Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Don't know what to think about this

13»

Replies

• Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    I am here to save you from getting a BodyBugg. I've had the TWO most recent versions and they both suck. Please people, don't waste your hard earned money.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 531 Member

If you have a resting heart rate of over 100bpm then you need to go see a doctor FAST.

I was just going to say that, it should be around 80 or less, I run for 25 MIns @ 6MPH and mine only hits 154-157 at the most and I'm 234Lbs, like the others are saying the HRM watch is just a guess and only to be used during workouts only, even the BodyBug is a big guessing thing you strap to your arm all day, even the calories counted on MFP are a guessing game.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 531 Member
    I am here to save you from getting a BodyBugg. I've had the TWO most recent versions and they both suck. Please people, don't waste your hard earned money.

it took me about 4-5 times talking to the folks online to come to the conclusion that its a waste of time buying that thing
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    I really find myself wondering what anyone is doing in a regular job setting that would cause your heart rate to get to 185?
    My HRM goes nuts when around electrical sources such as lamps, telephones, computers, etc. and goes crazy when I'm driving in the car with rates supposedly about 200+.
    If you're wearing a HRM all day long, I"m sure that you're coming in proximity to those types of things and it could be giving you artificially high readings.
  • sirphilipe
    sirphilipe Posts: 43 Member
    When I am doing a medium level of exercise my burn is between 600 - 700 Calories per hour.

My resting heart rate is between 75 - 90.

If you are lifting, running etc all day, it might be plausible.

You body already should have a base metabolic rate of probably around 3000 - 4000 per day.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    It sounds like you are doing everything right with the HRM and if you're losing 1-2 pounds per day then I'd say that it's pretty accurate (2,000 calories in - 9,000 calories out = 2 lbs fat loss). I won't go into the debate of this being a healthy amount of weight to lose, or even if it is sustainable, but as long as you have the energy, then more power to you. If it were me I would consume more calories daily (not 9,000 obviously), especially if I felt sluggish or even hungry. With a job like that, who needs to workout?!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    When I am doing a medium level of exercise my burn is between 600 - 700 Calories per hour.

My resting heart rate is between 75 - 90.

If you are lifting, running etc all day, it might be plausible.

You body already should have a base metabolic rate of probably around 3000 - 4000 per day.

Who's body? I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs, but even when I was 235 my calorie burn was 2800 cals per day. To be close to 4000 he'd have to be well over 300 lbs and well over 6'7" tall. Actually, I can tell you what that comes to right now, wait 1.....

yep, a moderately active (someone who would, for instance lift boxes all day at a warehouse) 35 year old male who is 6'7" tall and 300 lbs would burn 3750 calories a day.

It goes down from there. To go up, you'd either have to be a professional athlete in season, or be Shaquille O'Neal tall and wide.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    by the way, he said his average heart rate was 132

which means his average heart rate was 68% max for the WHOLE day.

not only is that unsustainable, it's dangerous, exhaustion and fatigue would set in after 3 or 4 hours of that high of an average heart rate after a few hours.

68% is considered moderate cardio rates (low end of moderate, but still), a normal average resting heart rate should be between 30% and 50% (and even 50% is a little high. FYI that's between about 60 and 100 BPM for a Male). .

I doubt his average heart rate is that high, it's more likely the HRM was misreporting. If it IS then I would think a doctor's visit is in order, because that's a little frightening.
  • ddonkeys
    ddonkeys Posts: 56
    This is getting to be entertaining now.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Every time I wear my HRM and sit at the laptop, my HRM says my heart rate is 185-200+. I'm not going to count typing as an aerobic exercise. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!