Rock Star Weight Loss Challenge Week 4 (Already in Progress)

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Congrats to EVERYONE who is involved. You may not have made as much numerical progress as you had wanted, but YOU WERE IN THE GAME! You can't get a hit unless you swing the bat, and you all have been taking home run cuts. (Sorry about all of the baseball metaphors, My SF Giants game is on, and I still have World Series Champion Fever. Don't Stop Believin'!!smiley-happy032.gif )

i am also thankful for all of you guys, you motivate me just by being here, it says more than you will ever know. I am most thankful for my DMB teammates, the heart and soul of this team are closer than people who have only known each other for a few months usually are. Is the DMB that much of a common thread? Hell, IDK, I really don't consider myself that big a fan of DMB. (Someone please call 911 for my teammates) What draws me to them is a lot like my teammate has already said. I am in awe of all of my teammates, but the core bunch are amazing!

Again, congratulations and keep up the awesomeness!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    *tear*

I have the best team mates ever! Team DMB you all make me smile every day! Thank you all fr just being you!!

Everyone else, you al rock as well! Everyone is doing so flippin awesome! Let's all raise the bar and do it double next week!!!!
  • TDGee
    *tear*

I have the best team mates ever! Team DMB you all make me smile every day! Thank you all fr just being you!!

Everyone else, you al rock as well! Everyone is doing so flippin awesome! Let's all raise the bar and do it double next week!!!!

I LOVE it when you talk dirty. RAWWRRRRR!!!smiley-excited002.gif
  • Hey guys
    thanks for welcoming me to your rock star challenge and a thanks to my daughter for making me ask for TEAM PARAMORE hehe.
    Look forward to losing with you all :flowerforyou:
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    I am currently now enrolled in 2 challenges!!! If this is not motivation for me to lose weight then I am in the wrong place! :) Thanks for inviting me to join your challenge. Can't wait!!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    I am currently now enrolled in 2 challenges!!! If this is not motivation for me to lose weight then I am in the wrong place! :) Thanks for inviting me to join your challenge. Can't wait!!!
    welcome! We are glad to have you in our challenge!
  • b00b0084
    Hey guys
    thanks for welcoming me to your rock star challenge and a thanks to my daughter for making me ask for TEAM PARAMORE hehe.
    Look forward to losing with you all :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to my team!
  • b00b0084

Great job Rock Stars of the week!!! I hope that I can kick enough butt before this challenge is over to be in yellow highlights!
    same here!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member

I LOVE it when you talk dirty. RAWWRRRRR!!!smiley-excited002.gif

anything for you Ted-O!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    I agree that this challenge has helped motivate me a lot more than some other challenges I have been invloved in.
    We should keep this as an ongoing challenge because I have a lot more weight to lose!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    This has been the longest day at work. I am in total eat the world hunger mode. I have managed to keep my deit clean, but it is torturous in it's application. I know I am not starving and I don't need the junk, but my body seems to be craving it. Drink more water, I guess. LOL.

I am really more worried how this long weekend is going to affect me. It's a three day weekend for most people and I actually have friday off as well. So, now I have a four day weekend to try and fend off all the perils of bbq's and picnics and parties. Of course we will be attending at least one or two events. I am going to try and do my best not to totally lose my mind this weekend, but I am sure I will find myself eating some pulled prk or a rib or hotdog, it' just bound to happen. I have promised myself that I won't drink any beer. Such empty calories, I will not allow myself to do it.

So, There is my delima, but I pan on having lots of fun without food, if possible. what is everyone else doing this weekend? Any big parties, BBQ's or other events? How do you plan on handling your food?

Oh this past weekend was a little rough. Did a mini weekend trip with the wife and stopped of at Buc-ees, for those of you who know. I ended up with a bag of beaver nuggets and macadamie popcorn. It took the wife and I three days to eat it, which is rationing it out pretty well.

I may need a lifeline or two this weekend, I need a food sponsor.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    This has been the longest day at work. I am in total eat the world hunger mode. I have managed to keep my deit clean, but it is torturous in it's application. I know I am not starving and I don't need the junk, but my body seems to be craving it. Drink more water, I guess. LOL.

