Mommy Challenge- Sunday May 29th - July 4th

Options
I am a mommy to 2 babies- a 2 year old and an eight month old. Its so easy to make excuses to not get is shape. As a mommy its really really hard to find time for yourself. Joining MFP has helped me realize how much happier, healthier, and a much better mommy i am when i take care of ME. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others..kids, husband, parents, job, all of the things that we as women take care of! So, I have lost 12 pounds and i have another 20ish to go. Independence day is around the corner and i would love to shed 10 pounds by then. I have a plan in place, but i thought, why not get more friends and a challenge to hold myself accountable. Any mommies out there in need to lose a solid 10 pounds in 5 weeks? This is 2 pounds a week which is doable with diet and execise! On monday, we will check in here with weight, inches, and plan of action. So here is to losing the next 10 pounds! Any takers?

Replies

• MeliF
    MeliF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am so IN!! I am the mommy of a beautiful 16 month old boy! He keeps me on my toes! I have lost 42 pounds so far and would love to lose another 10 by 4th of July (3 days before my 4th wedding anniversary)!
    Count me in!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Awesome..lets check back in monday with starting weight and help motivate each other to take off 10! I will add you as a friend!
  • darseneau
    darseneau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have three children and I nanny three more! I would love to take off 10 lbs by the fourth.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    great...monday we shall start! im excited!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Im SO in too!!! My baby boy turns 2 tomorrow and my baby girl will be 5 on June !%:) Love them and want to be a better mommy to them!!!
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    i'm with it!!! I have a six year old boy who loves the park!!! lol
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. My weight loss has stalled big time lately. maybe this will be what it takes to get that scale moving again. my name is amanda. i have 2 boys. they are 2 1/2 years old and 14 months. and i Totally agree with taking care of yourself- physically and spirtually, results in giving those you care about most the better care too :0).
  • Amandas110500
    Options
    I am just getting started and haven't stuck to the plan as I would like, so I am so in...I am a mommy to 3 (8,3, and 2).
  • ajnesbitt07
    ajnesbitt07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My baby girl will be 2 on Saturday. I'm going on a vacation with my husband and some friends while she goes on a vacation to Nanny & Pop-pop's July 9th-16th. I'd LOVE to lose 10lbs before having to walk around in a bathing suit in front of my husband's friends!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm currently apart of Midsummer Meltdown (ends 6/21), and Virtual Walk Across America (ends 6/30). I'd love to be apart of a group full of momma's! I have a two year old lil girl who is quickly approaching 20 - too grown.

I'll check back in Monday!
  • jenniray71
    jenniray71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 4 kids that are 14 and under...... Add me! :-)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    COunt me in, my bunddle of joy is turning 5 in July, and sure enough I can't use the "i just had a baby" excuse anymore.. LOL
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm in :) Hoping for at least 5!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    im so happy that we can all support each other! monday lets check in and start this! depending on where you are in your weight loss journey, 10 pounds might be alot in one month, but even if its 5 pounds we are doing great! lets do this!
  • tmorelli2
    tmorelli2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in too. I have been on this site for five weeks and lost five pounds, but gained three back. I would love to lose ten in the next five weeks. I have three kids, the youngest just turned two. To be honest I know I will be tempted to eat more with the kids home for the summer. So I could use the challenge.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    go reyna! lol, you can do it! i would love to be slimmer by the 4th!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I am new to this as well.. would love it if I can lose 10 lbs by then. I have 2 kids (17 - boy and 2 1/2 girl)...

My son's high school grad is on 22nd June so losing some weight before then would be great!! Count me in! Btw... how does this work? Do we add each other or does the op. as us all??
  • grnoliv
    grnoliv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have 3 boys, 11, 8 & 18 months but I still look pregnant!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this....just let me know how :-) I have a 7 year old and an 18 month old and we are going to visit family for the 4th. That was my initial goal of starting this weight loss journey and this will certainly help keep things moving!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I'm in!