Just binged now feel like quitting :(

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I did that a few weeks ago on little debbie honey buns, snack cakes and moon pies.
    I just ate, and ate, and ate......ooooo, and it was soooooo gooood.
    Loved every second of it, then just wanted to beat myself.
    I get it.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • mrscdgogan
    Options
    Every time I do that, and it's often... I just use it as motivation that, "man I never want to feel this way again". Get back on the horse, you got this!:happy:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Its hard to forgive yourself and just move on...but you have to! Ain't none of us perfect, trust me. And thinking in such all or nothing terms will hurt you in the end, and don't you deserve better than that? Of course you do! Tomorrow's another day to learn and keep doing your best. Hang in there!!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    this was posted a loooong time ago lol, hope it played out well.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do...DON'T QUIT!

I don't know what your personal weight loss strategy is, but hopefully this will help.

Once a month (and I'm sure you can guess when!) I give myself what I call a "free day". I let myself eat whatever I want, whenever I want. From the time I wake up until I go to bed for the night. For the first few months doing this..I DID gain some weight. About a pound or two. It is what keeps my sanity some days.

The key is to NOT let yourself feel guilty or selfish or anything negative with those days. Just let what happens, happen. The next day I usually experience what I call a "food-over". Headache, dry mouth, upset stomach. This is a good thing too. It reminds you that while that food is good and acceptable once in awhile...everyday is NOT the way to be.

I hope that wasn't too preachy or anything...and I hope, if anything, it makes you feel a bit better about enjoying chocolate to it's fullest!
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    I did that a few weeks ago on little debbie honey buns, snack cakes and moon pies.
    I just ate, and ate, and ate......ooooo, and it was soooooo gooood.
    Loved every second of it, then just wanted to beat myself.
    I get it.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!

You are just the best. Always there with something nice / real to say. Thank you for all your support on behalf of everyone.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    meh.
    *kitten* happens. Suck it up and move on. :love:

Besides, being on your period cancels out chocolate. Its like a scientific fact or something.
    :huh:

I agree with this!

Trust me we all have days like this, you have to keep going, tommorrow is a new day. think of your goals, quitting will not get you where you want to be!!

This - I know exactly how you feel - Saturday was apparently red wine and salty food night - and I'm still feeling the after effects today. But I won't quit - neither should you - it's a blip on the radar! We're only human and we're going to fall off the wagon - we just have to make sure it's not every day :-)
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    We all have off days here and there. The key is just not to let one day ruin things for you in the long run. I was well over my calories on both Friday and Saturday this past week, but I just chalked them up to fun, special occasions with good friends, food & drink and made sure that I got back on track Sunday. I did see a pound gain from those 2 days, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. 2 days of old habits in the past 3+ weeks is certainly better than if I was still eating & drinking like that everyday the way I used to. I'm sure you wouldn't judge any of your friends on here to harshly if they had a chocolate attack one day, so you should treat yourself with the same consideration. You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and the best things in life are very rarely easy!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We all mess up!!! Log all that you ate and begin again tomorrow!!!!!:wink:
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Understand how you feel, done it many times in the past...but the reality is that quitting won't get you where you want to be. Draw a line under it and move forward. You can achieve.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know the feeling! Everybody has those days, and one meal or day of overeating is not going to derail your efforts - it is what you do about that will. I know because I've done it - I overdo it for lunch, so then I give up for the day and end up overeating all day. Then I think, oh well, tracking sucks, I'm done...and then I won't track for a week and each day I'll overindulge some more. By the time I finally get back to it, I'll have really set myself back. So don't let yourself give up, get right back to it and it will blow over in no time. :)

OMG this is so "me" in a nutshell :laugh:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    don't quit. you've come so far and we all have our days. besides, if that's you in your profile pic, you have nothing to worry about! just get back on the horsie!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Besides, being on your period cancels out chocolate. Its like a scientific fact or something.
    :huh:

ITS TRUE. i saw the research.

its not a big deal, just work it off! chances are it wasnt even enough to gain a pound. you wouldve had to eat like 3,500 calories worth of chocolate on top of 2,000 calories of everything else for that. so cheer up!
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Don't do it! The bingeing will not make you put on weight if it's once in a blue moon, but quitting will!
  • lildrako
    lildrako Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    don't quit i think we all cheat that time of month.. though most would not admit to it....you can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
    i have a double challenge i am losing weight and trying to quit smoking at the same time...
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Do what you need to do. You shouldnt rely on those here to keep you motivated. Self first, then others. If you arent motivated, maybe you need a break till you are ready.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just joined myfitnesspal and started reading some posts. I usually don't post anything on any website, but I had to say something to you. It’s okay to feel like quitting; but it's not okay to quit. Everybody has weak moments, and loses focus of our ultimate goal. But think of all the hard work that you are doing, just to let one day of "hardcore binging" make you quit. NO WAY! You just wake up in the morning, and start your day with your goal in mind. Focus on the positive changes you have made. Most of all, remember that the way you are feeling now when you feel like binging again. It helps detour you from losing sight again. Take it easy on yourself, nobody is perfect. Those who think they are - ARE NARSISISTIC. And that's way worse then what you are going through temporarily. Hope this helps...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! what she said!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    so what you ---you binged .. you think none of us ever did that?? its not the end of the world .. i lost 80lbs and if you think i never had my fair share of indulging ...... its part of what we go through..dont quit..dont beat yourself up... learn from what you did and why ... try to set yourself up for next time... learning and growing from what you learned is part of life
  • netty1959
    Options
    come on hun, quitting is not the answer. Tomorrow is another day put today behind you and tomorrow get back on track
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    DON'T YOU DARE STOP!!!!! Just tell yourself you are going to make better choices. You can get back on track. I do the same thing...binge because of TOM and then always feel guilty. But remember why you started the weight loss...don't you really want it?

Is there a rush? Look forward, not back.