June Century plus cycling challenge

Options

Replies

• Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Well, the day of my accident I rode to and from the trail head so I actually met my 200mi challenge. Not getting many if any more miles this month. Then, I am going to have to have to build up again. July's challenge is going to be a real challenge for me.

exercise.png
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    June 25 14 miles. Nothing new or dangerous on my ride today. 250/400. Not going to make that 400. :frown:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    7.2 miles, home from work yesterday. I need to do some mega riding this weekend to make that goal. I can't believe how much I slacked this month!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Finally got out and was able to do some distance with a new seat. I might have found one that will work for me. With tonight's ride I am at 284 miles for the month. I have been asked to do a 50 mile tomorrow morning. I did alright tonight for not riding for two weeks. I think I can handle 50 tomorrow.

I didn't get my 50 in but did 26miles. Helped a person out instead of finishing. But with the 26 miles today that gets me to 310. With my traveling next week I doubt if I will get 400.
  • thcri
    Options
    With this morning's ride I am at 335. 400 looks like it will be tough to get. I leave in the morning for a business trip to Des Moines, IA. Possible a few trails I could ride on while there. Will have to check it out.
  • kelleher42
    kelleher42 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    64 miles this weekend in two rides. At 303 for June. Not sure how much riding will happen this week, but I may make it to 325....
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 27 14 miles. 264/400
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    well as this month comes to a close and it's my first on the bike I think I've done pretty well. According to Mapmyride, I've ridden 102 as of today..... Yay I made it.
  • thcri
    Options
    well as this month comes to a close and it's my first on the bike I think I've done pretty well. According to Mapmyride, I've ridden 102 as of today..... Yay I made it.

Good job Beth
  • thcri
    Options
    With this mornings 30 that should put me at 365. I just may make the 400 yet if I ride with the local group Wednesday evening. Would still have to do a few like 20 on Thursday.
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 29 10.4 miles. 275 miles/400. Unless I ride 125 miles tomorrow that 400 ain't happening.
  • thcri
    Options
    June 29 10.4 miles. 275 miles/400. Unless I ride 125 miles tomorrow that 400 ain't happening.

If I ride with the local group tonight I would get 30 more miles in leaving 5 tomorrow last day to get 5 in and then I would have 400. My biggest hurdle is that I have not seen my wife for over a week now until this morning at 1:30 AM. If I ride tonight I may be dead by morning. I just don't think my wife would go for me being gone tonight after not seeing each other for so long.

So what do you all think - Ride or Not?
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Got in another 24 this week for a total of 173 for the month!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

If I ride with the local group tonight I would get 30 more miles in leaving 5 tomorrow last day to get 5 in and then I would have 400. My biggest hurdle is that I have not seen my wife for over a week now until this morning at 1:30 AM. If I ride tonight I may be dead by morning. I just don't think my wife would go for me being gone tonight after not seeing each other for so long.

Unless she rides with you, no. FAMILY FIRST.
  • thcri
    Options

Unless she rides with you, no. FAMILY FIRST.

We had a good argument about it last night. She accused me of never asking and I accused her of never wanting to go. So hopefully it will all change and we will spend time together on the bike. It maybe tough on my only going 5 to 10 miles at a crack slower than I usually ride but it will be worth it.

I need 35 to get 400 today and I did not ride with the group last night. Just maybe I can ride my bike home from work, take a long way home and get the 400 in. If not then I promise 500 next month July.

Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend if from the US and if not well you can still have a great weekend.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Got a bit of a bug, so I won't be riding today. My final tally according to garmin connect is exactly 279.00 miles for the month.
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 30 14 miles. 289/400. Had I been at home doing my 21 mile ride, I would have made this challenge. Oh well, I made a good effort.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    A 25 mile ice cream ride tonite should get me my 500 miles for the month, woot! :happy:
  • thcri
    Options
    A 25 mile ice cream ride tonite should get me my 500 miles for the month, woot! :happy:

Wow Zoom way to go!!!!!!!!! 500 miles that is great.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Wow Zoom way to go!!!!!!!!! 500 miles that is great.

I did it...501 miles! The really awesome part is that I didn't even ride 13 miles, last week (thanks to Mother Nature...only got out briefly on my new cyclocross bike).