Re-establishing Chubby Twenties?!

Options
123457»

Replies

• gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    right ladies.... (LONG RANTY POST WARNING)
    SO...I am not sure what my reasons for feeling so rubbish are but I think it MAY be hormone related!!!
    Lets put this into perspective 1st...I have actually gained 8lbs since my last weight check in which was AGES ago! so I havent gained hundreds of lbs but just enough to make me go BLERGH!!! I now have to work twice as hard with half the inspiration.

Today is JUST ANOTHER day 1 which is meant to be the easiest day but I am really finding it the hardest!! I have been great with food today, ate really healthy and then got home and started a workout, did 2 minutes and my housemate walked in. I never used to care but suddenly I am really self concious of him being there and watching so I quit early! I am now sat in the front room after a really yummy dinner, knowing I have gained back all the good work I did at the start of the year and feeling really really fat!!

As for your suggestions of walking/running/cycling - I have issues with all 3.
    Walking - bores me to tears. ipod is missing (stolen) and there is nowhere to walk that is safe or interesting near my house. I also just dont see it as exercise which I know is stupid!!
    Running - I have really really broken ankles and it hurts like hell to think about running never mind doing it. They also hurt after walking for too long.
    Cycling - ok has anyone ever tried to cycle in London and not get knocked off their bike?!!? the idea scares the crap out of me!!! I kind of want to cycle though as i love the bikes at the gym.

I really want to hit the gym again as I always push myself when I am there but I simply can not afford it!

I think this has something to do with things as well. I HATE my job. I work 45 hours a week for NO MONEY and zero job satisfaction! I am applying for job after job after job but nothing! Also, by the time I get home from my ****ty job all I want to do is go to bed, if not to sleep at least to just crash out!!!

I think when I lost the 28 i had clothes that didn't fit, I sold a bit on Ebay to fund my USA trip last year. But since then I have stayed at a UK size 18-20. occasionally a n 16-18 but I still feel blergh! I refuse to go shopping as I HATE it.

Sorry for the rant ladies but I really needed for it. I have also just had a 40 minute very teary call to my mummy which just made me want a cuddle!!!!

xxx
  • tigzi
    tigzi Posts: 4
    Options
    awwwn@ Gemfox, I think youre right most of this stuff is probably hormonal and its all these small things just getting on top of you in combination! OK so for your workouts can you possibly wake up an hour early in the morning when the rest of youre flatmates are sleeping... this may actually be a better kick start to the day? rather than being exhausted at the end and then trying to exercise...
    If you find running a bore then how about having a look to see if there are any other people in your local area who want a running/walking partner? theres a website i think for this but am unsure what its called so have a google at it!

anyway the hormones will be packed away again in a few days so hang in there *virtual hug* x
  • laureneva15
    Options
    ok so... I'm gonna be lazy and not read what has been going on mostly cos well firstly, Can I please join? secondly, my sister is supposed to be coming here soon and I don't have the time to read and clean my room

but @Gemfox, I hope you feel better soon!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @ laureneva yep of course you can join, all are welcome, just jump in and post whenever you want/need to chat/get anything off your chest!
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Friend request on its way!

My overall goal is to lose 50-55lbs.. i am a Chubby 21 year old!

But hoping to meet these goals:
    1-2lbs a week loss
    6 hours exercise a week to comprise of:
    -2 hours strength training a week
    -3 hours cardio a week
    -1 hour swimming a week
    And to cut down on coffee!!!!!!

Good luck :)
  • linzanne5
    linzanne5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Let it all out!!!!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Gem - I hope you're feeling a bit better? Surely you have to as it's FRIDAY!!!!!

I have done NO WORKOUT today - just can't bring myself to do it - but as I walk to work at least I managed to get some slightly form of exercise in!

Tomorrow I will just have to punish myself for my lack of motivation today!!

