Re-establishing Chubby Twenties?!

Options

Replies

• Littlenatt
    Littlenatt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Yet again this week has been abit pants. It started out good, but because ive been pretty much working 10, 12 and 14hr days ive been too knackered to even eat, nevermind exercise. But, the cafe is going on friday (which is why i've been working so much) so i can start eating properly, and exercising better with out the stress of it.

Gem - i know i posted on your profile, but i really do love you! your post really did made me smile :) And i like that i can be used as an adjective to describe how early 5am is :D

Cenedria- Edinburgh in winter is beautiful, but also very very very busy, so watch your purse and things when you go out an about (im not saying the crime is bad, but when its coming close to christmas, desperate times call for desperate measures, and i think its pretty much a given that crime goes up at xmas everywhere).

Natx
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nat- Those are some crazy hours hope it settles down soon! Thanks for the advice. This is my first trip overseas so I'll take any I can get :) I'm super excited but also very nervous since I'm travelling alone(well except the first part that's with the tour).
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Nat- I'm with Gem on this, we can come sit on him for your! *hugs*
  • AnnabelLeigh
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I've just recently discovered MFP and I'd love to be part of a support group that can keep me on track throughout the school year. I've been on my diet/exercise program for five days. My biggest concern is that once school starts, I won't be able to keep up my routine due to classes, living w/ 3 male housemates, and nights out. :( I really want to establish a healthy lifestyle as opposed to a temporary diet.

My goal is to lose 18 pounds and attain my ideal measurements. If I hit my desired measurements before losing 18 pounds, then that will be my goal weight. :)

Feel free to add me. Stay motivated! <3
  • Littlenatt
    Littlenatt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cendria: hipefully the hours should settle down now because the cafe has sold! woop, we can finally start eating better as a family now which will mean less temptation and less convenience meals and more home cooked meals!
    As for your holiday, just use your common sense with things and you'll be fine! If not, im only a few hours away by train, i'd be quite happy to help you with anything.

Annabel: Welcome, 18lbs sounds like a reasonable and very very achievable goal! I think when you start school the main thing is to make sure that you are getting three meals a day! and to fit in exercise when you can. As for nights out, i dont know what kind of person you are but i quite enjoy a sober night out, just drinking water. I occasionally drink alcohol, usually wine or vodka-coke, but i think everything in moderation is the key. Plus, dont deprive yourself, it'll only get you down and make you want "what you cant have" even more!!

Nat xx
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh how frustrating I did a nice long reply and then bah my net cuts out!!
    Basically I was explaining how mental my week had been and how I have had to be creative with my exercise!!!
    Wednesday my exercise consisted of 2.5 hours shopping on Oxford Street which incase you didnt know is like a gauntlet!!!
    Thursday - running round in MASSIVE heels at a major event I was working on. Only good thing about it was I got to meet Jamie Roberts and Lewis Moody (google them if you dont know them) Jamie is like my dream man!
    Friday was a let down! I was so so so tired (14 hours work the day before) I did not eat well at all and deffo had no will to exercise. I also saw the pics of me and the beautiful rugby men and I look AWFUL, Nat they are on my FB! Today has been better but still no workout. Tomorrow I am making a vow to do at least 40 minutes of a workout. I will feel so much better I know this!!

I really need to go and plan a lesson for Church tomorrow now so wll leave you all!
    Welcome to Annabel and good luck
    Cendria - I will tell you all about how much I adore Scotland soon!
    xx
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies (I haven't seen any men in the messages I've read - but hello if you are out there too!)

I'm 25, and currently 43lbs above where I would so love to be - I have always been a bigger girl, but I just think that this has to be the time I get this under control and lose the weight.

I'm getting married in 6 months, and although I don't think I can lose 2lbs a week every week, I'm sure going to give it my best - that would put me at my goal weight JUST in time for my wedding!

I really struggle so much with getting down on myself and staying motivated (especially since my only form of support comes in the shape of my hubby-to-be who shouldn't have to listen to me moan all the time!) so would love to join you all in your MFP goals!