I am really more worried how this long weekend is going to affect me. It's a three day weekend for most people and I actually have friday off as well. So, now I have a four day weekend to try and fend off all the perils of bbq's and picnics and parties. Of course we will be attending at least one or two events. I am going to try and do my best not to totally lose my mind this weekend, but I am sure I will find myself eating some pulled prk or a rib or hotdog, it' just bound to happen. I have promised myself that I won't drink any beer. Such empty calories, I will not allow myself to do it.

So, There is my delima, but I pan on having lots of fun without food, if possible. what is everyone else doing this weekend? Any big parties, BBQ's or other events? How do you plan on handling your food?

Oh this past weekend was a little rough. Did a mini weekend trip with the wife and stopped of at Buc-ees, for those of you who know. I ended up with a bag of beaver nuggets and macadamie popcorn. It took the wife and I three days to eat it, which is rationing it out pretty well.

I think you should copy and paste your post into a new thread. I'm going to need help this weekend too and it would be great if those of us in the same boat could support each other. I have a 4-day weekend as well. Yesterday, I had an eat-the-world day. Today I'm a bit better but I"m afraid, very afraid of what the weekend will bring. Let's support each other.

Ro
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Come on Party Rockers!
    Let's step this up!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    WOOOHOO TEam Paramore! And Big Congrats to leamatthew and XxXstars9967XxX Keep up the good work!

Welcome new members of the Foo(d) Fighters!!!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member

i know the feeling, my friend! sometimes i feel like i need to belong to a support group and have a sponsor who, when times like this am happen I can call up or text to talk me down. lol...got to clinical and was BEYOND tired....(fot 3 hours of sleep last night)....and my patient was a train wreck. took a 5 minute break and ate not only my fiber one bar...but ALSO ate a 3 musketeers truffle crisp. ughhh...170 empty calories. I still managed to stay under somehow... but ugh. I wish we all lived closer! Then we could have an MFP holiday bbq...and eat healthy and play sports.,, and have water drinking competitions!!!!

Hope everyones having a good day...I have to go prepare a presentation of COPD and vocal cord dysfunction. WOO. hopefully y'all have a better night planned than I do!!
    I AM watching little fockers while doing this with the hubby tho!!
  • TDGee
    I am manning the grill starting tomorrow, I've got country style ribs for my oldest son's birthday. Other than that, I'll be cooking boneless skinless chicken, zucchini and asparagus. Trying really hard not to cook a butt load of hotdogs that will call my name later. I'm going to honor the holiday, but I will be trying to make good choices when it comes to eating. Behavior is another thing entirely though. I do not need alcohol to have fun, I'm Daffy Duck effin' crazy anyway! I will be here for all of you for support if you need me. And if anyone needs to contact me, send me an email, I will get back to you! If you end up falling off of the wagon and getting dragged for several miles under it this weekend, I will tell you to get up, dust yourself off and move forward. And then I may make fart sounds or tell a dik joke. We will have to see....smiley-scared001.gif

Love to you all!! Keep fighting the good fight. You are ALL rock Stars!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Today was a terrible, awful, no good, very bad day. The school year is wrapping up, and we 16 teachers moving rooms this year. I've spent my whole day tearing rooms apart and putting things into boxes. Food choices were horrendous. The principal informed us that we would have treats in the lounge from now until next Tuesday. I eat lunch in the lounge because I'm a para this year and not a teacher so I try so hard to refrain from eating everything in sight. While I didn't pick the brownies or the cookies, I did succumb to the pressure of bagel dip calling my name. Not to mention, we were treated with Pizza Ranch and had cake at our staff appreciation. By the time I got home, I had 139 calories left for the day and no supper. I'm going to zumba tonight, but I'll still be over on calories.

These last two months something's been different. I've been bottomless. I've been eating so many vegetables ( like cups at a time) and literally not 30 minutes later, I feel like I haven't eaten in hours. Right now, I ate half an hour ago, STARVING. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm really not sure what to do about it! Any suggestions?
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Congrats Team Paramore for an awesome week, and to all the other teams for your hard work,

Welcome Amgoding and Jonieb to Team Drop It Like It's Hot (DILIH). You've got some great team mates to help cheer you on. To my fellow teamsters, another great week, congrats on all of your achievements.

"Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
    Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold" - Smashmouth "ALL STAR"
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Congrats to all the losers that won this week.

:-)
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Congrats Team Paramore for the awesome lossage!!! Keep it up...and congrats to all those that dropped pounds this week. Let's go hard this week!!! We're all gonna be soooo damn hot this summer! I love this challenge!!:happy: