30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options
Hello Everyone,
I will be starting the 30 Day Shred on 5/23. I did one week back in April and failed miserably :grumble: . If anyone wants to join me on this journey let me know I would love the support and swift kick in the bum. :happy:

I will do each level for 10 days, no breaks. I am going to try to add some additional cardio at least 3 days a week for at least 30 mins. I mark the 30DS as “circuit training, general” for 20 mins- I do not include the warm-up or cool down only the actual “workout” time.

You can post your starting stats if you want but this is not about numbers this is about getting in shape and getting moving. I am not comfortable yet posting my weight or stats. At the end of the 30 days I will post the total inches (in each area) I lost in addition to total weight lost.

We can check in on this thread daily, weekly, or at the end of the month… or whenever you need support and please add me as a friend too :flowerforyou:

Let’s show Jillian who’s boss
~Michelle

Replies

• ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    okay, what is the 30 day shred because I'm sure that I would like to do it but I have no idea what IT is... :)
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I too started and failed, so on and so on. I will restart with you Monday. I also do Zumba 3 days a week, so I will do the SHRED on the other days. No way I can do Zumba and SHRED in the same day! (except maybe Sundays when I could take a break in between). I will do my measurements tomorrow and post them in my profile. I have already hit my goal weight, so I am not logging my weight unless I gain or lose at least 3 lbs, as our weight always fluctulates a little here and there. I am looking to tone up more, especially my lower stomach.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    okay, what is the 30 day shred because I'm sure that I would like to do it but I have no idea what IT is... :)

Its by Jillian Michaels- Its a DVD- Does circuits of Strength, Cardio, and Ab's- Total of 3 circuits for a 20 min work out. She really pushes you :tongue: You can get the DVD at Walmart or Target for around 9 bucks.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I'm in!!! I too started and failed, so on and so on. I will restart with you Monday. I also do Zumba 3 days a week, so I will do the SHRED on the other days. No way I can do Zumba and SHRED in the same day! (except maybe Sundays when I could take a break in between). I will do my measurements tomorrow and post them in my profile. I have already hit my goal weight, so I am not logging my weight unless I gain or lose at least 3 lbs, as our weight always fluctulates a little here and there. I am looking to tone up more, especially my lower stomach.

Great!!! Congratulations on hitting your goal weight!!!! :happy:
  • dubord29
    dubord29 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I will be starting the 30 Day Shred on 5/23. I did one week back in April and failed miserably :grumble: . If anyone wants to join me on this journey let me know I would love the support and swift kick in the bum. :happy:

I will do each level for 10 days, no breaks. I am going to try to add some additional cardio at least 3 days a week for at least 30 mins. I mark the 30DS as “circuit training, general” for 20 mins- I do not include the warm-up or cool down only the actual “workout” time.

You can post your starting stats if you want but this is not about numbers this is about getting in shape and getting moving. I am not comfortable yet posting my weight or stats. At the end of the 30 days I will post the total inches (in each area) I lost in addition to total weight lost.

Be careful when you get to level 3. The jumping lunges caused me to get a pretty nasty ankle injury:( I have not been able to workout for 2 weeks! I didn't stop when my body wanted to, I wanted to push through and sadly ended up injuring my ankle:( I'm still ticked that I did that!! Good Luck! And remember to listen to your body!
    We can check in on this thread daily, weekly, or at the end of the month… or whenever you need support and please add me as a friend too :flowerforyou:

~Michelle
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I've technically already started but I'm only like 4 days in... and it can't hurt to do 34 days, righht??? well it might hurt, but in a good way...

:)
  • salena_ruth17
    Options
    Count me in! I was going to start it on Monday anyways!! I'll be sure to add you also! I'll post my SW and post weigh in's every 2 weeks!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Be careful when you get to level 3. The jumping lunges caused me to get a pretty nasty ankle injury:( I have not been able to workout for 2 weeks! I didn't stop when my body wanted to, I wanted to push through and sadly ended up injuring my ankle:( I'm still ticked that I did that!! Good Luck! And remember to listen to your body!

~Michelle

Does that mean you are in?? :smile:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Count me in! I was going to start it on Monday anyways!! I'll be sure to add you also! I'll post my SW and post weigh in's every 2 weeks!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Yes!! Glad to have you on board!!!! I am excited to see results!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I'm in!

I've technically already started but I'm only like 4 days in... and it can't hurt to do 34 days, righht??? well it might hurt, but in a good way...

:)

34 days can only be better :laugh: After the 30DS I am going to do her NMTZ
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    95 views- I know more of you want to do this with us!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • salena_ruth17
    Options
    What's NMTS? I want to do that also. LOL Have you all ever tried the Mytrainerbob videos? I have one that I've been using that is Pure Burn/Super Strength. It is really, really hard! lol But it burns an enormous amount of calories. I hadn't seen anything on it on here, so I was just curious.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    What's NMTS? I want to do that also. LOL Have you all ever tried the Mytrainerbob videos? I have one that I've been using that is Pure Burn/Super Strength. It is really, really hard! lol But it burns an enormous amount of calories. I hadn't seen anything on it on here, so I was just curious.

NMTZ- Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. "Fitness expert Jillian Michaels leads this workout program designed to combine upper and lower body sculpting movements with the fast paced action of a conventional cardiovascular workout, yielding maximum results in the minimum amount of time"

Its 1 hour long and I guess is harder than 30DS. I got them at the same time but I want to see what the results are after each one alone... plus its hard enough for me to find 20 mins to do this work out- let alone an hour and a half- LOL
  • vpsmith14
    vpsmith14 Posts: 71
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts. I've been doing them for nearly 4 months and lost 11 lbs so far. I have most of her dvds and do her everyday. Great workouts. Not sure if I can join in on 'checking in' each day with you but I'm in with you. I homeschool and have 12 kids so I really don't have much computer time. I'll "try" to keep up with you all each day for accountability.

Tricia
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts. I've been doing them for nearly 4 months and lost 11 lbs so far. I have most of her dvds and do her everyday. Great workouts. Not sure if I can join in on 'checking in' each day with you but I'm in with you. I homeschool and have 12 kids so I really don't have much computer time. I'll "try" to keep up with you all each day for accountability.

Tricia

Tricia-
    12 kids... you are my hero- LOL :laugh: Feel free to check in whenever you can :smile:
  • emartinez8107
    emartinez8107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im in.... hopefully ill get the dvd by monday lol got it from ebay
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    I'm in, I just started this morning! It kicked my butt, but it felt so good! I've had more energy today then I have since my daughter was born [9 months ago!].
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1! So I'm totally in!
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If anyone buys instant movies from Amazon, thats where I bought mine from. I bought just level 1 for 1.99, and will buy the next level in 10 days.
    I can play it in the living room on the computer, and in the bedroom on our Roku player.
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    totally in!!!