I'm also looking into going swimming again - I used to love it - and I need anything to get my body to workout! Today I even looked into doing "Hot Yoga/Pilates" - for reference for everyone, it sounds like hell, and there is NO WAY I'm doing it!!! (Working out in a studio that's constantly at 42 degrees C, with 70% humidity....ooooh fun.... I THINK NOT!)

x
  • gemfox
    Options
    Real quick post as I am MEANT to be getting ready to go out with my skinny housemate (oh joy!)
    I just want to say thanks for your support ladies, welcome new posters (sorry the last post was me moaning!)
    I am feeling better, more motivated despite eating the BIGGEST portion of pasta ever today! I had to go to the bank today and the nearest one had a queue going out the door, so the guy working there was like look, theres another one about a 10 minute walk away - guess what i did....I walked there! so i did about half an hour of walking today it was quite nice, sun was shining, lots of pretty men in suits to look at on my wander through the city and I managed to walk there get my stuff at the bank done and walk back before the woman in front of me at the 1st bank had finished!!

xx
  • Selly7749
    Options
    MONSTER POST ALERT

I'm back! Sorry I've not been around a lot guys -I've had a few days this week when I've been up inside my head and a little bit stressed and weird. But had a lovely meal with my godmother last night, let a lot of things out that I needed to, and now feel happy, healthy and ready to do on another week - If I can shift another 2lbs in the coming week, I'll not be morbidly obese anymore - just obese! WOOP! :) But anyway, more importantly...

@cenedria - first thing's first, you're such a lovely friend to have on here! Like really, you're so supportive, and I just wanted to say that, I really value all your support on statuses and the like so thank you :) Here is the website of my theatre company: http://www.wix.com/headlocktheatre/headlock-theatre :D We're a group of students, and we're doing a physical theatre adaptation of Titus Andronicus, so there's lots of blood and gore and passion and crazy nonsense. And it's Shakespeare. yaaaay. We're up there for a week, and I'm in charge of admin, money, making sure people are happy. It's good. Can't wait to join them in Sheffield on Tuesday, and get a well earnt break from work! I think you're right about the video, I'm going to take it as insurance, but the mornings are very quiet, so I will use that as the time to get walking - ipod in, or phone chats with my mum - there's 15 of us in a 5 bed house, so time to myself will probablt be important. I think winter in scotland is a wonderful time to visit, because you'll get the full scott experience - swirly-burly snow storms, haggis by the fire, big old jumpers, lots of scotch to ward of the cold. MARVELLOUS. I'm excited for your adventures :) And easing back into things sounds a great idea - slow and steady wins the race.

@stephiejmann - I AM GOING DOWNSTAIRS TO SCAN THOSE ARTICLES NOW.I am poooop, i should have done it ages ago.

@bjshooter - Hello fellow sheffield person! I'm from sheffield too! Well sort of, I'm a student there, and really missing it now. You've done amazingly well, congrats! I'm sure we can get you into that size 10 for new year's eve :)

@gemfox Oh lovely <3 You've had a tough week of it. But the good news is that week is DONE and you don't have to do it again. question - are you taking measurements as well as weighing yourself? Because I'm sure you have lost inches - I've lost inches, and I've barely lost anywhere near as much as you. Seeing that in numbers will really help motivate you :) also, STAY STRONG. You can exercise, even if they're cooking. Get a big old bottle of water, crack the windows open, and do it - think of the achievement afterwards! Are you near a puregym at all? http://www.puregym.com/ they've got some amazing deals, really very cheap if gyms are what do it for you.Keep applying for jobs - you will find one and things will get better. You are in control - of your life, of your weight, of your work, and you can change things for the better, I promise :)glad you felt more motivated later in the week :) see if you can borrow an ipod off a housemate every evening and GET WALKING.1 hr a day, its a good calorie burn, and it's not that it's not exercise, just that it's EASY exercise, and that's not a bad thing. do iiiiiiiiiiiit. it'll make you happy.

@laureneva - hiya! :) Welcome!

@penny_eclipse - Thank you! your post was really really helpful! I might get some ankle weights to really get the most out of walking everywhere, and I think the time is now for the purchase of a HRM. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so excited! Will you be up at the festival this year?

