So what's your diet secret?

Options
124»

Replies

• jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i use lite salt for water retention, add fiber one to yogurt or pudding to make it crunchy and filling, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, whole grain pitas instead of tortillas, and i love using butternut squash instead of potatoes for awesome oven fries! and reduced sugar ketchup! yum
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of steak, eggs, bacon, chicken, fish, veggies, and some nuts. Lots of butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. I stay active and work out only 30 minutes a day. I love this lifestyle :)
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Sometimes I give myself a week or two to maintain so I don't get all stressed out about an inevitable plateau.

That's a really interesting idea I hadn't considered - thanks! I'll keep that in mind as I get a little farther in this journey and start getting burnt out :P
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So periodically we all hear about little tricks and tidbits on ways to cut calories, fat, or both from our diets. I am dying to hear what other people have in their secret arsenal of diet tips.

One of my favorites is to replace salad dressing with salsa. Tastes great, and is very low cal. A quarter cup of Salsa has as many calories as a tablespoon of most regular salad dressings. It's usually fat free and depending on how much you have counts as a serving of veggies.

Put your favorite dietary tip in your response.

I'd love to see some of the ideas!

That is a great idea. I put some funky crap on my salad to try to skip the dressing (some have been good in theory, horrible in reality) but salsa didn't occur to me.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Minimal starchy carbs

A go-all-out cheat day once a week (I have a mental or actual "cheat list" where I keep a list of things I crave during the week, then I remember to have them on my cheat day)

Lots of water

Dipping your fork into salad dressing instead of pouring on salad

Cooking spray instead of butter or oil

Foreman grill is my lifesaver
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    I always make my lunch the night before and put into containers in the fridge - Then in the morning I just have to open the fridge and grab the containers and I know it will be a healthy lunch each day - :):flowerforyou:
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    I always have a couple bottles of water by me when I eat. After every bite take a drink. Eat, drink eat drink....by the time I am half way I am already full and have drank 36 oz of water for one meal. The ideal behind this is When you drink the water while eating it taste like what your eating PLUS you consume your water and feel fuller. :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TrimMyTummy
    Options
    i love coleslaw mix with grilled chicken pieces and a tiny bit of 98% fat free mayo and 1/2 a handful of crunchy noodles... fill up on the coleslaw and its a delicious and filling lunch or dinner
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet like cake I make a box cake but instead of eggs and butter/oil I put a can of diet soda and top it with cool whip. It makes 24 servings with only about 69 calories per slice.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream.... but we all know it isn't good for you. Instead I take our older bananas, peel them and slice them, and then freeze them. Once frozen, put them in a food processor with a spoonful on peanut butter and some chocolate powder. YUMMY! Tastes soo good, just like ice cream, but it's wayyy healthier.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Perhaps my favourite is using hummus instead of mayo.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    bump