Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    l9EtG.png

ahh, it's too big to see the whole thing, haha. i didn't want to resize it too small! oh well. just copy and paste this in your browser and it should come up fine: http://i.imgur.com/l9EtG.png
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    Wow. I completed W4D1 today, even though I was almost 100% sure I would have to walk after maybe 4 minutes of jogging - but NO! I did it, every second of the jobs, and even jogged the final 3 minutes of cooldown! I had tears in my eyes, I cannot believe how far it's possible to have come in such a short amount of time. I've never been able to run more than maybe 60 seconds if i pushed it to the point of hyperventilation, even since I was a kid.

I am so excited!!!!!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well I FINALLY finished W2D1 tonight. I might have to do a few consecutive days but I'm hoping to catch up with the rest of the group. I gotta say it was tough though after having so many days in between. I'll be doing my best not to let that happen again so I can keep my endurance level up!
  • cobylea
    Options
    Wow. I completed W4D1 today, even though I was almost 100% sure I would have to walk after maybe 4 minutes of jogging - but NO! I did it, every second of the jobs, and even jogged the final 3 minutes of cooldown! I had tears in my eyes, I cannot believe how far it's possible to have come in such a short amount of time. I've never been able to run more than maybe 60 seconds if i pushed it to the point of hyperventilation, even since I was a kid.

I am so excited!!!!!

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone who did W4D1 and for those who are re-starting. I will hopefully do W4D1 myself this evening as i managed to get majority of my ironing done last night! wahoo lol

I have a client at 7pm so i probably should have bought my gym kit in to work to to the gym straight away but i was limited for time and quite frankly i couldn't be bothered. But reading about all you guys really makes me ant to stick with it, so THANK YOU for that!! Hopefully tomorrow i will be updating that i finished W4D1 too! (I will be doing thison the street though, so i will have no idea how fast i am walking/running like i do on the treadmill) eeek!! x
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W4D1 done. Barely. I finished it last night and I am still sore this morning. I hope it gets easier the next two days this week. I'm not sure I can do that again.
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I start week 4 today and I am terrified! lol I can run 3 minutes, no problem but 5 minutes? Wow, WHEN I make it through this I am going to scream! Yall wish me luck! : D
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did w4d2 yesterday....I didnt make it. I was good till the 5 min intervals about killed me. The last 5 mins I only ran 4 mins but after walking a little I did another 2 mins. I may be doing week 4 again next week or atleast an extra day
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Hey there
    I just started yesterday..thought that i would die...i hope that it will get better
    went for a walk today -slow
    tomorrow will be the walk-run with a friend
    good luck
    i'm in :)
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    W4D1 completed yesterday and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Good job everyone. I really did complete weeks 2 and 3, even though the posted doesn't reflect it. My emails don't seem to be making it through. That's okay, I have my progress noted.

Keep up the good work everyone. It's exciting seeing everyone's progress.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    W4D1 done.
    My Dr. told me I shouldn't let my heart rate go over 170, which means going really slow on the 5 minute one. I think I was actually walking faster than I was running. If I still have to go that slow to keep my hr down by day 3 I might repeat this week. I HATE being slow. Fast is in my blood. I need it.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done. Why is it easier for me to do the last 5 min run? It's odd. I think it may be because my body is officially warmed up (even though I always do some stretching and do the 5 min warm up before hand). Maybe i'll start doing some jumping jacks before hand as well.

Ate kinda bad tonight though. Not quite sure why, but I was craving all of these bad foods. Fortunately, I was still under my calorie limit. Then again, I don't plan on letting this become a habit.
  • cobylea
    Options
    W2D2 done...making my way back to the rest of the group! Although I gotta say this one had my legs a burning and I was quite winded...I better get better!! lol
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    w4d2 completed!! I agree with horseryder77, that last 5 minute run is soooo much easier!
    must be psychological, cos i know its the last bit and i put my all into it?
    anyway, one more day for week 4...!!!
  • otr12
    Options
    W4D2 done. After that nothing was hurting (except my lungs) so I did a day from W3 too. I'm hoping this extra effort will get me a little closer to running a little faster without breaking a heart rate of 170bpm.

Does anybody know if this will work? I posted this question but got no response.
  • weeziews
    Options
    I started today. Never jogged before except to cross the street. And I'm a smoker.

Burned 311 calories in 32 minutes and went 2.1 miles.
    I got the C25K Pro Android app for $1.99. Pandora does run successfully at the same time. I was also running CardioTrainer to track my distance and speed.

AWESOME JOB OTR12!!!! That really is great progress!!
  • weeziews
    Options
    W3D3 done yesterday!! feels great might do an extra day over the weekend and start week 4 on Monday! feeling nervous for next week going from 9 min of running to 16 is scary!!! but i never thought that i could of run for 3 min straight so i suppose i never know unless i try :D:D

Everyone is doing so well, keep it up !!!!

On other news, i have just brought new scales this week and sadly they are weighing me in 3kg (6.6lb) heavier ;..( shock to the system and put me on a downer for the week, but my goal is to break even this month, wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZhoagiebear - it is hard not to get discouraged but hang in there and drink A LOT of water. You may be retaining it, and if it is the TOM then stay away from the scale, it's always worse for me. :-) You're doing great!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    W4D2 done. After that nothing was hurting (except my lungs) so I did a day from W3 too. I'm hoping this extra effort will get me a little closer to running a little faster without breaking a heart rate of 170bpm.

Does anybody know if this will work? I posted this question but got no response.
    Not sure...have you tried slowing down to control your heart rate? Even jogging slower than you walk is still jogging
  • otr12
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder Weeziews! I shouldn't complain about not getting to run faster for 5 minutes when just a month ago I thought 1 minute was going to kill me.
  • weeziews
    Options
    W4D2 completed. It was little rough, but I was determined to stick to it. I did it very early this morning, and I think there is something said about fueling your workouts! I better fuel it next time. :-)

Good job everyone!

You're welcome OTR12! I know what you mean though, I never thought I would run, period. HA.