Round 2--30 Day Shred Challenge (Closed Group)

Options
13»

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Did Level 2 today. I haven't been consistent this go round and am trying to get back on track.

I hear you! I'm ready to get back on track though. I am a bit tired of the Shred, so I think that once I finish this round I'm gonna give it a bit of a break and maybe just do it once or twice a week.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 8 of Level 2 complete. YAAAY!!! Only 2 more days of Level 2 before I can move on to Level 3 THANK GOD!!! I'm really getting tired of level 2. I think I liked Level 3 the best of all levels, so I'm excited about that.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    2 days In a row! Hopefully I'm getting my momentum back. Did lev 2 & was able to hang with Anita on almost everything but pendulum lunges and jumpy stuff. Plank twists were a go.....finally!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    2 days In a row! Hopefully I'm getting my momentum back. Did lev 2 & was able to hang with Anita on almost everything but pendulum lunges and jumpy stuff. Plank twists were a go.....finally!

Great job!!! I don't know what I did to my shoulder, but it has been killing me for the past couple days, I could barely lift my toothbrush last night. Ugh! I think I strained it in the stupid push up things. Maybe I'll finally get throug Day 10 of Level 2 tomorrow, my life just hasn't been cooperating lately!!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Hope your shoulder is better tomorrow. I got through Lev 2 again today but later when Ii was vacuuming our suv I felt a twinge in my calf muscle when I leaned too far forward. I'll have to assess its "Shredability" tomorrow!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Still a no-go on the shoulder. :grumble: Still sore, but hopefully will be improved by early next week. Headed out of town for the 4th of July, will get some hiking in, but no Shredding. My husband and I just ordered P90X, and will start that whenever it gets here, so not sure if I'll make it all the way through this round of the Shred--just depends on the timing of delivery, etc.

Glad to see you're still hanging in there!!! I'm a bit bummed that I haven't been able to stick to the original plan of having Round 2 completed by 7/4. Guess my body and my life had other plans!!!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I shredded Friday before leaving for vaca! Camping in the mountains! I'll be home Tuesday night & will shred on Wednesday. I'm thinking of trying Ripped in 30 or something I saw reviewed in Self or Fitness or some mag called Super 90. It's like a cheaper version of P90X. It got a good review so for $20 I may give it a try. My bf has been doing Ripped so I may see if she wants to trade DVDs. Have a glorious 4th. Raising my glass of Tree free Chardonnay to toast our efforts so far. We have been super consistent but we've battled on through injuries & circumstances! Well done, my friend!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I agree--I'm raising a glass of sauvignon blanc to us both as well!!! :) I actually got the "like new" version of P90X on amazon.com for $60 rather than the $150 it goes for new! Can't wait to get it in a try it out. In the meantime, I plan to Shred when we get back from vaca. Keep up the great work!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    YAAAAAYYYY!!!! Level 2 is FINALLY over! P90X should be here sometime this week, but I'll do Level 3 until it gets here. Also ran for about 15 minutes and my hip felt great. Yaaay!!! So glad the Physical Therapy has fixed me!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 complete! I'm going to Chincoteague in 30 days. So, I'm going to try to kick it up a notch. I may do a couple rounds on Level 3 . I'm still hangin with Anita most of the way. I want to see if I can do Lev 3 full on by the end of my second time through L3!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 complete! I'm going to Chincoteague in 30 days. So, I'm going to try to kick it up a notch. I may do a couple rounds on Level 3 . I'm still hangin with Anita most of the way. I want to see if I can do Lev 3 full on by the end of my second time through L3!

Great job, keep it going!!!! I received P90X in the mail and hubby and I were planning on starting next week, and I was going to keep with Level 3 of the Shred this week, but that plan is going to be a no-go. My shoulder is hurting to just lift my bag I carry to work--no way I can move on to P90X right now. Part of me wants to just push through the pain, but doing that benched me from running for 4 months, so I know that's not a good idea. I'm going to have to rest this shoulder for awhile, which is a total bummer! I guess it's back to cardio for me. At least I've been discharged from PT and given clearance to SLOWLY build my mileage, so I'll start running again and get back on the elliptical.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I put in 10 min on the elliptical today & my calf was feelin it! I did some great yoga stretching after the Shred today. Trying to keep my flexibility up. I used to be a dancer (ballet 12 years) so I NEED to stretch or I feel out of it.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Good job getting it!! I'm gonna have to give Shred a rest due to the shoulder and put P90X on the back burner. Ran a couple miles yesterday and did 35 minutes on the elliptical today.