Size 18 to Size 8/10 - My Progress Pictures!

Options

Replies

• lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Oh! The places you will go! Your moving now! Do you have new goals in mind?

Thanks! I love that book. Very meaningful to me. :) I want to run a half marathon. I am thinking about doing the Baltimore Half and the Annapolis Half in the fall. :) I played different sports in high school but I was never much of a runner. It's amazing how much freedom you gain when you take a few chances in life. :) I love running now!

How about you? Do you have any goals?
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Im currently a size 16 and since you were a similar size. I wonder can you offer and helpful tips? Again great job !

Push yourself, drink a ton of water, and up your protein/lower your carbs a bit. I realized I was eating entirely too many carbs for my body. MFP sets protein a little low so I switched mine a little.

Pushing yourself is HUGE! A lot of it is in your head!!! I love to prove myself wrong. If I feel like giving up I always give myself a pep talk and say, "REALLY LYNDSEY? That's all you've got? I'm disappointed in you!" Then, I prove myself wrong and go 10-20 more minutes.

I always wanted results right away. My friend Tami always says don't give up....tomorrow is going to come anyway....you might as well be making good choices. It makes so much sense! We want to look great RIGHT NOW, but there's no use in giving up if we don't get immediate results. Tomorrow will come no matter what!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hey, how do you get all those mini goals? Where do I go on the site to do my own?

Go up to the top and click on the "Tools" tab. Then, click on "Weight Tickers." You can choose your own ticker and set it to your desired weight loss goal. Each time you lose weight you can log the amount you have lost. Hope this helps!

She might be referring to the mini goals that show up at the bottom of the posts here on the forum? Those are created by clicking on the Signature tab above where you post replies ( in between the My Topic and Search tabs)
  • Blittle74
    Blittle74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Very inspiring!!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    Hey, how do you get all those mini goals? Where do I go on the site to do my own?

Go up to the top and click on the "Tools" tab. Then, click on "Weight Tickers." You can choose your own ticker and set it to your desired weight loss goal. Each time you lose weight you can log the amount you have lost. Hope this helps!

She might be referring to the mini goals that show up at the bottom of the posts here on the forum? Those are created by clicking on the Signature tab above where you post replies ( in between the My Topic and Search tabs)

Oh wow...thanks! I didn't realize that. I just automatically assumed she meant the ticker tool. Thanks!!! :)
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    You look amazing. Very inspiring!!

Thank you so much! :)
  • BrokenWings
    BrokenWings Posts: 36
    Options
    WoW! Well done, you look a lot better and happier :)
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    WoW! Well done, you look a lot better and happier :)

THANKS! I feel a lot better too.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Great work! I too, have not worn shorts in 3 or 4 years. I'm really hoping next summer is the one! :)
  • Mandired78
    Mandired78 Posts: 69
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic work!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    Great work! I too, have not worn shorts in 3 or 4 years. I'm really hoping next summer is the one! :)

Next summer will def be the one!!!! :) THANK YOU!
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your story gives me great motivation on my weight loss journey. :happy: Thanks for sharing!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Congratulations!!!!! You look great and are an inspiration to me, How did you break your ankle? I broke mine about 15 yrs. ago and I have had lots of surgeries. Hope you get along with it. Keep up the great work!

Jean from Iowa
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You've done great and you look so happy!
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome! great inspiration!3697427.png
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    That is incredible! Congratulations!!!!! You look great and are an inspiration to me, How did you break your ankle? I broke mine about 15 yrs. ago and I have had lots of surgeries. Hope you get along with it. Keep up the great work!

Jean from Iowa

Thank you so much! I fractured it while running on a hiking trail. :) It was a small fracture and is feeling pretty good. GREAT JOB on your success as well!
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB! Keep it up!!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB! Keep it up!!

Thanks! :)
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    You look great! Hope your ankle feels better!
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I also have dropped from a 18 to a 10 . I wondering how to you create pictures on your blog or on a forum post

8632674.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!