Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is nice to get on here and read everyone's progress. It really is motivating and makes me want to stick with the program and do well. Everyone is doing such a great job!! It really doesn't matter which week you are on. What matters is that we are doing it!! Keep it up!
  • weeziews
    Options
    W5D1 completed. I did not know each day increases the amount of time you run. Yikes for D3. Really not sure about the 20 minutes of running. Good luck everyone.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Finishing up W4D3 today and then on to W5 tomorrow. I am gonna have to force myself ot workout and THEN work on packing for moving. It's too easy to want to say, forget c25k I have too much to do. But I HAVE to finish it--I'm halfway there!

Somebody PLEASE make sure I do my days this week!!!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Body pump and run tonight after work, i have been told to do body pump to help to strengthen my legs and i am also starting to see someone to help my alignment and i'm buying new trainers tomorrow! hopefully this will help my running and stop my knee from hurting too much.

Well done everyone who is on W5!! x
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    On to week 6 today..week 5 day 3 was rough, I got very painful side stitches that I had to walk and breathe through I felt like I failed :( I tried to make for it by running through the cool down though
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I finally completed W4D1 it was tough after having a week off! but i did the 5K programme on the treadmill and when the C25K app finished i kept going to see how quick i could the 5K and i did my new personal best of 41minutes! i am so happy and i am confident now that every time i do a new day on the app i am closer to reaching my 30 minute target!! I do get side stitches though and i find it hard to control my breathing, maybe it was because i had a week off? x
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D1 last night. Wow...that's it wow. Day 3 is seriously going to kick my butt (in a good way of course). I am thinking I may do day 2 tonite....and then day 3 Friday morning. Originally I was thinking Day 2 Thursday night and day 3 friday morning....but I think that may be a bit much for my body! LOL!

My only dilemma now is that I want to circuit blast tonite too (I rather promised the instructor I would be there), but since it alternates 1 min of cardio with 1 min of weights...I am not sure how that will work. I may just have to dial back the cardio component. LOL!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Finishing up W4D3 today and then on to W5 tomorrow. I am gonna have to force myself ot workout and THEN work on packing for moving. It's too easy to want to say, forget c25k I have too much to do. But I HAVE to finish it--I'm halfway there!

Somebody PLEASE make sure I do my days this week!!!

I'll keep you accountable :)

I just finished W5 D2 today, and it was fantastic. I feel like I can finally breathe, and when I went to walk (the only walk break!) I felt like I could've kept going. Pretty excited what this'll mean for Friday (day 3).

For all of you that are feeling apprehensive about W5 D3, just think, after you've ran for 20 minutes without stopping, there is going to be NOTHING standing in your way. You'll be so incredibly proud of yourself, and everything else will come so much easier. I'm super excited to get over that hurdle, and I know all of you can, too.
  • smcguirt
    smcguirt Posts: 11
    Options
    WINNING!!!! W5D2 DONE! Felt good, just set a good pace and ran. Could have done some extra but don't want to push it! D3 coming up! I got this! 5K Sunday!
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done. Day 2 tomorrow. D1 was fine. I did fine...but I am not convinced I can handle D3. I will do my best, but I know how I feel after 5 minutes of jogging and I can't imagine doing that 3 more times without a break. We'll see how it goes.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ok so I dd part of W4D1 yesterday (16 minutes) because we didn't have time to stay 30 minutes due to my husbands doctors appointment so I'll have to finish it today! I am still sore from Yoga on Monday, did not expect that and its defiantly making it more difficult but I was able to do the first run at 4.5 :D
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Going to complete W3D2 tonight and then day 3 tomorrow. Won't be able to start week 4 until Sunday as this weekend is busy busy for me. I really need new shoes though, my right foot tends to go numb by the time I am finished the 30 minutes. That can't be normal? I'm hoping it's just my shoes and nothing serious.
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Decided to go ahead and do W5 anyway yesterday and was surprised and pleased to complete it!
    Tomorrow is D2...and so dreading D3...
  • weeziews
    Options
    WINNING!!!! W5D2 DONE! Felt good, just set a good pace and ran. Could have done some extra but don't want to push it! D3 coming up! I got this! 5K Sunday!

Great job!!! That is awesome and great attitude. Good luck Sunday, we will be waiting to hear how you do.
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done whew....Friday morning is going to be a killer. I was going to do Day 2 Thursday night and then day 3 Friday morning, but rethought that plan! LOL!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I wrapped up W4D3 on sunday night, then rolled into W5D1 Monday night - both felt fantastic. W5D2 tonight, also felt fantastic. Jogged an extra 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd 8 minute run, and had just a 3 minute cooldown instead. I wonder curiously, not so much nervously, if W5D3 will be as bad as it seems like in my head. Not sure yet if i'll do it saturday or sunday.

proud of you all for sticking with it and pushing your effort beyond what you thought would be possible. =)
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I finally got to W4D3 yesterday -- but I think I still may repeat that workout one more time before moving on to W5. I feel great after I'm done--I just want the 5 minute runs to feel ever so slightly easier before I move on.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing amazing!! Seriously, you're considered "runners" now! I don't know about you, but I never thought I would be a runner again.

After a week off for healing, I'm weaning myself back into the program. I re-did W1D1 last night. It was suprisingly a little difficult (were those intervals always so close together?), but I ran and walked at faster paces. I felt pretty miserable during, but felt great afterward. Nothing like a little (or a lot in my case) sweat to bring you back!

Seriously, congrats guys!! You all should be incredibly proud!
  • weeziews
    Options
    W5D2 completed this morning. I was not looking forward to it and almost hit the snooze button again, but instead dragged my butt out of bed and got on the treadmill. The last 2 minutes of running was rough, but I did it. I let out a huge gasp at the end and thanked god I made it to the cool down. :-) I am not sure how I will make it through D3, but all I can do is try.

Keep up the good work everyone. And keep posting your progress, it is motivating for me to read everyones progress and comments about how they did.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one we failed w5d2? I did fine til the last 8 min run, I only made it 5 mins. My legs are killing me, Im taking today off altogether. Should I keep doing w5d2 til I get it? Im prety sure w5d3 will not happen for a long time so do I do my best and move on or wait til I hit that one too?