Couch to 5k...start today?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the difference in running outside for 25 min vs inside going round, and round and round the track. I won't say it was a piece of cake, but certainly way less boring and less messing with your mind. On the track at the gym, there are people who walk faster than I run and people who run way faster than me which all culminates in me beating myself up. On the road, it is just me and myself and I know I can do it!

So my Saturday morning run at the end of Week 7 went fabulously! I am really going to have to work on running outside in the soup (aka humid weather) this week for Week 8.
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I have one more run before my 5k on Saturday. I drove the route last night - it's daunting. The first half mile or so is really really steep, but then the next half mile is pretty straight down hill, then another mile of slightly downhill. I guess it's good that the uphill part is in the very beginning, but it's significantly steep, so I'm a little nervous, but a lot excited. =)

next week i am going to start doing intervals again, so that i can get my jogging speed up.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good luck Ping!!! You can do it. Let us know how it goes, we are cheering you on!!!!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Options
    Good luck Ping!!! You can do it. Let us know how it goes, we are cheering you on!!!!

Thanks! Tomorrow's the day, the butterflies i feel today make me wonder how much adrenaline i'll be generating tomorrow haha.
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Options
    46:11, almost 4 minutes faster than I thought I'd do. 1692 of about 2300. Amazing experience!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is great Ping! Well done!

I've now finished the program. The last run I did 4.3km in 35mins so yesterday I went out to run 5K. I did it in 40mins. Felt quite emotional about it because it is such a huge thing for me to have set that kind of goal and met it!

For anyone not yet finished, keep it up! The feeling you'll have when you finish is awesome!

Best wishes!