Well, 7lbs to go...vote on your preferred body type =p.

Options
124»

Replies

• stockholmhasa
    stockholmhasa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would say slim, but middle isn't terrible. Solid looks like it isn't really...healthy.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hugeness!!!! muscle is sexy, no doubt about it! the more the better! my husband is 6' and 275/280 and solid (well maybe a lil belly) but he is a prof powerlifter and bench is his thing. i've seem him cut down to 250 and still look awesome but i just prefer big. His buddies that compete with him at his weight look great as well. you're doing great, keep up the good work and train hard!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Slim or Middle <3 Men's bods! They can be sooooo hot lol.
    HONESTLY -- biggest thing for me is the quality of you -- as in your skin, hygeine, and overall appearance with wearing clothes over the sexy body! It all can give or take away from the overall picture in my opinion.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    like you said, and as we can see, muscle runs in ur family and it looks like it wont take you long to put on more size if thats the look you want. you have a great build and this should come easy for you. just a warning, if you want to put on size and train like a power lifter, you'll really have to up your calories. my husband has to eat 10,000 to 12,000 calories a day to keep his size when training heavy. he is drug free so his food is his steriods. if he drops below 10,000 a day, he will start dropping weight. believe me, it's hard to cook for him during these training periods but this is what it takes to feed a drug free powerlifter. good luck on your journey and keep us posted!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Slim!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Cris you look great! 7 to go well done! Your brother is solid from what I can see. The other pics are subjective. Your slim example would be my medium. The solid it over the top unless you're bulking up for something specific. The three pics have one thing in common, cut abs and chest. Your arms and neck are developed next focus on the abs and chest definition and you'll get what you're looking for. I can't say you'll lose the 7 lbs tho. If you just focus on bulking up. I'm thick built too, and the only way I get definition is to watch my calories and lift weights and cardio. I know it's different for guys that gals but I use to work out with a personal trainer (yrs. Ago) and he constantly told me to keep my calories lean. I did and I felt great. I think you can get the "slim" body type in 3 wks or less. (p.s. If you haven't already cut out alcohol, it's easy for quick weight loss).

You got this!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome lol =D.

Remember also...I'm not asking this so much as an indication for 'which one should I do based on the most votes!' or 'what will get me the most attention?'. It's more an interesting topic, and hearing you guys opinions gives some really cool insights into how we view things in general. It seems slim and middle would be the most popular...but I think the bigger guy is being overlooked a little because of the picture I chose. I used to have another one where he was standing in a more normal position, and he's not as big as he seems in that picture. More a 'thick' version of 'middle'.
    Hey Cris you look great! 7 to go well done! Your brother is solid from what I can see. The other pics are subjective. Your slim example would be my medium. The solid it over the top unless you're bulking up for something specific. The three pics have one thing in common, cut abs and chest. Your arms and neck are developed next focus on the abs and chest definition and you'll get what you're looking for. I can't say you'll lose the 7 lbs tho. If you just focus on bulking up. I'm thick built too, and the only way I get definition is to watch my calories and lift weights and cardio. I know it's different for guys that gals but I use to work out with a personal trainer (yrs. Ago) and he constantly told me to keep my calories lean. I did and I felt great. I think you can get the "slim" body type in 3 wks or less. (p.s. If you haven't already cut out alcohol, it's easy for quick weight loss).

You got this!!!

Thanks a bunch!! My little brother actually dwarfs the guy in the 'solid' picture lol. 5'9", 235-240lbs or so in those pictures if I recall, with 90% of it in his shoulders, chest, back...and of course belly (which he artfully eliminated from the pictures eh?). He didn't neglect his legs either, as so many do. Oh, I forgot his head...he had/has a really big head...as you can imagine from some of the responses above lol.

Chest and abs are definitely where I'm going next. Arms and back seem to be the easiest build for me...and arms continue to build with just about any exercises...so that works out. If you look at my diet plan...most days are under 2000. Today is even lower at just over 1500. A couple days spike to maintenance at about 2300 if I recall. I try to make them all quality calories, with healthy fats and protien taking precedance over carbs.

Also, if you think I could get the 'slim' body type in 3 weeks or less...I'm in lol. Sign me up and send me the how-to =p. I can always bulk up some if I choose after lol.

=D
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For your frame, solid is good. :)
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Slim with the middles shoulders. *picky*

My other half would maul me if he saw this. He's even slimmer than slim.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like your little brother's body. I love a muscular build.
  • RaeOSL
    RaeOSL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home! SOLID!!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    middle or solid. You have the perfect body type for the 'solid' photo. Why not go for it?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Wow...old thread! I'll try to dig up the original pictures and host them on photobucket, then repost them in a reply here. I'd be curious what everyone thought still...though I'm far past that previous goal lol. I figure I'm probably closest to the 'middle' build now, with less definition =p.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!