What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I might try these tomorrow, my only worry is jamming up the blender. How high of a setting do you blend
    with? What is the consistency before cooking? Thanks for the help!
    [quote
    Here's today's breakfast: Protein Pancakes - approx 300 calories (41g carbs/24g prot/4 g fat):

proteinpancakes.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for protein pancakes?

Sure thing! This makes one serving:

3 Egg Whites
    1/2 cup oats (uncooked)
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    vanilla and cinnamon to taste
    1/8 tsp of baking powder

Combine it all in a blender and cook/top as you would regular pancakes. I usually add about 3/8 cup of oats at first and blend. Then, depending on the consistency, I'll add the other 1/8 cup if needed.

My calorie count included the strawberries. Also, to bump the protein a little more, you could add 1/2 scoop protein powder instead of the extra oats, but then there's always the issue of heating protein powder. The macros are close enough to 40/40/20 for me.

Enjoy!
    [/quote]
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Added a bit of Spinach into the mix too, but this is lush. I had about 3 quarters of it
    chicken-stir-fry-1308129836.jpg
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Added a bit of Spinach into the mix too, but this is lush. I had about 3 quarters of it
    chicken-stir-fry-1308129836.jpg

This looks just like something that I would make for a quick lunch (I am lucky enough to come home from work every day for lunch). These days, I would probably leave out the noodles to cut calories and add mushrooms and some sort of hot pepper, depending on what was in the fridge. Gotta love the multicolored bell peppers...they are a staple in my house! I never list spices in my diary, but this one makes me think of ginger.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't jam your blender. I make them in the vitamix now, but years ago, I had a $30 blender and never had any problems with it. The consistency is a little thinner than regular pancake batter, not chunky but pretty smooth. I used to always make oat flour from regular oats in my old blender without issues, too. Oh, and I start on a low-medium and go up to medium-high. Good luck and let us know if you try them out!
    I might try these tomorrow, my only worry is jamming up the blender. How high of a setting do you blend
    with? What is the consistency before cooking? Thanks for the help!
    [quote
    Here's today's breakfast: Protein Pancakes - approx 300 calories (41g carbs/24g prot/4 g fat):

proteinpancakes.jpg
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great topic! Now I'm hungry again!LOL.
  • waascal
    waascal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been a non-member just coming to the site to read the message boards for two weeks. I've gotten so hooked on this thread, that I've finally joined. Seeing these healthy meals is inspirational! Thank you to everyone who takes time to post photos and recipes!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Lunch - Turkey Sandwich, veggie flax chips, and half of a Pink lady apple 320 Calories
    lunch1.jpg

Dinner - Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia, Garlic and Mushroom Brown Rice, Grilled Pineapple, and Mel's fruity salad :) (spinach, romaine, mandarin oranges and raspberries using some of the light syrup from the oranges as dressing) 260 Calories
    DSCN2207.jpg

This both look so pretty and yummy!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options

proteinpancakes.jpg

Can you please pass me this receipe?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Cheese!!! I just made a leftover wrap for me and my daughter, and my meal was 375.. I normally try to keep my lunch around 350 before my drink, so today I had a sweet tea with splenda (not my fav). dang cheese!!! :) Will post some pics after dinner...still trying to figure out what to make :)
  • MelMoly
    Options

proteinpancakes.jpg

Can you please pass me this receipe?

Me Too!!!
  • MelMoly
    Options
    Thanks the fish kinda stuck to the grill, and I was just craving grilled pineapple so that was a last min add :) I love grilled food in the summer :)
  • ccbloom1
    Options
    Protein pancake recipe is on page 16 :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes:
    Thanks for the help with the recipe. I made them this morning and, being new to the protein pancake scene, didn't know what to expect. The first one came out super thin and flat (for some reason this always happens when I make pancakes) - the second was thicker and fluffier looking.

Taste: interesting! Definitely an "eggy" taste. Is this how it's supposed to turn out? I didn't mind it but was surprised. Texture was sort of spongy, again, with an "eggy" feel. Topped with raspberries, but if I make in the future, will be on the lookout for a low calorie pancake syrup... (or I guess I could try some sugar free fruit preserves. ) I believe it WILL keep me full this morning, which is why I tried them.... needed something hearty to tide me over until lunch today.

I could see these becoming a substitution for regular pancakes now that I know what to expect. I LOVE pancakes but don't feel too great after eating them... shouldn't be a problem with these.

Thanks again for the intro!

Looks like my breakfast (with coffee/creamer) was 320 calories.

Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp 6 0 2 0 0 1
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, decaffeinated, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 0 0 0 0 0 5
    Natra Taste - Zero Calorie Sweetener, 1 packet 0 0 1 0 0 0
    Kroger Brand - Lite Powdered Coffee Creamer, 3 teaspoon 30 0 6 0 0 0
    Oats - Quaker Old Fashioned - Oatmeal , 1/2 cup dry 150 5 27 3 1 0
    Viva - Cottage Cheese Small Curd Low Fat (2%), 0.25 Cup 45 7 3 1 2 210
    Egg White - Large, Generic, 3 large egg white 48 21 1 0 1 165
    Driscoll's - Fresh Raspberries *Corrected, 0.25 cup 15 0 0 0 0 0
    Vanilla extract, 0.5 tsp 6 0 0 0 0 0
    Shedd's Spread Country Crock - Regular Soft Margarine, 0.33 TBSP 20 0 0 2 0 36
    Add Food Quick Tools 320 33 40 6 4 417
  • ccbloom1
    Options
    Yes, they will probably take some getting used to. You can play with the amounts, too. Maybe try 2 egg whites or even add 1 TBS of whole wheat flour to make the batter less runny. I've been making them for a while, so I don't even notice how "odd" they may be, but you're right, they're is definitely an eggy/spongy quality to them.

Last night I combined 1.5 cups of cottage cheese with 1 pkg of sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix in the blender (I'm not a huge fan of non-foods, but a little isn't going to kill me). I thinned it out with a bit of almond milk and let it set overnight. I used a couple TBS to top my pancakes this morning:

proteinpancakes2.jpg
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    BUMP YUM!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Last night I combined 1.5 cups of cottage cheese with 1 pkg of sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix in the blender (I'm not a huge fan of non-foods, but a little isn't going to kill me). I thinned it out with a bit of almond milk and let it set overnight. I used a couple TBS to top my pancakes this morning:

Going to try that :) I love my cottage cheese so I'd probably just eat the pudding hehe.
  • ccbloom1
    Options

Going to try that :) I love my cottage cheese so I'd probably just eat the pudding hehe.

It's awesome as a fruit dip too!
  • kkellam1
    Options
    My weakness is Cheese!!! I just made a leftover wrap for me and my daughter, and my meal was 375.. I normally try to keep my lunch around 350 before my drink, so today I had a sweet tea with splenda (not my fav). dang cheese!!! :) Will post some pics after dinner...still trying to figure out what to make :)

That's funny. I, too, love cheese, but since Feb 9 (my start day) I have had a total of about 1 cup of shredded non-fat cheese and I have had nothing to drink except water and iced tea with sweet'n'low. I was weaned on Mountain Dew, so those first few weeks were hard but now I am not even tempted to drink anything but those two things. I do kind of salivate when I watch my family break out the "real" cheese and pepperoni for a snack!
  • kkellam1
    Options
    I've been packing and getting ready for a vacation, so most of my meals lately have been soup and salad. Lot's of homemade soup in the fridge that needs to be gone before I leave. In fact, I have been trying to let the groceries run out also. I really don't want to come home to a bunch of things to throw out.

Does any one else here make soups? I haven't posted pics of those because they don't that exciting visually. Maybe I will start, though. I tend to make a batch once a week. I find it's a convenient way to have a low-cal meal item that I can completely control what's in. For me, it's a great way to pack in a load of veggies and keep the calorie count down. Having preportioned soups in the fridge makes a healthy alternative be only a microwave minute or two away.

I leave on vacation Friday for week with three other families. The challenge for me is that in all 4 families there is at least one person who loves to cook. So we tend to eat like kings for breakfast and again in the evenings after we get off the lake. We rotate cooking duties daily, so I will need to cook not only for myself (healthy and light) but for 11 other people with big appetites. Typically we seem to try to outdo each other. I just hope I can provide them a meal that they will enjoy (and I can eat) and that they serve something that I can participate in. I am determined to not stray too far from my goals during this week...though I may loosen up and drink some. :drinker:

Suggestions?
  • kkellam1
    Options
    294Calories_Page_1.jpg