June Walking Challenge - Break a sweat!

Options

Replies

• DianaC13
    DianaC13 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am in on this month, my daughter plays travel softball so I have time to walk at the tourney's on weekends! During the week is harder for me, son's baseball, family and work. There is never enough time in a day for me!!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    3.25 miles today for me, at 3.25 mph. I'm almost half way to my goal and it's still the first week of June. I must have a competitive streak in there somewhere. This challenge is motivating. The cool weather we're having doesn't hurt either! Linda, awesome speed!

Mary, you're doing amazingly well, aren't you?

Funny thing, I was thinking today that I am not at all competitive but when it comes to beating my walking challenge??? Where does that push come from!??!?!? I've taken it more slowly today, somehow it's not the same AFTER work. Most of my energy's gone I suppose? I did walk a bit further than my usual working day though...

5.78 miles for me today - no push on speed...
  • lindaj07
    Options
    3.25 miles today for me, at 3.25 mph. I'm almost half way to my goal and it's still the first week of June. I must have a competitive streak in there somewhere. This challenge is motivating. The cool weather we're having doesn't hurt either! Linda, awesome speed!

Funny Mary, I was thinking today that I am not at all competitive but when it comes to beating my walking challenge??? Where does that push come from!??!?!? I've taken it more slowly today, somehow it's not the same AFTER work. Most of my energy's gone I suppose? I did walk a bit further than my usual working day though...

5.78 miles for me today - no push on speed...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    93 minutes today
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just realised I already beat my June Walking Challenge!!!! (To increase my speed to 4 mph) I'm going to keep on pushing the speed when I can.

Dang! Good job!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Another60 minutes last night. Looking forward to tonights walk. It's funny. 2 weeks ago I would have come up with every excuse to stay inside on the couch. Now I cannot wait until I can walk.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    30 min. yesterday...think I'm going to do another 30 tonight. :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    today so far 7662
    6/6 10021
    6/5 5477
    6/4 16037
    6/3 12380
    6/2 14517
    6/1 13909
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Linda, awesome speed. Flausa had good advice. And, Flausa, I don't know how you do it. You must be flying.

Walked just 1.75 miles today in 35 minutes - about 3 mph. Used the stairstepper for another 25 minutes. I think I need to clip Izzy's toenails. She didn't want to walk as far. Or maybe it was the heat - all the way into the 70's! Then again, maybe *I* was feeling the heat. :laugh:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Another 4 miles today , that's 13 so far for the month. I walk with Leslie sansone walk away the lbs 5 mile fat burning walk DVD. She covers 5 miles in 60 min that's a 12 min mile; and she does it in intervals so your heart rate gets really up there!!! Great for indoor walking to get out of the heat and consistently burning over 500 calories for the full 5 miles; not too bad at all !!!!
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    Wow, everybody on a positive trend!
    Looking great folks, keep it up!

I for one have revised my goal, it is on!!

Wooo!!

Have a great day :)
  • lindaj07
    Options
    Linda, awesome speed. Flausa had good advice. And, Flausa, I don't know how you do it. You must be flying.

Walked just 1.75 miles today in 35 minutes - about 3 mph. Used the stairstepper for another 25 minutes. I think I need to clip Izzy's toenails. She didn't want to walk as far. Or maybe it was the heat - all the way into the 70's! Then again, maybe *I* was feeling the heat. :laugh:

Walking in heat??? What DOES that feel like?? :laugh: you did great again! Stair-stepper must be good for the knees?

3.5 miles for me today in - wait for it - YES another personal best! 4.2 mph!!!!!! I changed my tactic... Must tell you this story!
    Instead of plotting my route, I'm doing the old familiar one round the park but have decided to get someone in my sights and overtake them. Today, it was a young woman, around 25 I'd say, who was walking quite quickly, as I thought. Anyway, it took me almost 2 blocks to catch up with her but I did it!! Just as I pulled alongside, she stopped and I noticed she was lighting a CIGARETTE!! Stiil, it feels pretty good to be able to say that I out-walked a 25 year old smoker!! I imagine that would make quite a good anti-smoking campaign?? Picture it if you will!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of flying... Have you seen Black Swan (the movie) ??? If you look closely, I think you may see wings sprouting between Flausa's shoulder blades! You really ARE amazing Flausa!
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have not walked in days ad hating it!! Was looking forward to a long walk today but my daughter strained her neck and is staying home from school for the day. Maybe tonight I'll get it in. Frustrated!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Up to 14 miles as of yesterday.

I should get quite a few miles this weekend - my sister's wedding on Saturday is at an amusement park (Kennywood in Pittsburgh)...
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling. I set a very realistic goal of 500 minutes for the month, but have only done 16 so far!! I've had a fibro flare up so have been in pain, but also just been really lazy i think! I need a kick up the butt
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Adding another 57 minutes to last night.

I love how all of you can get up and knock it out in the AM. I cannot get enough energy to get my butt outta bed at 5AM :o(
    Good Job everyone
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Didn't check in yesterday, but 4 miles for today and yesterday!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just came across this thread... is it too late to join?.... I need to start somewhere! lol You are all doing so well! keep it up!!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    another 30 min today, hope to get in a long one tomorrow night when the the weather cools down a bit
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :grumble: 15 minutes today:sad: Hurt my knee!