Help me find the courage (B&A pics)

Options
Mama2memphis
Mama2memphis Posts: 21 Member
Hello all!
I for one love to look at other before & after pictures. They always inspire me to keep moving forward! I'm so happy that I can finally post my own. I went from a lazy 205 pound couch potato to a 135 pound fitness nut in less than a year. So here's my dilema:

I can't bring myself to throw away my "fat" clothes! I know I never EVER want to wear them, so why can't I just get rid of them?!

Before September 2009 (I had a hard time finding a before picture since I would hide from the camera)
2009_08280045-1.jpg
After May 2011
2011_04220462-1.jpg

Replies

• Mama2memphis
    Options
    Anyone know how to get my pictures to show?
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Change IMG to img.

You look great! You must be tall because to me you look like you weigh less than 135. I mean that in a good way :)
  • Mama2memphis
    Options
    Thanks! I'm 5' 7'' So definetly not short! haha
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing!! GREAT WORK!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Wow...Bravo girlie you look good!!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Well you did an amazing job and you look smokin' hot ;) I love before & after pictures, so inspiring!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congrats! You look like a whole new person!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Definitely inspiring for me!
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Great Job!
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i'm learning how to sew. So I can turn all my "fat clothes" into cute outfits for my little girl. And once I learn enough technique and creativity, maybe make something new out of the old for myself.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh you inspire me so much! I'm 210lbs right now and seeing your after pic really gives me the motivation to keep going.
    May I ask how long it took you to get to your goal weight?

Btw wonderful job!!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look super! Don't throw them away, help someone else who could use them and that will make it easier. Go through freecycle, maybe you know someone personally, a homeless shelter kind of thing, or see if one of your MFP friends could use them. That's what I'm going to do with my old winter clothes next year. My MFP friends have helped me lose this weight maybe I can help one of them with my old clothes to help get them through that size:)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!

I agree! I gave away ALL my plus size clothes!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! You must be so pleased with yourself! :happy:
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! My starting weight was 208 and my goal is to be 135 or 140. Its nice to see someone who has accompished the goal that I have!! Congrats!!! You give people the motivation to continue on. What are some of your tips or tricks?
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look Great!

Donate them to a local shelter or church and help someone in need out.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic. Selling your clothes on ebay might help you part with them.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Donate your clothes to maybe someone who is just reaching size 18...I think you will feel better giving them away knowing they will go to a good cause another great place is to donate directly to Battered Women Shelters...a lot of teen girls end up in those places with nothing but the clothes on their back....dont throw them away...your ratty old jeans may be someone elses next outfit.....good job on your success
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!