Vegetarians or Vegans or even Wannabees Wanna Group?

Options

Replies

• Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MEAT - It IS Whats For Dinner!

Quit kidding yourself - Human Jaws and teeth are designed for omnivores ... EG. an equal balance of Meat and Plant matter is necessary for proper dietary balance for the human being.

So enjoy that Cheeseburger - Just balance it as a "portion" of your daily intake!

Just my humble opinion - but based on the best information I can obtain...
    Bob

Bob - People become vegans or vegetarians for many different reasons. A lot of those are personal and others not so much. I became a vegan because I feel 100x better without meat or dairy products. I feel that your comment is a bit judgmental and ask that you do better research before making a post like that. I would be really surprised if someone hasn't already reported it.

And by the way, I am in on the group. Feel free to add me.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I edited a few posts to eliminate the early comment that wasn't pertinent to the thread. Carry on!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    There was a cooking challenge that required the use of zucchini. Lots of vegetarian and vegan recipes to try out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241110-cooking-challenge-zucchini

I made pizza and am looking forward to trying some of the other recipes :-)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    vegetarian here
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for eliminating those posts.

Vegetarians as a rule, don't push our lifestyle on others........and we request the same respect, so thank you for eliminating them and being respectful to us as well.

We are all here for the same reasons........and we all want to encourage everyone-veggie/vegan or not.....to get healthy and lose weight! Best of luck!
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How do I join the Vegan group? MFP is such a fantastic resource...
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm new here. I've been vegan for about 3 years, and I love it. For the most part, I eat really well (a little bit lazy lately, which is part of why I now find myself on this website), but I've just recently started P90x. I'm not really planning on following the nutrition guide, more just trying to focus on eating really clean and doing what I can to lower fat and carbs and up my protein. I'm not planning on limiting my carbs too much, because I'm also training for my first half marathon in October, and figure I could use the fuel.

The problem that I'm running into, is that, now that I'm upping my protein, I'm having a hard time coming up with creative ways to do it, without resorting to a ton of soy products. I try to limit my intake of soy for the most part, because I know several people who have developed a soy allergy due to over-exposure, and that's a pain in the butt that I really don't want to have to deal with. Anyway, I've always been one of those vegans who gets annoyed with the whole "where do you get your protein" question, because it hasn't been difficult in the past, but now I'm looking for ideas.

I have bought vega protein powders in the past, and I like them, but I find that I tend to buy it and leave it there for a couple months because my blender is so noisy and I don't want to bring it out. :p Also, when I have smoothies as meals, I tend to still be really hungry, and then I just overboard my calories.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, let me know if you have any ideas for me. :)
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Plz feel free to add me (all of you)... I became vegetarian on September 5th, 2010 and haven't looked back! I will help with what I have learned and I totally look forward to learning from you all!
  • MyFriendLinn
    Options
    Good for you Betty..............you care about the planet, all the creatures big and small and you care about you.

The first six months were a struggle for me as a vegetarian...six years ago....not because I didn't want to but because I thought my life was filled with vegetables plates. I got a couple of books and ....wow...........I enjoy food again, the freshness is beyond amazing. So yeah... you are counted!!!! Good for you!!!!
  • MyFriendLinn
    Options
    There are tons of delicious beans recipes and others, I'll try to find some for you.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I got a couple of books and ....wow...........I enjoy food again, the freshness is beyond amazing. So yeah... you are counted!!!! Good for you!!!!

What books would those be? I'm not a vegetarian, nor am I interested in becoming one. My 17 year old, however, has been trying to go vegetarian since she was 5 and she found out that the chicken she was eating and the ones her grandparents had in their backyard were the same thing. She decided it was "mean" and didn't eat meat for a week. She seems to be pretty serious about it this time and I want to make sure she's getting the nutrition she needs.
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    Count me in! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only vegetarian I know. : )
  • Finding_Tina
    Finding_Tina Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have never posted before, but would be interested in joining this group, (though I am not sure how!). Have been a vegetarian since 1991 (Thanksgiving to be exact!) Thanks :)
  • desertcats
    desertcats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I guess by posting here we are joining? :flowerforyou:
    I've been vegetarian since 1980 (longer than some of you have been alive, LOL), and vegan on & off throughout that time. My husband and I always feel better when we are eating a high nutrient vegan diet.

Some great books to read on the subject:
    'Eat To Live' Joel Fuhrman
    'The China Study' T Colin Campbell

We recently saw 'Earthlings' on DVD. I actually didn't watch most of it because it was too upsetting, but I did listen to the whole movie. I also just watched part of Paul McCartney's 'Glass Houses' on YouTube. This is the reason hubby and I are committed (again) to being vegan.

I'm into running, biking, and body weight exercises. We also have an Elliptical and I do Chalene Johnson or Jillian Michael's home workout videos now and then.

I just started here 2 days ago after downloading the App for my iTouch (iPod). I've been burning lots of calories and counting everything I put into my mouth. Doing great!

I'll start sharing recipes soon too!
  • sherib10
    sherib10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm new here but have been veggie for a little over 2 years now
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to see so many others here. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm a vegetarian who is aiming for veganism. Sounds like a few of us here! I've met some great veggie friends on here but can always use more! The more support the more successful we'll be, right?
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Totally in for this veg group idea! I need some pals with low cal veggie meal recipes and suggestions!
  • granolagirl82
    Options
    Count me in. I've been attempting a vegan diet since March and would love others to keep me motivated.