What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump!

Wow! Some really great looking and sounding food choices here. There are many things that I would like to try making.

It is really good to "see" everyday foods/recipes made by 'regular' people. It says: "yes! you too can really make this". I'm excited to give these recipes a try!

THANX!!!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am in no way trying to be disrespectful or ignorant... but I looked through this entire feed and only saw a couple things I would eat. Am I that picky? Perhaps it's b/c the foods I've been raised on weren't the healthiest and that pattern has lead me to where I am now.... hmmm.. :-/ Disappointing. Thanks for the awesome topic though and all the pics and ideas ~ it was enlightening! :)

I think this is a great case in point...a great comment. Many people have never cooked, do not know what real food (food made at home from scratch) looks like. They have been fast food eaters and never threw meals together.

Many people are 2 generations of no-cooks. It has got to be a lot harder to transition to eating well, cooking at home, being creative with ideas for meals that fit your diet.

I for one forget that not everyone loves cooking or were not taught to make meals.

It is easy to learn though. And cheaper and better for you!

just an observation and not a put down. I think it is a lot easier to control your intake and make more food with less calories & sodium attached if you know how to cook a variety of foods.:smile:

This is my problem exactly! I come from a family of cooks, I was raised w/everything cooked with flavor, spices, herbs, etc (lots/most from scratch) Not that is was healthy, lots of home *country* cooking ;)

But, My husband came from a boxed dinner family. So he HATES real food and flavors. It makes it SO difficult to make good things!! And he craves salt like NO Tomorrow!

I actually prefer things bland or spiced w/o salt, but he can't let it go.

Any suggestions? (We both have weight we need to loose)

And I'm sure several of you on here are PROFESSIONAL CHEFS, some of the dishes look amazing!!! =D
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here's today's breakfast: Protein Pancakes - approx 300 calories (41g carbs/24g prot/4 g fat):

proteinpancakes.jpg
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When people realise that I am on a "diet" they always want to put their 2 cents in, Mianly they say portion control, get a small plate cut it in half...etc...

But i love the maximum food for mininmum calories..I think I need to trick my eye... I think to myself 'nuvia you little pig look at all this food yummers' ....but its all meals that wont go over 350 calories...

I love it!!!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I started using a small plate cuz when I put a salad on there man it looks huge!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    bump
  • ccbloom1
    Options
    Yep, we only eat on "lunch" plates in our house :)
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh my.....all these foods look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was a good cook...altho I do make some killer omelettes ;)
  • lilygirl2468
    Options
    Thanks so much for the pics and great meal ideas everyone!
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Checkin this out later.
    Great pics btw :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I have those same plates too! Your breakfast looked delicious, btw.
  • ccbloom1
    Options

Thank you re: my breakfast! I love those plates, too! My MIL gave me a whole set that was her MIL's. I couldn't understand why nobody wanted them. They are the perfect size, thin, and they fit in the dishwasher so easily. I have a ton of them!
  • ccbloom1
    Options
    And another for today: Shrimp Salad (approx 250 cals):

shrimpsalad.jpg
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Thank you re: my breakfast! I love those plates, too! My MIL gave me a whole set that was her MIL's. I couldn't understand why nobody wanted them. They are the perfect size, thin, and they fit in the dishwasher so easily. I have a ton of them!

Mine belonged to my great-grandparents! They must be antiques! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    photo-26.jpg
    Super basic - soup and salad. Not pictured, my tea and pineapple. 247 calories total.

Earthbound Farms Organic - Spring Mix Salad, 3 oz. 15 1 3 0 0 65
    Mezzetta - Deli Sliced Golden Greek Pepperocini, 6 pieces 5 0 1 0 0 195
    Lucerne - Feta Cheese, Crumbled, 1/8 cup (28g) 40 3 0 3 0 160
    Cucumber Whole - Medium Peeled Raw, 0.5 (201.0g) 12 1 2 0 1 2
    Newman's Own Light Balsamic Viniaigrette - Lighten Up Salad Dressing, 2 Tbsp (30g) 45 0 2 4 2 390
    Bigelow - French Vanilla Tea, 1 tea bag 0 0 1 0 0 0
    Safeway Select - Peppermint Herbal Tea, 1 Bag 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Produce - Tomato (Medium) Slices, 2 Medium Slice 8 0 2 0 1 2
    Pacific Natural Foods - Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, 1 cup 110 5 16 2 12 720
    Fresh - Pineapple , 1/8 cup diced 12 0 3 0 2 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 247 10 30 9 18 1,534

Order or macros: protein, carbs, fat, sugar, sodium
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    photo-27.jpg

Baked chicken with mashed cauliflower (aka "fauxtatoes"), steamed string beans and kale. Roughly 460 calories. Note - this plate wasn't measured, just eyeballed. Accuracy could be off....

Generic - Fresh Green Beans, Steamed, 1 cup 44 2 10 0 2 0
    Kale - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.5 cup, chopped 18 1 4 0 1 15
    Fauxtatoes, 1.5 serving 157 6 10 11 5 179
    Rbt - Rosemary-Garlic Baked Chicken, 5 oz 181 25 2 8 0 258
    Shedd's Spread - Country Crock Margarine, 1 tbsp 60 0 0 7 0 100
    Add Food Quick Tools 460 34 26 26 8 552

Macros, same order as previous entry.
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is pretty simple - Grilled Chicken Breast on a 100% Whole Wheat Bun w/ a slice of Pepperjack cheese and yummmy strawberries!!

yummmm.jpg