer to get there. And getting there is the best part of the trip. Have fun on your wieght lost journey and take in your sites and treat yourself along your way. Its no fun if you dont. And you'll meet your goal. Cause its Vegas baby ;)
  • babygreen11
    babygreen11 Posts: 73
    Options
    meh.
    *kitten* happens. Suck it up and move on. :love:

Besides, being on your period cancels out chocolate. Its like a scientific fact or something.
    :huh:

I agree!!! But dont beat yourself up. I have had a few weak moments and I have made up for it by doing extra work outs. Its gonna happen, Just try to stay motivated! When you fall off your bike do you stop riding??? You got this!! =)
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up - just work it off tomorrow. Amp up your workout, or workout if you don't usually. Burn that chocolate off!

yessss...thats exactly what i do. just work out a little longer the next day if youre worried about it
  • aether74
    aether74 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sometimes your body craves what it needs. Maybe your diet is out of balance, who knows. Don't give up. One binge doesn't ruin your progress. Just try to make better choices tomorrow. I almost just ate a cream filled donut (and I'm a celiac, allergic to gluten) but instead I ate 12 cherries. But I can't say I won't binge another day...Hang in there. Hormones make us do bad things..;-)
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have done something similar last week. But I turned it around and made it a positive. I upped my workouts for the day to increase my calorie burn. A binge doesn't mean the end of progress, it's just another hurdle and challenge. *Hugs* we all go through these moments!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Totally with ya...TOM for me too. Didn't work out Friday-Sunday and ate horribly all weekend. I had 3 beers, ice cream, pita chips/hummus Saturday night (after my normal meals for the day). Yesterday I had 2 glasses of wine, 1 beer, Nilla Wafers w/ some frosting on them, garlic bread sticks, cheese, and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting. Haha! I feel like crap, but whatever, I'm back on track today and hitting the gym hard. I usually give in a little on the weekends anyways, but this weekend was a little overboard. :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yup that time of month and i just binged hardcore on chocolate :( it's so hard to get back on track after binging and I just feel like quitting now. I hate this so much. Need help :( Sorry just need to vent...
    I am getting off a week long binge and am coming back. We all have those days, weeks, ect, but don't quit. Just take it as a free day and use it to re-focus. :flowerforyou:
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello. Winners, never quit! So you are a winner and this will pass! Smiles to you!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! We all have those moments when we slip off the wagon, but its getting back on that counts. You've worked hard until this point and you can do even more after. Think of this as motivation to try harder and be better then you were before.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If you quit now you may not reach your goal! It's one step at a time. Don't be so hard on yourself. Think of it this way, one bump in the road (binge) may be hard to over come, but if you stop it is even harder to start again! You are doing something amazing for yourself! You have come further than you know!
  • marcil1979
    Options
    So you binged and now pick yourself up and wipe off the chocolate stains and get back on.......at least it wasn't bacon;o)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    What makes me feel better when I have a binge is to honestly key it in then see how much I will weigh in 5 weeks then go back over the past week or month and write down what it said all those days. When you see how it averages out you will feel better I promise! If we are honest we have all had those days but that is what the site is for, for us to pick each other up! HUGS :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't Quit!
    No one is perfect and stuff happens.
    Put the chocolate away and put this behind you, and move on...just try and remember next time not to do that!
    Good Luck and remember YOU CAN DO IT!
  • AnneMorrow44
    AnneMorrow44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vent away!!! Chocolate is a friend and an enemy but don't let this one time make you quit, will it make you fell better or for that matter will quitting make you LOOK better? you Got this!
  • paulettei
    Options
    Dont quit. I do it about once a month too. Just jump back on the horse and keep going. We all do it at some point. One good thing to do is find a low cal brownie recipe. I use the Splenda Brownie recipe. It's like 85 calories and gets rid of the chocolate craving. Good luck!!
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've found one of the hardest things about this journey is being honest when I blow it for the day. If I can be honest with myself & track accurately then I have no reason to beat myself up. We are not perfect and can't expect all of our habits to change over night. So log your binge and move on.