Help me find the courage (B&A pics)

Options

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Donate the clothes. Gets them out of your house so you don't have them to grow into and also helps someone else.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Look at how confident you look in the second pic! You look great. Chuck your fat clothes! I did!
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Awesome job! I love getting rid of my "fat clothes," it's my way of telling myself I can "never go back," because if I did I would have nothing to wear!
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My jaw hit the floor!!!! What a fantastic transformation! Well done!

Like you, I really didn't want to part with my 'old, fat wardrobe' - but I realised that I had to so that I could get rid of my old, lazy life and start to move on! Although I have kept 1 pair of trousers and 1 pair of jeans, just so I can see how far I've come. As I had to buy a whole new wardrobe each time I dropped a dress size, (which didn't please my husband!!! Was costing him a fortune!!) I decided that I would sell all of my 'larger' clothes on ebay. Many of them were still brand new with tags still on and never been worn! Overall, I have made over $2000 by selling all of them. I don't feel guilty now having to buy new clothes in smaller sizes and my hubby can't complain that it's costing him money now either!!! Any bits that I had that didn't sell, or I didn't think were quite good enough to sell I gave to the Salvation Army/Red Cross. Everyone wins all round!!

Whether you decide to sell your old clothes or donate them, definately get rid of them - you won't then slip back into them without realising in the future!

Well done - you've done an amazing job and should be so very proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    woohoo!! You did it! and Y:flowerforyou: u look awesome! Congrats!
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    Oh you inspire me so much! I'm 210lbs right now and seeing your after pic really gives me the motivation to keep going.
    May I ask how long it took you to get to your goal weight?

Btw wonderful job!!!

Amazing transformation! My starting weight was 220... currently 190... goal is 150... maybe more maybe less idk untill I get there! Lol
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Way to go!! ALSO....donate the fat clothes! You don't and will never need them again!!
  • iarookie
    iarookie Posts: 140
    Options
    You look great! Have a "ceremony" and burn those suckers- or at least some and donate the rest. No turning back!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous! Give the clothes away, you'll feel great for more than one reason.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!!! I'm the same height as you and my GW is 145-150, can't wait to see my after pictures!!
  • Mama2memphis
    Mama2memphis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank-you everyone! I did not expect to get so much feedback.
    How I did it:
    I Changed my entire lifestyle. I never did anything for activity, I ate whatever I wanted when ever I wanted. Not to mention HUGE portions. I could easily polish off a box and then some of KD in one sitting. Not the healthiest. I Founf MFP a few months after my son was born. But I was busy with wedding palns & whatever other excuse I could come up with. I managed to lose 20 pounds for my wedding in July. My dress was actually a little bit too big!
    After that I had nothing to focus my time & enegery. (I was a Stay at home mom) I kicked it into highgear and started hitting the treadmill daily! When I started I couldn't run more than 30 seconds at a time. But with each day it got easier & with the help of MFP I was keeping track of what I put into my body. I can't say that I eat super healthy b/c I still enjoy my KD! haha. But I stay within my calerie limit. My Hubsband and I were having trouble getting our bills paid, so I went back to work in January of this year, & It took me about a month to figure out that I needed to MAKE time for mysef to get the workouts in. Luckily with me working out on a military base I see oodles of super fit people on a daily basis. I also get a free membership to the gym here. So I Love to take advantage of that! I still don't even reconize my self in pictures or if I see my reflection in a window or a mirror. It's crazy! I feel so proud to have accomplished my goal. (I honestly never EVER thought I'd do it.)
    Some tips:
    I cut out all juice, pop & sugary drinks, I drink only water & tea. I do have a coffee every mornng. It's one thng I haven't been able to part ways with yet!
    I swithced anything white to whole wheat, expcet pasta & rice. I do not enjoy the taste & can't bring my self to learn to like it. I tried, I swear!
    I cut out alot of fast food & proccessed food. But liek I said I still enjoy my KD! haha.
    I make sure I get my fruit & veggies everyday. Something I never did before!
    Fiber, Fiber, Fiber! It's my BFF!

Thanks again everyone for all your kind words, I'm going to have to see where I can donate those awful clothes!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! maybe sell your clothes on craigslist/ebay ;)
  • asmith74
    asmith74 Posts: 12
    Options
    You look GREAT! You have just upped my motivation. I have a similiar starting weight with a similiar finishing goal weight. I have lost 12 pounds so far in about 4 weeks (I know the beginning weight comes off faster) I am so motivated to reach that goal now after seeing your pictures. Congratulations!!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!

I agree! I gave away ALL my plus size clothes!

I agree, too.. If there's something you really love, maybe you can take it to get it tailored! If there's nothing you really love, it's just a security blanket that you don't need anymore! xoxo
  • Morfein
    Morfein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! What a transformation!
  • Omoge25
    Omoge25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. Okay I'll act like a mom now, go get your fat clothes and put them in your car to give to goodwill or something.
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you look totally beautiful. What an amazing transformation.

Do it, get those clothes out of your life. I'd keep a pair of the biggest size in the wardrobe just to remind me of where I was and how far I had come but the rest, you have no need/use for them.
  • ttandjg
    ttandjg Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow you look great! Good for you : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!