anyone starting the shred 2morrow? 5/27

Options

Replies

• tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    Thrilled to see everyone here!!! JUST DID IT!!

Day/Level: D1L1
    Breaks: 0
    Starting weight: 175 lbs (5'5)

I gotta say, I did this AFTER I did another workout video!!
    First I did 'The Firm: Dance Express" and burned 250 cals in 25 mins according to HRM
    Then I did the 30 day shred and also burned 250 cals according to HRM (including stretching)

I think the first workout video really warmed up before the shred. I don't want to injure myself and Jillian doesn't give too much of a warm up.

For those you about to do it: Circuit 1 is the hardest, but it is all downhill from there (in my opinion).

I used 2 lb weights because I didn't want to get discouraged and I wanted to make sure I could do it. Circuit 1, 2lb weights killed me!! I probably will use 3 lb weights for the other circuits. But nothing higher (for now)

I feel fantastic right now :)

Can't wait to see how you all do!!! And see you again on here tomorrow!
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    today is my day 4, i love it.i did it first thing this morning. i've lost a pound in 4 days and 2 inches all around ...i'm happy
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Ok, I just did and am still alive!!!

Day 1/Level 1
    Breaks: two in first cardio section, none after that! Yay!
    CW: 217 (according to old scales - new scales bought this week are LYING!! lol)

I actually really enjoyed this! It was really hard but I surprised myself by only stopping twice in the first cardio section (those bl**dy jumping jacks!). Sweated buckets and face like a beetroot!! We'll see if I can move tomorrow though ...

I agree - the first circuit is definitely the hardest!
  • melissadawn1990
    Options
    how do you record it in the exercise section?
  • tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    You can record it in cardiovascular, search "circuit training"
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm gonna start today too... I've been doing it but not everyday (didn't know I had to).

You log it as circuit training in the cardio section.... :)

Not sure how much I weigh at the moment, I promised my hubby I wouldn't weigh-in until after my birthday (6/5) so I would stop getting discouraged when the scale doesn't move like I want it to.

Good luck everyone, I certainly need the motivation.... I have a mini goal of 60+ lbs. to loose but I would to ultimately loose all of it, about 90+ lbs.

Feel free to add me anyone, if you are in the same boat as me :)
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started 5/25 but took yesterday off, so I will restart today too! So sore. So sore.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Did the 1st workout. Did fine in all of it except for the 1st round. I suck at pushups! I also only have 6.6 lb weights so that hindered my side quat arm lift things. too heavy.

all in all, good, quick workout, but I don't feel like it's enough for the day. going to go for a run now
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 1/ Level 1
    Breaks- 1
    CW- 143lbs, 5'5"
    3lb weights was a good start but those raises with the side lunge were killing me! I HATE jumping rope way worse than jumping jacks, what a burn!

I just want to say that if it hadn't been for this thread I would have caved to errands I could have run on my lunch break instead getting in my 30DS. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • melissadawn1990
    Options
    D1L1
    Breaks- 1
    CW- 230lbs/5'7
    I did it while my daughters were napping and boy was I cursing Jillian LOL.. but now that I am done I feel GREAT!! I do agree that the first circuit is definally the hardest ... I had to take a little break while doing the skipping rope lol I just had a baby 5 weeks ago and my belly jiggles so bad, I think I need a belly bra:laugh: Heres to keeping this up and getting rid of the pooch!
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    Can I join as well?
    I'm so glad I found this post. I recently bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred and started it this morning.

D1L1
    Breaks-1
    Starting Weight:137.5
  • hrpro
    hrpro Posts: 3
    Options
    I did it this morning and was surprised at how it really worked your body in just 20 minutes. I'll be back doing it again tomorrow!
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    D2L1 - 2 breaks in first cardio

Surprisingly I wasn't too sore this morning so decided to do day 2 early. Felt the same as yesterday - exhausted! Enjoyed it though! :)
  • kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 level 1, only took 1 break (bicycle sit ups at the end kill me) same as yesterday.
    I really ached this morning!!
  • skeettafic
    skeettafic Posts: 2
    Options
    I did D1L1 last night and about to do D2 here in a minute. I'm going away tonight so I won't be able to do it later. I think I took one break

My weight yesterday morning was 167 (5'6"). I would really love to lose 20 lbs. I also completed C25k not that long ago and I'm running 2-3 days per week.
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    D2L1 this morning.
    Breaks- 1

A little sore, but that just means it's working. It did go by faster the second day, probably because I knew what to expect.
  • tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    I woke up and was so excited to see you guys pulling through with Day 2. Getting my workout in in 20!
  • tillNEWYEARS
    Options
    Day 2/Level1
    Breaks:0

Damn circuit 1 is so hard!! But you get through it. Those squat and overhead dumbell presses KILL my shoulders. And then later on with the side lunges you do even MORE shoulders. I am not trying to build shoulders here. I am going to modify the side lunge move and do a side lunge/tricep press move instead.
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    I brought the DVD a couple of weeks ago and have done it a few times but haven't been doing it everyday so I think I need to join as I have 30 days until my holiday now!! Count me in!
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to start today. Need to get those hand weights ASAP. :(