Steph x
  • Selly7749
    Selly7749 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi guys! I sort of 'joined' this thread a while ago, but never really have the guts to post! But I thought I would grow a pair and get on with it today, because I really do want to be friends with everyone :)

@AlmostLost.... booooooooooooooooo work! I had a big old week like that, not last week, but the week before and everything fell apart - but it's no one's fault, if you exercise loads and work that much, you'll make yourself soooooooooo ill. what's the cafe that you speak of? Hope that week is a better week with lots of lovely rest as well as healthy times :)

@Cenedria - YAY SCOTLAND! I'm going to Edinburgh in... 2 weeks time now, because my theatre company is taking a show up there. I've not been before, so I can do a big old report about what it was like from my new-to-scotland eyes :) it's wicked that you're doing something you've always wanted to do. when do you get there, and how long are in the UK for?

@AnnabelLeigh - Hiya! Nice to meet you :) I know exactly what you mean about maintaining a healthy lifestyle at school, I'm in a similar situation, and my big panic is that when the summer hiatus is up and I return to university, everything will just fall apart. But I guess that the key is taking things one day at a time, and trying to plan and structure meals as well as possible. We'll do it together, and all will be well :)

@StephieJMann - CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING! How are the preparations coming along. A wedding's an amazing goal - they had a whole section in weightwatchers magazine about ladies that lost weight for their weddings - I scan it for you if you like, they're really lovely articles. I'm not sure how my scanner works... but it'll be fun to learn! And you can definitely lose 2lbs a week :) you've already done a big old step by joining MFP :)

@gemfox what did you get on Oxford Street? The most important bit and you missed it out! The last time I went there I fainted. true facts. So well done you!

I hope that everyone is well, and happy, and has lots of loveliness to look forward to in the coming week!

I have a little thing that I'm a bit worried about, and I thought that I would ask all of your advice. On the 13th august, (so about 2 weeks away) I'm taking my theatre company up to Edinburgh for the fringe. We're doing a show, and I'm company manager, so it's kind of like a holiday - but not really, cus I've got to work!

I'm really having a panic about it.

How am I going to exercise? 15 of us are all stuffed into a flat so I'm not sure if I'll feel comfortable to do my exercise video, or even if we'll have the space. Perhaps I could start the c25k programme while I'm up there? I wouldn't be in the house, it'd be time for myself, I guess. Or maybe I could get a pedometer/HRM and walk walk walk like a crazy girl, go up to the castle, see as much of the city as poss. I'm just so scared that I'll mess up my fitness level, and that without the structure that my job provides or the support of my family, it'll all go down the pan. about a week ago I had a real bad week, barely exercised, ate not as well as I could have. didn't lose weight, but didn't gain either, so no so bad. But that week of from exercising really had an effect - when I next came to do my vid again, it felt so hard, and it took me a week to get back up to that level.

Am I just making excuses? Maybe I should just suck it up, take my exercise video and be like - look you're all my friends, and you know that I need to do this. So there. and then maybe stick my tongue out? phweeeeeee. I'm fretting.

sorry to do a neuroses all over the thread, but I thought I should let it out. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Nat-Thanks Nat! The more contacts I have in the UK the better. That’s great about the café I think I missed that in the last post. Yay for less stress and being able to eat better. I’m happy for you.

Annabell- Nat is completely right! Do what you can but if you let it get you down or too stressed out it can knock you right off the path. Good luck & Welcome. Sending friend request now!

