Rock Star Weight Loss Challenge Week 4 (Already in Progress)

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    mandijo- I say just keep eating the veggies in large (extra large!) quantities. Then, even if you go over, it will be with nutritious things. Or try eating more protein, that might keep you full longer. Or try air popped popcorn - not bad calorie wise, but it always fills me up because it takes up so much room in my stomach! Keep trying, it will get better!!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Congrats Team Paramore for an awesome week, and to all the other teams for your hard work,

Welcome Amgoding and Jonieb to Team Drop It Like It's Hot (DILIH). You've got some great team mates to help cheer you on. To my fellow teamsters, another great week, congrats on all of your achievements.

"Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
    Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold" - Smashmouth "ALL STAR"

Thanks, Captain! Way to motivate.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    madijo-- try uping your fiber and decreasing your fat and sodium. Fiber helps us stay fuller, longer. Goo things are...kashi go lean fiber twigs and puffed rice, natural rolled oats, greek yogurt, etc! Vegetables are good, but are not always filling. Especially if youre eating a lot of lettuce, which is mainly water. Your fiber should be about double what they say it should be on MFP.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Thanks Becca and humblemonkey--I need to find filling snacks. and keep them with me. Any ideas for on the go snacks that I can keep with me?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    I I'm Daffy Duck effin' crazy anyway! I will be here for all of you for support if you need me. And if anyone needs to contact me, send me an email, I will get back to you! If you end up falling off of the wagon and getting dragged for several miles under it this weekend, I will tell you to get up, dust yourself off and move forward. And then I may make fart sounds or tell a dik joke. We will have to see....smiley-scared001.gif

Love to you all!! Keep fighting the good fight. You are ALL rock Stars!

Could you PLEASE make fart sounds for me- laughing burns calories right?
  • humblemonkey
    Thanks Becca and humblemonkey--I need to find filling snacks. and keep them with me. Any ideas for on the go snacks that I can keep with me?

fiber one 90 calories bars, kashi cereal (its good dry, too! and very high fiber!), Froose fruit snacks, ummm...
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Ted, Laina, Shawn, Team DMB, and everyone else as well...

You are all amazing! No matter what any of our weigh in results are each Monday, we are all rockstars because we are working hard to better ourselves, and in the process we are helping to better each other as well. And that makes all of you amazing, period. This has been one of the best challenges I've participated in so far, because you all make it so much fun and worth coming back to ever day!
    Ted, Shawn, and Laina,allow me to be mushy for a moment, you 3 have been SO FREAKIN INCREDBLE! I truely adore all of you and feel so blessed to have found you 3 on this site!

With that being said... LETS GO TAM DMB! Rock it this week like I know you all can!!! woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member

You are all amazing! No matter what any of our weigh in results are each Monday, we are all rockstars because we are working hard to better ourselves, and in the process we are helping to better each other as well. And that makes all of you amazing, period. This has been one of the best challenges I've participated in so far, because you all make it so much fun and worth coming back to ever day!
    Ted, Shawn, and Laina,allow me to be mushy for a moment, you 3 have been SO FREAKIN INCREDBLE! I truely adore all of you and feel so blessed to have found you 3 on this site!

With that being said... LETS GO TAM DMB! Rock it this week like I know you all can!!! woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww... sniffle sniffle.. I am choklng back the tears.. I a promised myself I wouldn't cry... whoaaaa OK.. I am composed now.

Thank you Tami. You are absolutley wonderful yourself. I love you guys like a fat kid loves cake! I can always count on you three to be there for me with a helping hand, kind word, term of endearment or a good laugh. Funny how four people spanning from new NY to Louisiana, through Texas and all the way to Cali can all come together like we all live in the same neighborhood.

I love this challenge, all of the MFP community, the Rockstars here, along with Team DMB, and I thank each and everyone of you for the wondeful support and knowledge you all bring to this site.

~ Shawn
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    [/quote]
    Could you PLEASE make fart sounds for me- laughing burns calories right?
    [/quote]

As requested and because my teammates are making me feel all squishy inside. smiley-fart004.gifsmiley-fart001.gif

I love you guys!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Checking in for the 2nd string of team DMB tonight. i'm posting the weigh in early in the morning but will have little time then.....out of state wedding weekend means spending time with the 200++++ each family members, sigh for the *diet*. But i'm more dreading being around family who smoke. i quit 2 months ago...but this will be the first time i have been around smokers since. Quite honestly, i'm thinking of staying home, my dH (my rock-who cannot go), thinks i will be ok though.

Actually, i think i might get at least even on this weigh in instead of a gain if the prelim counts:wink: . Not expecting a loss, but i changed the exercise this week and the scale stopped going up anyway.
  • humblemonkey

Awww... sniffle sniffle.. I am choklng back the tears.. I a promised myself I wouldn't cry... whoaaaa OK.. I am composed now.

Thank you Tami. You are absolutley wonderful yourself. I love you guys like a fat kid loves cake! I can always count on you three to be there for me with a helping hand, kind word, term of endearment or a good laugh. Funny how four people spanning from new NY to Louisiana, through Texas and all the way to Cali can all come together like we all live in the same neighborhood.

I love this challenge, all of the MFP community, the Rockstars here, along with Team DMB, and I thank each and everyone of you for the wondeful support and knowledge you all bring to this site.

~ Shawn

awwww...if the storms whisk me away tonight however, Im going to blame you guys for pushing me to lose weight-- i mean...any extra pound that could help hold me to the ground might be beneficial at this point since theyre calling for 70mph winds!!!!! and im home alone for the night :o( Gonna do some online class stuff then go to bed!! Hope everyone has had/is having a good week and that those of you who weigh in saturday have a smile on when you see that number!! Im sure ill be on tomorrow. unless, as i said- i get taken in the storm.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Congratulations everyone. You are all winners! :happy:
  • managed to get the the gym both last night and tues for the first time in 3 weeks so hoping that would give me a bit of a boost again...see what sunday brings.
    Hope everyone else is doing well :flowerforyou:

TEAM PARAMORE!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Team DMB- early weigh in 204.

Have a nice holiday weekend and good luck to Team dMB and the rest1:smile:
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Another early weigh in for Team DMB. Going away this weekend and won't see a scale until Tuesday.

Stayed the same at 161. Not too bad for TOM.
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    I am checking in early as I am headed on vacation. It was a maintain for me at 292.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Weighing in early for Foo(d) Fighters! Very proud of myself this week! 5 pounds down! Current weight 233!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Hey Rockers!
    Hope everyone has been have an awesome week and is gonna rock out this weekend.
    Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days, trying to get into the swing of my new job, while getting re-certified for my old job. bleh!
    Anywho...
    I've been talking to some of the team captain and some of them would like some help in their position. Is anyone willing to be the new team captain for Team Black Eyed Peas?
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member

beckey24 said

I am checking in early as I am headed on vacation. It was a maintain for me at 292.

Hope you have a great vacation. Rock on
  • humblemonkey
    Weighing in @ 142.0!! Will post total team monday!