ughhhh men!!!

Options

Replies

• Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Story of my life......everybody wants to score, but no one wants to play the game.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    A lot of the guys on here get stuck in the "friend" zone in RL, others are putting up a front, and still others think they have a pool of easy fish with low self esteem (someone pointed out to me recently that MFP was listed on some PUA forum as a place to get easy hook ups)... Personally I don't even get the friend zone in RL because they all cross the street clutching their handbags with a look of fright on their faces when they see me coming.

I hear you on the 'friend zone' thing. In college I became best friends with two guys. I never EVER thought about dating them. After a year or so one of my girl friends set me up on a 'blind date'...it was with one of my best guy friends. (Awkward moment) I had so much fun we did it a couple more times...7 years later to the day we are celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Women are equally as horrible! But yeah, there are some awful men out there too.
  • xxbeckybexx
    Options
    I'd like to think there's still some good men out there! And hope one comes my way at some point in the future. He would have to be a friend too, but not necessarily first!
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Men are universal. It's nature. I'm a big proponent of nature above nurture. We may have some learned abilities like chivalry and what not that in our mind connect the dots to what our instincts want, but it's what we are when you boil all the bull**** ego driven identity stuff away. Men and women alike want sex, society and security.

MFP or the bar or whatever: we are as we were made.

This is the one thing Europeans have above us.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A lot of angry chicks posting today. If you spend all day trimming down and looking good, you should expect a few men falling over chairs to get a piece. If you don't like the extra attention, you know where to get a plate of muffins and a pot of spaghetti to choke down every hour on the hour to achieve the look that turns off every man. Warning, trimming down and looking good may make you irresistible to the opposite sex. Just something to consider as you're losing weight.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    A lot of angry chicks posting today. If you spend all day trimming down and looking good, you should expect a few men falling over chairs to get a piece. If you don't like the extra attention, you know where to get a plate of muffins and a pot of spaghetti to choke down every hour on the hour to achieve the look that turns off every man. Warning, trimming down and looking good may make you irresistible to the opposite sex. Just something to consider as you're losing weight.

It took me nearly a year to figure this out. I went from never getting attention from guys to being stared at constantly. At first, it pissed me off. Then I realized that this is just what men do, and as long as they don't put their hands on me (without permission), then it's not a big deal. I'd prefer if they didn't stare at me like I'm a ribeye, but whatever.

It's the guys who pretend to be nice and sweet and charming and then turn into jerks when you won't put out that I have a problem with.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    this will be a rant so please forgive me now.

MEN FLIPPIN SUCK! why cant RL men be like MFP men? i swear that the men here are the only men on earth that are decent. now i could be wrong... they could all just be putting up a front from behind the pc, but the men here are AMAZING! why is it sooooo FN hard to find a decent man? i met two new guys this weekend, and BOTH tried to sleep with me from the jump. i mean, didnt even attempt to get to know ANYTHING about me. now im no saint, and i have had my fair share of one night stands... but SERIOUSLY! i wish i could get the chance to meet some of the MFP men in person. reason for that... to shake ur hands and to THANK you for being the amazing, supporting, complimenting men that u are. even the ones who are super flirty, ALWAYS know when to draw the line. thank u guys for giving me hope that somewhere in this world there just might be ONE good guy left.

end rant.

My poor son was complaining the other day that he's always the friend but never the boyfriend. He's a decent young man because as a single parent, I've tried to bring him up that way. I tried to assure him that someday he'll meet the right woman and I know someday you'll find the right man. My late boyfriend was a very decent man, a real gentleman and believed chivalry wasn't dead. Now granted he was a much older gentleman but I have faith from seeing the young men from my church that there are other decent younger men besides my son out there too who know how to respect a woman.
  • kimphillips36
    kimphillips36 Posts: 125
    Options

Well said! :wink:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I noticed my friend Wendy replied, so I was curious..... then was cracking up at the comment from Rodney, too funny. I can relate somewhat and had to laugh. So.... when I lost a ton of weight in my mid 20's I turned from an average dweeb to something much better, but, had NO idea what a compliment/flirt was until it was tacked onto my forehead. The FUNNY part.... it was usually from guys.... haha, it took forever to figure out "nice pants Ray, are they new, where did you get those, they look nice....lost weight?". Then I would think.... wow, that Ron is sure nice.... but then had the bubble burst when someone said, "Wow, Ron is sure hitting on you, he wants to ask you out so bad..." YIKES!!!! Life was easier when I was invisible, it is like having super powers.

