30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• salena_ruth17
    Options
    DAY 2 MFP'ers!! LETS GET IT!!!! We got this!!!!! YEAH!!

SW 30DS- 240
    Goal Weight- 230!!

LEGGGOOOO!
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    well I started a few days ago but, last night was the first time I got thru circuit 2 and almost all of circuit 3. Keep up the good work everyone who is doing this!!!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 today and my calfs are on fire (jump ropes). I can do the entire video all the way through but the cardio KILLS me!!!! I do start to slack on the bicycle kick crunches at the end but I think thats my internal timer telling me Ive had enough. Luckily it coincides with the end of the workout! I alternate between 3 and 5lb weight and am doing well so far.I'll probably have a rest day on saturday because i am also alternating c25k and Zumba.

Keep up the work ladies, the rewards will be great!!!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 done! Sadly, we've had our first 30DS casualty. Due to a MASSIVE BedtimeFAIL, my toddler was awake for my workout today and decided that sneaking up on Mommy while she's doing bicep curls was a good idea. Poor guy took a weight to the face for his trouble. ;.; After a break for cuddles, apologies, and nursies, workout continued without incident... though any more questions/comments about exercises, lying down, push it out, or kiss it better and I may have had to throttle him. x.x;;
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've had to bind up my knees to get through this workout and I want to throttle Jillian everytime she says "I've had 400 pound people doing jumping jacks - you can do it, too". With a brace and supports on my knee I have been able to get through it, but today there was actual pain (bone on bone grind-y kind of pain) with the butt-kicks, so I switched to a modified exercise - fast marching, side steps - for the cardio portion. Is anyone else having knee trouble?
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ... Is anyone else having knee trouble?

Yes me, I've been also doing the Active Sport 2 on the wii and it has a lot of squats which really doens't help. When I first started i'm sure it was too much for me (I hadn't done any exercise for years) as I couldn't even get up and down the stairs afterwards without my knees hurting so I left it and started walking everywhere to begin my exercise journey gently. I don't "push through the pain". If it hurts I quit. I want to be able to carry on exercising not spend weeks resting so it's not worth the risk imo.

I'm applying cold packs to my knees after exercising, if it feels uncomfortable I try a diy low impact version ( you should see me bouncing instead of skipping lol) and try to have a couple of days rest (not gonna happen with the 30DS). I'm sure though, that after a bit of weight loss and continuing to exercise that my knees are improving.

Good luck with everything!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done!! I could have pushed harder but overall satisfied with the workout I got. Thanks to everyone who finished day 2 before me! You all are motivational!
  • sugartwist
    sugartwist Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm on day 3 and I'm sore but I'm pushing through.
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed and am feeling WONDERFUL! Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Alright my AMAZING 30DS Group:

Day 2- Sounds like we are all feeling the workout- my calves are also killing me- think i might try and give myself a little massage tonight. This morning when i woke up the first thing that ran into my mind was excuses not to do the workout, but i got my bum out of bed tossed on my crappy sports bra and pressed play- pushed through the first day of excuses, i know more will follow but I am so happy- I CAN DO THIS!!! I WILL DO THIS!!! WE WILL ALL DO THIS!!!!

Day 2- In the books!!
    ~Michelle
  • sthrngl2007
    sthrngl2007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 is complete. Is anyone doing more additional workout then just this 30 day shred? For some reason I feel like in order to get the MAX results..i need to push myself further than this workout. Don't get me wrong..this workout..is well.....A WORKOUT! lol. At the same time..i do this workout and am so happy that i am done for the day...idk..maybe thats wrong. but...

I hate when she says i have 400 pound people doing this workout..lol..makes me feel really bad...especially when it comes to the "jump rope"..killer and the the "butt kicks" haha never feel like im able to do those all the way through...but I suppose you gotta start somewhere....

Anyone have any comments or advice to make this a truly effective workout?
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OK, day 2 whooped my butt. But I'm doing it again tonight with my hubby hopefully. I'm going to measure now and see where my starting point is. Good luck ladies!
  • LaurenLivesLife
    Options
    I started yesterday then found this thread today...how perfect!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just started today - a day late, I hope I can still join in. :)

I've done the workout off and on, but never for the full 30 days in a row. That's my goal now. My kids just got out of school for the summer and I know I"m not going to be able to keep up my regular gym workouts, so this is my focus for the time being. I figure no matter how crazy it gets with four kids at home, I should be able to steal 25 minutes to myself for this!
  • naturalnaijabeauty
    Options
    I'm soooo in!! Jillian kicks some serious butt, but with everyone's support, I know we can do it! Go us! :) I started Sunday, but was lazy and didn't do it yesterday...full force from now on!
  • mom2jacob
    mom2jacob Posts: 54
    Options
    holy crap i didn't think i would sweat this much!! day 2 is in the books and i'm def feeling it. hoping i can do my interval workout at the gym tonight.

Good Job Ladies!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started this a couple of times before and failed also. I need some tough love!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to anyone that is starting a day late- or is just joining us!! This is an amazing group-

Remember- Add me as a friend if you want :flowerforyou:
  • mareed123
    mareed123 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done. Was quite sore last night so i got out my foam roller and massaged all the tight muscles. Has definately helped!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Started today:)