INSANITY: Starting Memorial Day

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We did Pure Cardio and cardio abs this morning. it's not my favorite. I prefer all of the interval workouts. Heck, even Max Interval is better to me!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I only did Cardio Recovery on Thurs and havent exercised since. Im not sure what I should do as far as my Insanity schedule. Should I start where I left off (I missed Cardio Resist & Pure Cardio/Abs) or start with the Fit Test which is schedu for today?

Thanks!
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm starting Insanity today. I was wondering how you guys log the workouts on here, I know it would be most accurate if I used a HRM but I do not own one at the moment. Thanks in advance!
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome to the thread Floricienta. Under the exercise tab I think that high impact aerobics matches the burns that you get from Insanity pretty closely. I do recommend getting a heart rate monitor. Even a cheapy one from Wal-mart.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Ok, I made up the workouts from Fri & Sat last week. I did Cardio Power & Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs this morning. I'll do Plyo tonight and my Fit Test & Pure Cardio/Abs in the morning.:noway: I WILL NOT BE MISSING ANYMORE DAYS!!!! :grumble:

Great Job Everyone! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Pure Cardio this morning and I ran at lunch. Congestion has gone away, so I feel back on it. Knees are starting to "feel it" though.
  • loveme445
    Options
    I did Plyo last night & the Fit Test and Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs this morning. Im EXHAUSTED!!! So happy tomorrow is Recovery day :smile:

Here are my Fit Test Results:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 1 (5/30)~~~Day 17 (6/15)
    Switch Kicks~~~~~~~~~59~~~~~~~~~~~59
    Power Jacks~~~~~~~~~49~~~~~~~~~~~61
    Power Knees~~~~~~~~101~~~~~~~~~~116
    Power Jumps~~~~~~~~~37~~~~~~~~~~44
    Globe Jumps~~~~~~~~~11~~~~~~~~~~11
    Suicide Jumps~~~~~~~~13~~~~~~~~~~14
    Push-Up Jacks~~~~~~~~11~~~~~~~~~~20
    Low Plank Oblique~~~~~32~~~~~~~~~~40
  • edorice
    Options
    Yesterday, we we got through Cardio Power & Resistance. I felt like my legs were going through mud. We got through the warm-up and quit. We did the re-do this morning. I burned 488.

Good work on the fit test this week!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Thanks edorice!

Did Cardio Recovery today...those squat/lunge holds are painful :sad: I'll be glad when I can make it all the way through
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Feeling absolutely fantastic!! I am a little bit disappointed with how little the scale is moving, but I know that I feel TONS better and my clothes are definitely fitting different. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • edorice
    Options
    We got Cardio plyo out of the way this morning. Week three down! I might hit the treadmill later today.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yesterday was a complete rest day. We took the family to the beach. This morning was Pure Cardio, I keep forgetting that there are no breaks. We kept going and going! We had to hit pause, but got through it.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Was busy this weekend and didnt get a chance to check in. Cardio Power, Plyo and Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs are done!

Yes, we are in Week 4! Keep up the good work everyone!:smile:
  • divajj107
    divajj107 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just got insanity last week and started it on friday 6/17 and wow... it's addictively intense... would love to hang out here for motivation if that's okay, I'm late to the party I know but can use the company!
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome divajj.

This morning we did Plyo Cardio. I just realized that this really isn't a lot of plyo when you think about it. The Max DVD's have diamond jumps and squat jumps. We haven't seen nothing yet!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I can only squeeze in 2 Insanity workouts this week. Did max plyo yesterday, and I'm scheduled to do max recovery today but will probably do something else since I have a long weekend to recover.
  • edorice
    Options
    So we switched things around this week. We actually did Cardio recovery the other day, so today we did Cardio Power & Resistance. Getting better at this, but the tricep dips are still awkward.
  • edorice
    Options
    We made it to recovery week! Woo hoo!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So we switched things around this week. We actually did Cardio recovery the other day, so today we did Cardio Power & Resistance. Getting better at this, but the tricep dips are still awkward.

I struggle with the tricep dips as well. I prefer the P90X method with using a chair. The Insanity version makes my wrists ache. On another note... can't wait to do the first "recovery week" workout! Looks like it's going to be fun. :laugh:
  • edorice
    Options
    Yesterday was a complete rest day. This morning was Core Cardio. We made it to recovery week. My knees feel so much better this time around compared to doing Insanity last summer. They must be much stronger.