Gem-That’s crazy but good job getting exercise in where you could. Shopping & walking in heels IS exercise no matter what anyone says. That’s awesome that you got to meet them (I googled…and did some sighing, lol very cute!) I’m sure you look beautiful as always! Get some rest before you workout sounds like you might need it after that crazy week. And definitely do tell about Scotland. I’m still planning so any advice on where to go, what to see etc. is greatly appreciated. I really should do some sightseeing while I’m there. Indulging In my love of Scotsmen shouldn’t be what my whole vacation is about, lol.
    Steph- Welcome! You can do this! Like Selly said a wedding is great motivations (being in my friend’s wedding was one of a few things that got me started). Losing 2lbs a week is possible but my only advice is going at your own pace. If you put too much pressure on yourself it’s easier to get frustrated and lose motivation. But now you have all of us to fall back on for support and motivation. :)

Selly-Sweet! Tell me everything and best of luck with your show! What sort of show is it? I so excited I’m like a little kid but I don’t leave for 5 months. I actually fly out on Christmas day and come back on the 18th of January (26 days of vacation Ahhhhhh!). I know winter isn’t the best time to visit but it’s the slowest time at work so I could actually take the time off without too much hassle. Plus I wanted to go to Hogmanay in Edinburgh. As for exercise do you have time to go for a walk each day? Usually on vacation I just use my walking about as exercise since I do tons of it. I read that Holyrood Park (?) has lots of trails and such to walk on so you might check that out. If you feel comfortable enough to exercise in front of your friends I say take the video just in case but you may find that all the walking and working are enough exercise for the day. A week without gain is a plus in my book so go you!

As for me this week has been calm and slow. I’ve purposely not filled my car up with gas so I have to ride my bike everywhere which is helping to get me back into exercising. I’m signing me and my dad up for a 50K ride tomorrow which added to Scotland is some definite motivation! I did ok this week but I didn’t do so great this weekend between hanging with my family & game night I overindulged in junk foods. Back on track today with a healthy breakfast and a longer ride planned for this evening. My knees have been giving me some trouble so I think I’m going to put off re-re-starting running(this is me rolling my eyes at myself, lol) and just try to start doing some intense walking (along with the bike rides) a couple times a week. I’ve been so long off exercise that I think I may need to ease back into things.
    :heart: Ayla
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    @Selly7749 Thanks for adding me :) Wedding prep is going ok - we have a lot left to sort out, but I'm hoping that it will get done in time!! Haha :) I am so excited about it though - and I am so motivated THIS TIME to lose the weight!!!

If you can figure out how your scanner works I would love to read those articles - but please don't worry about it if it takes longer than 5 minutes - you have other things to be doing I'm sure!!

As for your Edingburgh trip - it sounds great! I've never been to the fringe festival but I'd love to go at some point so I'm very jealous that you get to be in it!!! You should definitely get out and about walking all over the city - I've heard it's beautiful and all that walking will look great on the scales!

I think if the people with you on the trip are pretty close to you, you should try out the video - i bet you would get people joining in with you too - and I don't know about you, but I never quit on my video when my hubby-to-be is watching - so you certainly won't be quitting if there are 15 people in the flat!!!

If there's no space then maybe you could go for a jog? (Don't know if you like running - personally I think it's the devil in disguise but I give it a shot when I can before reverting back to a fast walk) - great time to get away from the chaos and really just be you!

Good luck with it - I'm sure we'll speak before you leave!!

Oh and as I posted this Ayla posted :) Thanks for the welcome - don't worry I'm not psycho crazy on the 2lbs per week, I would be totally happy at 1lb which would still put my around 160lbs for my wedding which would be awesome . It's amazing that you're doing a 50k cycle ride - that sounds so far to me! I have been thinking about getting a bike, maybe this could be the perfect time to do it!!
  • Selly7749
    Options
    It is so hot and so sweaty and I feel grose and rent and phone bills and work and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I should exercise. But it is so hot. and sticky.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I would love to join you all. I am Katy, 28, from sunny Sheffield, England.

I would really love to be at goal by the end of the year, 20lbs away. Am aiming for a UK size 10, its so close, but they are still on the tight side. I am o day 7 of my third round of the 30 day shred and have 6 week 6 pack to do after, can't wait :D
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm afraid of my 30 day shred DVD...I have it but I haven't used it yet because of how hard it sounds! Welcome!
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Steph- It's a nice way to workout really, easy on the body and I really enjoy ridding around my town.

