INSANITY: Starting Memorial Day

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Finished Plyo today! YAY, Survived Week 1!
    Thanks for the info Edorice!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Did the same workout, week one down!
  • edorice
    Options
    I went to the gym and hit the treadmill and rowing machine today. I just couldn't sit still. My knees are feeling so much better compared to last year.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try the supplement for the knees. Oy, how they hurt! Not used to all that jumping and still a little heavy for the knees to support. But definitely loving Insanity. I only hope that I can go back to the "calmness" of P90X after having Sean T. yelling at me without getting bored! :smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    Will definitely try the supplement for the knees. Oy, how they hurt! Not used to all that jumping and still a little heavy for the knees to support. But definitely loving Insanity. I only hope that I can go back to the "calmness" of P90X after having Sean T. yelling at me without getting bored! :smile:

I do miss P90X. I'm going to have to rendevous with Tony on Sunday and do some X Stretch with him. LOL
    We did Power & Resistance this morning. I burned a little less than last weeks session. We did well though. Enjoy!
  • jreese5226
    Options
    Pure Cardio was a teenie bit easier today! Feeling like I need to add a little extra during the day to my workouts. I've gotten so used to 60-minute workouts, that 40 minutes doesn't feel like it's cutting it. What do others do to add to their daily activity? Run? Walk? Other workout DVDs? And do you find yourself to be too sore to do anything else or does it end up helping ease the soreness?
  • edorice
    Options
    Funny you mention that. We did Pure Cardio this morning as well. I did better this morning, still hate the level drills. I'll be hitting the treadmill at lunch time. My husband runs a couple of times at lunch outside as well. We're used to the hour workouts as well, but month two will be longer workouts. So, enjoy it while it lasts. My total burn today will be in the 800's after I run.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Did the plyo circuit for the 2nd time last night... I think thats my favorite so far.... Although the ball push ups are a little awkward. Glad to see ya'll are doing so well... Im definitally noticing a difference in the other classes I take that I am stronger in some areas already. My friend who is doing it with me already see's a difference in her abs (but she is tiny so it doesnt take much- it is still cool to see though) I feel awesome when I push through and do the video... Woop woop... Keep on Keepin on everyone!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Well, I missed the workout for yesterday. Therfore, I did Cardio Power this afternoon and I plan on doing Pure Cardio tonight.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Pure Cardio was a teenie bit easier today! Feeling like I need to add a little extra during the day to my workouts. I've gotten so used to 60-minute workouts, that 40 minutes doesn't feel like it's cutting it. What do others do to add to their daily activity? Run? Walk? Other workout DVDs? And do you find yourself to be too sore to do anything else or does it end up helping ease the soreness?

I like to get in at least an hour workout 5 days a week. I try to run and do strength training 2x's a week. When, I dont do run or do ST to make up that hour, Ive been using my elliptical or walking. I've been sore but not to the point where I cant move. So, I'm just going to listen to my body and if it says rest, thats what I'll be doing.

GOOD LUCK! Keep up the good work everyone! :smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Cardio Plyo Circuit this morning, I like the circuit workouts because of the little breaks. I really pushed this morning on the level one drills, but gassed out a few times during the ski abs. No lunch hour run today, will do that again tomorrow.

Make it a great one.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Did Pure Cardio last night and Plyo this morning. Still struggling with the drills :grumble:

So happy tomorrow is Recovery Day :bigsmile:
  • jreese5226
    Options
    It's been awesome to see my calorie burn increase with every workout. Today I made it into the 400 cals burned on the Plyo Circuit. Was "almost" able to do the entire warmup without stopping or turning green. :sick: Keep up the great work all!
  • edorice
    Options
    Oh blessed recovery day. We knocked out Cardio Recovery this morning. I was planning to run at lunch, but I'm having sinus issues and no meds. I have to get this under control before tomorrow's workout. Have a good day.
  • loveme445
    Options
    FYI: I'll be traveling for the next couple of days. So, I'll be back Sunday. Im doing Insanity with my cousin...I think I'll take Cardio Resit & Cardio Recovery with me. So, My plan is to do Cardio Recovery today before I leave, Cardio Resist Friday, Cardio Recov or Rest Saturday and I'll do Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs when I get back Sunday.

I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back.

Have a Great Weekend! :smile:
  • findingfinally
    Options
    Thanks for the link to your thread, E. I'm loving my second round of Insanity so far. Just finished Cardio Recovery about 2 hours ago and tomorrow or rather today is Pure Cardio (my favorite) :-) I'm excited to see how I do compared to fat girl of 2010.
  • edorice
    Options
    Glad to see you stop by. We did Cardio Power & Resistance this morning. I had to get used to these fast push-ups and tricep dips. Not a fan. I wouldn't have been able to do this if I hadn't done P90X first.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I might be alittle late with this but my husband and I started insanity wednesday so far so good even though I have stopped having the post I wanna throw up after the workouts...I'm excited for the new us.
  • edorice
    Options
    I might be alittle late with this but my husband and I started insanity wednesday so far so good even though I have stopped having the post I wanna throw up after the workouts...I'm excited for the new us.

I used to go through that as well. I was EXTREMELY nervous about doing Insanity. I'm glad the new commercials have older people on them. The original commercial only had 20 year olds and I really didn't think I could hang. Welcome to the thread.
  • jreese5226
    Options

Welcome to the thread! I am on this journey with my husband as well, and it has made a WORLD of difference. We finished P90X together and are loving doing Insanity together (even if we fight for floor space for the Globe Jumps!). Best of luck to you!