Personal Independance Day Challenge Starts Monday 5/30/11

Options
Hey folks!
This challenge is a spin off of many mini goal challenges we've been doing this year including Valentine's Day, Easter, and most recently, the Memorial Day Challenges. A lot of us have been supporting and motivating each other for several months now and we want to keep the family together. However we welcome new family members at anytime.

Here's how it works:
To join the challenge simply post your starting weight as of Monday May 30th and the goal weight you'd like to be at on Monday July 4th. It's only a 5 week challenge so keep your goals realistic and attainable. 10lbs. is a good recommendation for most people but if you know your body better than that and think you can lose more or less just post what you are shooting for in 5 weeks.

Since the challenge starts and ends on a Monday, we'll make our weekly weight posting days on Mondays, now keep in mind that doesn't mean you have to change your official weigh in day, for example I go to a clinic once a week to weigh in and talk with a counselor on Saturdays, so I will post what my weight was on Saturday, on the site here on Mondays. In an ideal world everyone on the challenge will post their weight for the week on Monday but what with everyone having a life or perhaps they are on the other side of the world where it's already Monday, it seems to take a few days to track everyone down and get them to post their current weight. Either way I'll compile a list to keep track of everyone's progress and post it hopefully by the end of the week, or sooner if possible. That way we can be accountable to each other and please post throughout the week if you need encouragement, or check in to see if you can offer advice to others! But don't forget...

Every Monday post your current weight (CW)

If you are looking to join and it's after May 30th, no problem, just post your Current Weight (CW) of the day you join and the Goal Weight (GW) you'd like to be at on July 4th (Your Personal Independence Day!) remember to adjust for less time on the challenge and then start checking in with the thread and post your CW every Monday!

Oh and when you post your CW try to use this format:

Wk 1:
SW: 170
CW: 168
GW: 160

This way if you decide you want to change your GW along the way I can update that for you on the big list! And everyone else can see how well you are doing!

Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    you know what, I am all in. I will definitely need help staying on this program, but we shall see. I will check back in on monday and record my weight!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Definitely in on this one!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My first mini goal is set for July 4th, I really think this challenge will help so count me IN! I will be back monday to weigh in!
  • karin263
    karin263 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definetly want in on this. This will be my first challenge, so hope I can do it right.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Definetly want in on this. This will be my first challenge, so hope I can do it right.

My first challenge as well.....We can do It!!!!
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Hoping I can find this thread on Monday :) LOL:flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I am so in
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I have just finished one challenge and see myself slacking since then! The last week of July I will be pedaling across Iowa so I need to drop as many pounds as possible.

Thanks!
    JJ
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    in!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Im in for this one also !
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm starting a weight loss challenge with my sisters on the first so this will be a great tie in!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Im in -I weigh on Saturdays so my SW is 129lbs and my goal is 126 so not much to go so I think it should be do-able!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, too!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you for starting another challange Heidi. These challanges have been great, i've been doing these with you since the Easter challange and have lost almost 20lbs. :happy:
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yay! super excited we are starting up a new challenge! will check back in tomorrow!
  • curlylocks87
    Options
    I would like to join. I will post back on Monday...:smile:
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join as well! I sometimes have a hard time finding my threads though... lol
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Sounds good to me :) This would be great support for everyone! :smile:
  • batorsbabe37
    batorsbabe37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im in! :) I will weigh in tomorrow and put up my stats! Excited about this one!