30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2-Completed last night!! Yay!!!!
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the 30 day shred? I have noticed that although I dread it each day, it is getting easier day by day. I can do more jumping jacks before I am panting and I can do more of the side lunges with the weights than the 1st day. I almost didn't do it yesterday because my knee was hurting but then I watched dancing with the stars and saw a 60 year old 200+ lb kirstie alley do a cart wheel and hand stand and said i can't do that, and i never will if I don't do something about it. So that was my motivation. I want to at least be able to do a hand stand. I am only 36 if a 6o year old woman can do so can I. It even inspired me to get up 30 mins early this morning and walk !!!
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mee too Jumping jacks suck. Also need to get a good sports bra before tonights workout.
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    Day 5 completed today, and it felt so good! I can feel myself getting stronger each day, and I look forward to the burn =) Great job to everyone so far!!!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've noticed muscles showing in my arms, shoulders, and abs and it's got me excited to keep going. I have a physical therapy appointment today about my knees (an ongoing problem since March) and I hope I get the go-ahead to keep doing the Shred. If I don't I'll just modify. I try to spend my "sitting time" on stability ball because it's good for my lower back muscles (so says the chiropractor) and I wondered if bouncing on the ball provided any kind of a work out. Well...yes, it does! A vigorous bounce got my heart rate up and my breathing labored, so I added jumping-jack style arms. Guess what's replacing those jumping backs until my knees are better?
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2... my quads were screaming at me (surprising to me since I'm always working them at the gym!).... and now my abs are killing me. Oh, and I'm having trouble lifting my arms over my head now. lol

Looking forward to the results!
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Day 3 is done! Good job to everyone who is sticking with it!
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! We rock!

Day 4 done!
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late starting but I just did day 1 today and It was harder than I though. The cardio was ok, the strength was sort of ok.. but man ab work..its just hard for me and i need the most work there :( I am glad to be on this thread!
  • keelekat
    keelekat Posts: 13
    Options
    I've completed six days of the 30DS so far and in combination with sticking to MFPs calorie counter and continuing my standard wii fit, walking and cycling I am seeing major changes in my body. So far I've lost 2" of both my waist and hips. 4" off both my chest and boobs and 1" off both thighs. I've also lost 2lbs... not a massive amount of weight, but I'll take it!

Out of curiosity (and perhaps because I'm a tad insane!) I decided to do level 2 this morning after I had completed level 1 that. I Oh boy... talk about tough... I managed to complete it all with some modifications, but I was sweating buckets by the end of it. What I would say is that if you are not used to holding planks or doing yoga, then you may find the plank exercises tough. I do an hour of ashtanga yoga a week and the emphasis it has on arm strength was a saving grace!

I love and hate Jillian Michaels... but I love the effect that 30DS is having on my body! I went for a run today... I haven't been able to do that in years!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 4 today I find you do get stronger as you go I only have to modify the pushups still cant do a full pushup... legs are still killing and my arms are sore today too but I love it :smile:
  • hot2b86
    hot2b86 Posts: 19
    Options
    I started it monday too, its a great workout... deff kicks my butt!!
    1580888.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing AMAZING!!! I am so proud of each and every one of you!!!!!!!!

Day 3 DOWN! Take that Jillian!!

Again, talked myself out of excuses this am.... I was SOOOOO tired- probably didn’t push as hard as i should have- but i did it and finished it so that’s the best part :)

I feel like I can do all the workouts except for the pushups, I just feel like I am doing them wrong… really need to work on that because I don’t feel like they are “working” and I am not strong in the arms by any means!

Still struggling with the sports bra support… or lack thee of…and too broke to go get a better one… oh well, do what we can right :smile:

Again, y’all are doing amazing!!!! Here’s to day 4 :drinker:
    ~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I also wanted to let you know that I have started a June Challenge:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249369-june-2011-the-more-the-better-challenge

Feel free to join :)

~Michelle
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2..done!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 DONE. As a word to the wise? Swimming + 30 Day Shred = OUCH. x.x;;
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    I'm in. I actually started on the 23rd, so this is perfect!
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 in the books!!! Way to go everyone for sticking with it!!!!:wink:
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done with a lot of pushing myself into it. I really wasn't into today's workout but I worked as hard as I could and I hope I didn't cut corners. I don't think I did.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    3rd day down! the jumping jacks are getting easier:smile: