Another round of 30 day shred who is in starting monday may

Options

Replies

• MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3...complete! I hate the jump rope and the side lunges with the arms up thing in front the worst....oh and those damn bicycle crunches. man...I DREAD those! :sad: :mad: They are killing me, but I know that it will be worth it!

I am also walking atleast once a day for 30 minute, walking again at night, or swimming. I am working towards a goal of losing 40 pounds over the next 2 months (that way I can make it to 100 pounds lost in 1 year!), because I am a teacher and it is my summer break. I've been doing great so far, and adding this challenge is really helping me stay focused!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got it done, it seems to be getting easier every time, what size of weights does everyone use????
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Level1Day4 complete
    Woohoo!!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! It'd getting easier now but i still don't like it though lol

Pammie- I'm using 2.5lb weights but feel I could do with something a bit heavier
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    morning! Here is a quote that I read this morning from another thread..."The goal is to be physically smaller, not just lighter." I love this quote because I have a love/hate relationship with the scale due to the fact that it refuses to budge, at the same time I am noticing my body becoming more tone and my clothes becoming too big so I know what I'm doing is right even if the scale doesn't! so take that scale!
    Have an awesome day!
    :D
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I managed to sneak in L1D3 last night while DD was in the shower. Yeah! We were exhausted from the thunderstorms and watching the Bruins so I skipped this AM. Working from home today so I'll try to get D4 in later. I feel much better today. I still have some killer knots in my neck/shoulder but my legs feel better.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    I am on day 3 today. I will do it when I get home from work. So far so good. May arms and legs are in pain but I am sure that will be gone by tomorrow. :) Have fun.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! I think it is getting a little easier! Yay!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to do my shred on 6/1....
    Issues @ home
    back on track today:)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Didn't post on the board here for day 2 and 3, but they are done :smile: Now for day 4 today! Phew..sore, but it's worth it.

Personal question here, but what muscles are the most sore for you? For me it's the muscle on the backs & sides of my thighs, and my chest muscle near my armpit.

@ Pammie 1000, I'm using 5lbs weights for the shred. I tried 2.5 the first time I did it, but most of the moves I felt were to easy with them, so I upped it to 5lbs and that is definitely my limit.
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pammie-i use 3 lbs weights

MrsRazor7 -you can do it -u are doing great , everyone here is doing great AWESOME.

mishamae ---5 lbs -U GO GIRL

DAY 4-done
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got it done today, switched from 2lb to 4lb weights, The 2 lbs were too easy, I'm still really dreading level 2! :noway:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 level 1 and then started my Zumba fitness dvd right after because i was still pumped and ready for more! And that i am bored with Jillian now. My 6 year old son did it with me today, he used soup cans and was crazy pumping, i hope he is not going to be sore tomorrow! I switched back to the 5lb weigths becsaue the soup cans are too light and i wasnt feeling the burn.
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Day 4 done. My body is basically refusing to do one more jumping jack. Everything else seems to be getting a little bit easier, but those jumping jacks!! They are killing me! If she tells me one more time how 400 pound people do jumping jacks I am going to scream! (guess that will be tomorrow) But, seriously. They really suck.
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 Done! And today was hard for me! I think it was because I did 30 minutes on the eliptical earlier. And I tried listening to music instead of Jillian, but my 4 year was really upset and said that I was doing it wrong. And he wouldn't stop talking and yelling about it until I turned the music off! Once the music was off and Jillian was talking again, he was on the ground doing push-ups with me:happy: , but the best part is when he tell me, "good job mommy".

We are all doing awesome!!! Keep up the hard work!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Made it through tonight, but it was damn hard!!!! I'm exhausted:ohwell:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am gonna be off the rails for a little while. My husband and I are heading to Nashville for the CMA music festival. We leave on Sunday. Sooo that is going to make me a little behind everyone else. But as soon as I get back I will be right back to the 30day shred. I am going to use the hotels elliptical so I will still be working on my fitness.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Since i started this workout 5 days ago the scale has bumped me up 4 lbs... I replaced it with what i used to do which was walking and working out on the bowflex, which was so easy and i lost 6 lbs doing that. This is not helping Jillian's cause. The only good thing so far is that i am improving my cardio. I am going to start the couch to 5k tonight. that is 3 days a week. i hope i just gained 4lbs of muscle in 4 days. lol I doubt that though. :]
  • lunamare
    Options
    Just finished L1D3. I added the 3lb weights back in for things that wouldn't hurt my shoulder and it was much better. I hate to say that a few of the segments are getting easy. Hope I'm not cursing myself by saying that. I feel much better today for having worked out. I skipped yesterday and I was miserable all day. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
  • lunamare
    Options
    Just finished L1D4. I added the 3lb weights back in for things that wouldn't hurt my shoulder and it was much better. I hate to say that a few of the segments are getting easy. Hope I'm not cursing myself by saying that. I feel much better today for having worked out. I skipped yesterday and I was miserable all day. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!