SLIM FOR SUMMER - AND BEYOND!!!! :o)

1234568»

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    MEL!

:heart: you!

Hi everyone else in the group!

I have been away on a course so I havent logged in to this group for a while! I completely forgot about this challenge until I saw it as my reminder today!

I am going to definitely try and stay away from junk foods this weekend. I am "usually" pretty good during the week, and happen to eat out on the weekends so I have to watch that, and also add in more exericise on the weekends as well, instead of just doing house chores and then resting for 2 days and not being very active!

I am also going to post my weight here once a week for a reminder, and also if I post it, I am making myself accountable to the group!

So today I am: 135.6! My goal is to get back to the 120's and then my final goal is to get back to 120!

Goals for this weekend:
    1) 60 min cardio on both days, 30 mins resistance training on one of the days
    2) No eating out!
    3) Experiment with increasing protein and decreasing carbs!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hello Sweetiepie!!! :heart:

I know you have had a busy week, it's always tough when we are rushing around. Weekends are tough for me too, eating out and away from home are a bad mixture, it's so difficult to find anything very healthy.
    We can only try our best!!!

The plan sounds great, I think it will help keep your weight stable.
    I have done well this weekend, managed to keep away from all fast food and snacky rubbish I sometimes find myself left with, this week I was able to buy some ready cooked chicken skewers and fruit, I took protein flapjacks with me and resisted the chocolate and biscuits!!! YAY!!!
    I didn't do so good with the alcohol though, I had a few glasses of wine and some baileys too, but I felt that that was my treat after being so good with food!!
    I also never log work as exercise even though I spend 5-6hours walking and dancing and doing jobs so I think it kind of burns off any drink calories I have - as long as I don't have too many baileys!!! :laugh:

Have a fab week chick, I know you'll do great xxxxxxx
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Ok So it's Tuesday morning!!!

Hello All!!!! :drinker:

I hope everyone is doing well and trying their best to achieve their goals. How are you all getting on?

This weekend I have done pretty well, I managed to steer clear of the rubbish I sometimes eat, I stuck to my fat burning plan pretty well but enjoyed a few baileys and pink wines!!! :noway:
    I weighed in on sunday and was surprised to see my weight has dropped by a few pounds, but I think that is due to the alcohol and water retention lost, so I haven't logged that as I thought it would come back on naturally.

This week I am following a 3 day detox, I'm on day two, yesterday I messed it up with my friends visit, he bought some amazing nandos spicy nuts and I couldn't resist!! Today I was the same weight as monday morning so I lost nothing on day one, I usually don;t weight each day and try to leave it to the morning after I finish the detox but I wanted to see if the nuts had an impact and they did :sad:
    But I haven't gained anything, today I will get drinking the water and will follow the detox rules perfectly.
    I still have two days of detox and am hoping to drop 2 pounds from this, then I will log my new weight on thursday morning.
    I have then got to maintain that weight!!! I will have to be careful to not over eat after the detox and stay under my calorie goal, and also get some exercise in daily.

I have not been running, detox usually makes me quite tired so I will see how I feel, sticking to the detox perfectly is my main goal for the next few days, I can run thursday and friday and make up for the lost day next week, I may even have a little run tomorrow if I feel strong enough.
    Yesterday I felt really well and full of energy but today I'm a bit more tired and feel that running will make me really hungry so I'm going to avoid for now.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • jklapatch
    jklapatch Posts: 29
    Hi all!
    Sooooo after quite a while (at least a week! which is a long time for me) I was doing great. Then, today everything seemed to go wrong, and as usual, in response to my crap day, I ate, and ate, and ate. But... whereas delicious salt and sugar binging usually takes away all my woes, it totally didn't work today! No matter what I tried! So, I'm happy that food isn't "doing it" for me anymore in the stress-relief department, but now I don't know what to do as my default stress reliever. Any ideas? I've taking a liking to going to the gym (never though I'd say that), especially when I get to do yoga, but sometimes I just don't have time. Anyone got any ideas for quick, in the moment strategies to help with stress (and keep me from piling cheeseburgers into my mouth)?
This discussion has been closed.