@judas_queen hiya! Your goals sound ace, and I know that you can meet them :) friend request pending :)

OH MY WORD THAT WAS SO LONG. right, I'm off to have breakfast, I'm starving. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I JUST DID BANISH FAT BOOST METABOLISM WITHOUT SKIPPING ANY CIRCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admittedly I had to press pause like 6 times so I didn't throw up/pass out/have a heart attack - but I GOT THROUGH IT.

I'm so proud of myself :)

Sorry if this is a bit boastful - I just wanted to tell SOMEONE!!!!!!

Selly - those articles will be great I look forward to reading them :) And I'm also going to read about your performance company - sounds like such fun!!

Stay strong all

x
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Also Selly - I have just checked out puregym - ERM how awesome is that gym?!?!?!

And I have also noticed a little "coming soon" in Winter 2011 to Reading! HOORAY! I shall be joining STRAIGHTAWAY! I love classes - I'm so less likely to give up on a workout when I'm being judged!

x

P.s would have edited the last post but I seem to have missed the button/ been an idiot
  • Selly7749
    Options
    There are riots all over Birmingham, my home city. IT'S MENTAL. I have eaten a lot this evening.
  • gemfox
    Options
    hey ladies.
    I keep getting a toe on the wagon and then falling off! it is making me so sad!
    I have found te cause of my lack of motivation and I have known it for ages! MY JOB!!!! I work 45 hours a week which is loads compared to everyone I know. By the time I get home I want to eat and sleep and not exercise! I am still trying to workout on the weekend and put as much 'extra' stuff into my day, like making sure i take the stairs at work and wandering around n my lunch break. Still boooooooooooo!
    I have also been struck down by a nasty nasty cold :( i feel blergh! all snotty and blergh!
    Sorry for lack of responses to you though ladies...there is a lot to read!!!

Welcome new posters.

On a positive note....I do feel less blue and happier in myself!!
    xx
  • ssnichole987
    ssnichole987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie from Tennessee and I've been using MFP for a month or so now but could use some extra motivation to really make the most of it. I'm trying to reclaim my body after a serious stress eating binge over the last year and half while working full time and going to school at night. It really gets challenging in a couple weeks when class starts back and I'm afraid that I'll fall back into some bad habits. Feel free to add me and I hope everyone is having a great Thursday :)
  • gemfox
    Options
    LADIES...
    Just an addition to my earlier post. I did measurements today as I am buying a dress online and really needed to take the plunge!
    Last time i took them was January. Oddly I have lost none from my waist BUT i have lost 4 INCHES from my hips!!!! THAT IS LOADS! how the frick did that happen?!?!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Stephanie- Welcome! Added you as a friend!

Gem- Grats on the inches lost!!! I'm sorry about your job. I've been a bad girl lately with food but I started doing the 30 Day Shred and even though Jillian Michaels is the Devil it's pretty quick and gets a good calorie burn going. Maybe something similar would help add a bit of exercise to your day. Great job though taking the stairs and walking at lunch. Every little bit helps! Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Stephie-AWESOME! That’s so cool! I still can’t make it through the whole 30 DS without some breaks so congrats to you!! Boast away! 

Selly!- Thanks so much! I love being on here with you too. Hope everything is going ok for you!! *hugs* I love this description: “lots of blood and gore and passion and crazy nonsense” sound fun! *dreamy sigh* Can’t wait to get to Scotland. Tell me all about Edinburgh when you get back. *hugs*

Went crazy last night at my uncles birthday party between the garlic bread and pie I couldn't stop eating. It hasn't been like that in a while but lately I've just been stuffing my face. I almost think I'm trying to sabotage myself. Being under 200 and "overweight" instead of "obese is actually scary to me. Being the "fat girl" is my protection against the hurts of the world and my excuse not to interact. It sounds silly but it's true. Hopefully I can deal with this and get over this hump soon.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ARGH!!!!
    *Disclaimer....this turned out to be a massive rant...I meant it to be an update and a bit of a rant...but it turned out to be about a MILLION and one things, so I apologise in advance...and it's also really rambling! Ooops*

A couple of weeks ago I had a horrific stomach bug (and lost 4lbs that week which was about the ONLY good thing), but it's totally knocked me out every since, and I've still not been able to pick up my jogging again...I've still been zumba'ing and walking the dogs every day about 3miles, but I feel like it's totally messing with my weightloss...
    I mean I wasn't actually expecting to lose last week after a monster loss the week before...even if it wasn't "earned" but now, I feel like it's all going in the opposite direction and I'm super scared!