Good point Rodney, revel in the progress but, yes, attention will ensue....haha.

MFP men are still men, and women are still women, but the key is getting good friends to manage life's obstacle course of challenges. With that, my MFP friends, of any gender, just plain rock!!

Ray
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

MEN FLIPPIN SUCK! why cant RL men be like MFP men? i swear that the men here are the only men on earth that are decent. now i could be wrong... they could all just be putting up a front from behind the pc, but the men here are AMAZING! why is it sooooo FN hard to find a decent man? i met two new guys this weekend, and BOTH tried to sleep with me from the jump. i mean, didnt even attempt to get to know ANYTHING about me. now im no saint, and i have had my fair share of one night stands... but SERIOUSLY! i wish i could get the chance to meet some of the MFP men in person. reason for that... to shake ur hands and to THANK you for being the amazing, supporting, complimenting men that u are. even the ones who are super flirty, ALWAYS know when to draw the line. thank u guys for giving me hope that somewhere in this world there just might be ONE good guy left.

end rant.

Haha i have been thinking the same darn thing for the last month. All my MFP guy friends(AND THE GIRLS) are freakin awesome and really sweet. They all seem really respectful but Cali guys....BAHAHAHAHA what's respectful! Why cant the guys i know be like that. UGH! LAME! I want an MFP dude shoot!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

end rant.

What no grabbin of my *kitten*?
  • JDMPWR
    Options

end rant.

Haha i have been thinking the same darn thing for the last month. All my MFP guy friends(AND THE GIRLS) are freakin awesome and really sweet. They all seem really respectful but Cali guys....BAHAHAHAHA what's respectful! Why cant the guys i know be like that. UGH! LAME! I want an MFP dude shoot!

Move to da Midwest....stat
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    A lot of the guys on here get stuck in the "friend" zone in RL, others are putting up a front, and still others think they have a pool of easy fish with low self esteem (someone pointed out to me recently that MFP was listed on some PUA forum as a place to get easy hook ups)... Personally I don't even get the friend zone in RL because they all cross the street clutching their handbags with a look of fright on their faces when they see me coming.

I hear you on the 'friend zone' thing. In college I became best friends with two guys. I never EVER thought about dating them. After a year or so one of my girl friends set me up on a 'blind date'...it was with one of my best guy friends. (Awkward moment) I had so much fun we did it a couple more times...7 years later to the day we are celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary!

He is one of the lucky few, congrats to you both though!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

end rant.

Move to da Midwest....stat

Haha! :)
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options

end rant.

Guys that come on here and use the forums and messaging seem to be more humble then the *kitten* you see in real life. The real life *kitten* are either full of themselves, think they don't need help, seriously don't care enough to sign up for this, or are in really good shape already and tell everyone they are.

BUT I have met some creepers on here that's for sure.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    No all men are bad just like not all women are bad. I have to say that I am the same here as I am in real life the only difference is that I am a little more shy in person. Those dudes that are hollering at you are people that was drugged up not raise by their parents. they need to learn how to treat a lady.....
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    GIRLFRIEND Im right there with ya.. been a cpl dates myself and they lie or they want tto sleep with ya... 1 i was excited about and guess what????? MARRIED!

MFP men are amazzing..... just wish they lived closer....
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    dudes choose who they wanna be on here. it's so temporary. you talk to them for five minutes max a day, of course they're unreal. cause they are. it's hard for me to believe any of it's real, until proven otherwise :) keep your dignity. xo
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    dudes choose who they wanna be on here. it's so temporary. you talk to them for five minutes max a day, of course they're unreal. cause they are. it's hard for me to believe any of it's real, until proven otherwise :) keep your dignity. xo

Hey there is nothing Temporary about me I am the same today tomorrow and for ever. You may bump into some guys who have given you the run around but that is not me so you can't lump all guys into on category just like it would be wrong for me to lump you into a category... and if you read the post right you would see that she said the guys she meets daily not the ones on MFP.......just saying....