Selly-I'm with you! I HATE exercising when it's hot and I'm all sticky and gross.

BJ-Welcome!

Sweetsapphire- Jillian Michaels scares me so I've avoided her stuff but people do tend to get results from that one.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Yeah I would definitely enjoy riding around - my flat looks out over a canal so I'm sure there would be some nice bike rides to do around here!!

I love Jillian Michaels :) Currently doing no more trouble zones (strength DVD) and banish fat, boost metabolism (cardio) on rotation - although at an hour each I admit I have skipped one/two circuits each time so far - I just can't make it through!!

Challenge for the rest of this week is to make it through both the DVD's without stopping (clearly not in a row, I'm not mental).

30DS is nothing to be scared of - yeah it hurts like hell the first time you do it, but you get over it, and when you do it on day 2 (because at least doing it means you can walk again) it seems much easier!!
  • gemfox
    Options
    Ladies....I feel really rubbish at the moment!
    I have no idea why. I look in the mirror and feel awful! I look like I have put weight on yet I know I cant have done. yea I havent been eating great but nothing horrific. I cant find the will to exercise. I think my housemates may be part of the reason, I love them but i do my workout in the front room/kitchen combo...its hot at the mo and if they are cooking its like hell. and also I dont want to disturb them watching TV. My room is too small and i cant go running or afford the gym. I feel terrible and blergh!!!

Please help ladies.
    :'(
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Steph- Ooo I'd definitely recommend getting a bike then. So much fun! Perhaps I will try the 30 Shred I know I need to do something to do with strength training.

Gem- *hugs* I'm sorry you're feeling so down. You've beautiful, don't psych yourself out! I know it's not fun to workout with other people around like that. When I was working out at home I always did it in the privacy of my room because I was a chicken. You said you can't run but what about a bike or walking? Power walking is a good workout too. Maybe find out when your housemates will be cooking and plan to do the workout before hand or workout a time when you will be working out and let them know and ask them not to cook then since it's so hot. If they are your friends I'm sure they'd be happy to work with you on this since it's so important to you. *hugs*

I actually took my nice road bike out today for a short ride so I'm proud of myself today. Hope everything is going well for everyone. *Hugs* Ayla:heart:
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ok *MASSIVE POST ALERT*

Firstly (before I forget) I studied for 4yrs in Edinburgh, and I love love love love love the city, so if you want any ideas of things to do etc etc feel free to ask me any specific questions. I can do this on message or on here, whichever you'd prefer! I don't want to necessarily clog up the board with my love of the city when noone cares!!

Welcome to everyone that joined the group, feel free to friend me if you'd like the support (I'm only bad and absent from the message boards...I check in every day and check my news feed and comment normally!)

@AnnabelLeigh I totally know where you're coming from when it comes to studying and staying on top of this...I thought that all the way through my undergrad...4.5yrs of *oh but I don't have time to exercise* and *i need to eat lots to keep my energy levels high to work so hard*..(and then trying to claw it back during the long summer) .it wasn't until this Christmas that I decided enough was enough and started it on the 4th Jan, seeing how long I could keep it up...and I did, my mood was better, my energy was higher once I ditched all the junk food and I felt better and more like I wanted to get up in the morning...It was completely the opposite to what I expected, and I was all ready to give it up as soon as the workload piled on...but y'know even if the exercise disappeared, the eating well stuck and I didn't have to throw in the towel and now I'm at 50lbs lost...so it can be done....sure it's been massively hard at times when I've not wanted to cook and whatnot...but actually, having some me time, cooking/exercising etc, and having something other than studying really helped me to want to do the work more productively when I was doing the work.
    Give it a shot and see what is feasible for you to keep up...don't overload yourself or set it as an impossible situation...one thing I always do when I cook is make a portion for 4 people...and when I serve my dinner up, put the other 3 portions into some tuppaware and then I've got 3 *ready made* microwavable meals...that I can eat for dinner the next day, or lunch, or whatever...super easy, stress busting, if it's put away into a container then I don't get so much of an urge to go have seconds of dinner, AND it saved me a lot of money cooking in bulk (and washing up actually...not having to cook every day).

