FireRunners (closed C25K group) week of 5/23 :)

Options
124»

Replies

• x_sotonguetied
    Options
    W4D2 finished! seemed to struggle some with today's run, not sure why! i think i'm going to see how day 3 goes and decide if i want to repeat week 4 or not. i just don't want to get discouraged when week 5 comes!

hope everyoe is doing wonderful! keep your chins up & happy running! :)
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    OK!! Got through Week 4 Day 2 able to keep running and to keep breathing! Way to go:bigsmile:
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    Yay to all the folks making it through week 4! I am struggling through my head game. To recap...on day 1, I couldn't make it through the first 5 minute run. Today, I told myself...you will, if you do nothing else, make it through that first 5 minute run. So, I did. So, instead of getting less than half way through the full day's run, I got through 3/4's of it. Am I really in better shape today than I was on Tuesday? Head game!

But I'm determined to push on through the week, and to finish it out with one complete, week 4 run. And to repeat week 4 next week. Because each time you accomplish something you didn't think you could accomplish, the next time, you KNOW you can do it. Remember when we weren't sure we could get through 3 minutes without stopping? Now, I know I can run for 5 minutes without stopping. The last 45 seconds are a killer, but I can do it.

And, you know? I cannot believe how far I've come. I really can't. When I get through a full week 4 run, I will be running a total of 16 minutes within a 30 minute workout. That is CRAZY!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    W4D2 Done! Yay Me and Yay to all of you that are sticking with it! :drinker:
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    W3D3 just completed! I actually ran the entire cooldown. Not sure if that is right or not but I couldnt stop.

Im gonna kick this challenge in the *kitten*!!!!

W4??? Bring it on!!!! :grumble:
  • Margot18904
    Options
    Just back off holiday but did all 3 week 4 runs whilst there and felt really good. Hoping to get out for W5 D1 tonight, it's pretty hot here but I'm feeling up for it and need to work off all those extra holiday calories!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I have one more attempt at week 4 this week. And next week, I'll repeat. But this morning, I decided to do intervals. Nothing fancy...I even forgot to bring my interval timer with me! So I just winged it. But it was so much fun. Sprinting just makes you feel athletic...even when you're not!

Hope you all are enjoying the end of the week and are planning fun weekends!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    W4 D1 completed today :happy:
  • Leanz
    Options
    Did Week 4 Day 3 yesterday, running outside in cold winter air - but I did it and I felt great :bigsmile:
  • Leanz
    Options
    Did Week 4 Day 3 yesterday, running outside in cold winter air - but I did it and I felt great :bigsmile:
  • Margot18904
    Options
    W5 D2 done here and it felt really good, easier than the last few sessions by a long way. I seem to find the longer runs easier than stopping and starting, so fingers crossed for W5 D3 on Tuesday. It was cooler today than my last run and I managed to pick up my pace a little bit which was pleasing.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    well, i never really got this off the ground and now I am doing the P90X that I just received for my birthday this weekend! I just know I can't do both and this will be my focus so I am going to have to drop out of this group. I still intend to pick this up at some point in my life, just not right now. Thanks for all of your support and I'm glad I made some new "runner" friends. :)
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I finished W4D3 yesterday! I can hardly wait for week 5! :happy:
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    hey heyyy fellow runners! so excited that we're sticking with this!

i never got around to the W4D3 run, so i just went ahead and kept myself on schedule without it and did my W5D1 run just now! had a great time!

i think i've been running faster during my intervals than when i used to run before starting this program. when i ran before i started the program, i wasn't some super runner or anything, but i would jog for 3 songs on my ipod, then walk for one, jog for 3, and i would do that for 30-40 minutes. that's really about the same amount of time as what i'm doing now in c25k, but i feel like i get more tired now.

or maybe that's just because it's hotter outside now lol :)

keep up the awesome work everyone!!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Tomorrow I am restarting week 4. Going to see if I can get through it this week. I am also going to add in two days of interval training. Not long...I'm probably going to combine them with my strength training and probably only do intervals for 10-15 minutes. But I think that might help me improve my cardiovascular endurance...which has always been my problem. And why I've always shied away from becoming "a runner."

Wish me luck!

And I'm wondering...how many of us are still on the C25k path? We had a lot of people start out with us...but in the past 2 weeks, I think I'm only hearing from 6 or so. I'm wondering if there are more out there who are 'lurking' and listening, but not posting. If so, tell us how you're doing. Even if how you're doing is "I kind of fell of the wagon for the past week....". We don't just want to hear good news...we're hear to support and motivate each other, no matter where we are.
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just did W3D3 yesterday. Breathing is excellent, much to my surprise, but my calf muscles got pretty sore. Need more stretching and weights!
    Haven't run in the past 1.5 weeks due to a typhoon blowing through the area, but apparently kept up my endurance enough to do W3D2 and W3D3 on back to back days. Today I have an 2 hour kendo session, so tomorrow starts week 4 - pretty nervous about it.
    Yesterday, my town hosted a running event. All the elem. school and jr. high school kids participated, as well as people from other prefectures! about 1,200 people in total ran 3k, 5k or 10ks. The path is on mountain roads however, so I chickened out >.< Everyone was saying that it was a hard course...but hopefully next year I'll dominate it! I went yesterday and handed out water to the runners. Met one with excellent English who said he ran the Boston marathon 11 years in a row! Considering this is Japan, that's extreme dedication to fly out there every year to run.
    The best motivator was seeing a 60+ yr old man, the last one in, on his home stretch. He was limping the whole way, and obviously in a great deal of pain, but everyone was clapping and cheering him on and he finished! :drinker:
    Everyone there seemed so happy, even if they did poorly, and it rubbed off a bit. Renewed my determination to finish this! We can do it!