Selly...at the fringe the one thing you don't need to worry about is exercise...you'll be walking all over the city like a crazy lady...AND you'll be up all hours of the day...Edinburgh pubs/bars all stay open til 3am, and clubs til 5am...so there's also the dancing there too...WALK ALL OVER the city, every day (that's what I always do), power walk past the tourists (after a couple of days you'll know where you're going and find them really slow too) and just enjoy seeing everything.
    Climb up Arthur's Seat and the Crags (the big volcanic hills in Holyrood Park), great exercise, and an amazing view...take a picnic if you have time.
    Climb up Carlton Hill - again amazing views
    Walk the length of Princes St (shopping!) and the Royal Mile (touristy)
    Enjoy walking all over the city and explore like crazy...and trust me the busses are super slow so if you're staying not too far out of the city then make the most of all those walking calories and try not to make your legs hurt too much...PLEASE TAKE COMFY SHOES!!!

Gem I'm sooo sorry you're feeling so ick. I was in a massive funk all last week about everything. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, stuff was too slow, things were rubbish, blaaaah.
    I ate more (not over, just gave myself a bit more slack), and I changed up the exercise a bit. When my family's at home I feel bad hogging the tv doing 30DS or Wii Zumba, (and I would NEVER EVER do it infront of them (unless maybe they were doing it with me)) so I started going out walking a lot more - my dogs have been loving all the extra afternoon walks...can you do that? I go out for an hour with my ipod on and just kinda walk it out.
    I also went to my first salsa class, and my first Zumba class (I got dragged along to both, but they were actually both really good fun, and it was so nice to do some "fun" exercise for once...
    One thing that did finally help me was to allow myself to feel so rubbish and kinda give myself a mental hug. It's ok, stuff gets beyond hard and it all builds up, and it always comes in waves for me. I'll be fine for ages and then BAM it's all too much and it's all going wrong. Maybe I've been overdoing it/not sleeping enough - especially in all this hot weather, maybe I've not been drinking/eating enough, maybe I'm just not making time for the FUN too...for me getting out and seeing friends and actually living my life can help with that.
    I wish there was more I could say to help other than give you a massive virtual hug. You know you've got all of us to lean on and rant to, (even if you think the stuff is petty, I bet we can all relate and we've all thought it). You're doing spectacularly - to even still be on the site when you're feeling like this is huge - I know in the past I'd have just decided it was too hard and slipped away quietly. You've lost so much already, surely you still have some old clothes that are too big/clothes that were too small that have started to fit...maybe take some out and just see how far you've come for a bit of a non-scale boost?
    You're an absolutely gorgeous girl, screw the mirror, you'll snap yourself out of it and see it soon as well!

xxx
  • gemfox
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    just a quick post before I leave work. You are aces!
    Penny, Thank you so much for your comments! What is REALLY upsetting is no, I dont have any clothes that are too big, I lost 28lbs and I have no idea where from!!!! I know I have put some weight back on as I can see it in the mirror but even when I had lost so much I really couldnt tell where it was from!!!

I will be replying properly and filling you in on (yet another) day 1 of my weightloss journey later
    xxx
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Gem - SERIOUSLY!!! 28lbs and nothing feels a little less snug? Surely there must've been a teeny change in your measurements? I know that I didn't really notice the difference until I went clothes shopping and realised that actually there was a big change in jeans and shorts and things, but I'd gradually gotten used to my clothes being baggier - and it wasn't til my mum was like YOU HAVE TO START WEARING CLOTHES THAT FIT YOU!...though to be fair at that point I'd lost over 30lbs...so maybe that moment is just around the corner for you?
    Have you tried picking up 26lbs of stuff...(12.7kg) because that is a massive amount and maybe holding it in your arms would make you realise how massive an achievement it is...I know when I bought a set of hand weights the total box of weights and packaging weighed about 10.5kg and it was HEAVY and made me realise how far I'd come...