This weekend my brother has ALL his friends over and there's such bad food all around me, plus birthday cake and baked goodies and it's torture....Next week I'm going away for 4 days to visit my godmother, and although she's said I can do the menu planning I feel like not being in control in my own house will screw me over...and then the week after I go to Edinburgh for 4 days to visit my old uni friends...and they don't even know I'm on a diet...they've not seen me since hogmanay (new year) which was about 4 days before I started dieting...4stone (56lbs) ago...and I feel like they're not even going to notice I've lost weight so I don't want to tell them I'm dieting...I won't be able to work out, there'll be so many socal meals and drinks and coffees and everything out, and I really wanted to be super good before to limit the damage of these 4 days...I mean I'm going to make absolutely the best choices I can whilst I'm in edinburgh but I really don't want to be a party pooper up there as I miss them all so much and I want to enjoy it and not have to stress if everyone wants to go out for an indian or something....ARGH!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I just woke up feeling really bloated and sluggish, and want to go for a million runs and zumba classes and just undo all the badness of the next couple of weeks in advance...oh and my boobs which I have had since I was like 13 are shrinking (and only started shrinking about 6lbs ago so it's still new) which makes me feel really lost and meh...I didn't want that bit to shrink! And I thought I'd got away with it! Argh!!!!
    Having a bit of a crisis of confidence....

Also everyone keeps telling me I look great, I've had to get rid of some of my favourite clothes, and EVERYTHING is now a bit big on me...even the "skinny" clothes from when I was 16...I'm going to have to buy jeans that are smaller than the size I was wearing when I was 15, 16, 17, 18...It feels so expensive and wrong...and I still have 12lbs more to even be classified as "healthy" on my BMI....right now I'm still "overweight" but everyone tells me I look the right size, and "don't get too skinny"...and now I'm losing my boobs, and the jeans that were ALWAYS too tight are too big...I just don't know whether I should even lose those extra 12lbs for the BMI thing...I'm 176lbs, 12st 8lbs...(and 5ft8)...and on most people this would be huge...but I'm comfortably fitting into UK size 12s, and mediums...and I'm so confused!
    My mum doesn't want me to lose more than 7lbs more...she thinks I should NOT be less than 12st...and to be fair when I did try to slim down when I was 16 and got down to 11st10lbs (164lbs) (the very top of my *healthy* BMI) and my goal now...I was like a UK size 10 and looked a bit like a lollipop with boobs, and I don't want to be a size 10...I want to be a really toned size 12 without this stupid belly...but ALSO don't want to be classed as "overweight" or be embarrassed of the number when I have to write it down...
    ARGH

Sorry this turned into such a massive rant...I don't feel like I can talk to my mum about it, as she's REALLY struggling with the weightloss thing, and can't be objective, and some friends are like STOP NOW you look great and you'll lose your boobs, and others are like keep going til you get to healthy and then you can always put some more back on if it's *too small*...but I kinda know deep down that if I lose it and do look too small, it'll kill me to put it back on...even if it's the *right* thing to do....

Sorry, just really confused about everything right now, and I kinda feel stuck about everything...Maybe my body doesn't want to lose any more weight and it's "all good" just here...maybe I should lose more, maybe I should enjoy myself, maybe I should chill out...I don't know!
    It was an easy decision when I weighed 16st 8lbs (232lbs) and I thought I could just sort it out nearer the time...the number disgusted me, the clothes sizes that were getting tight scared me...To be honest I *really* didn't think that I'd actually get down this far...I thought I'd give up/it'd get too hard/whatever else...Originally I wanted to not be obese anymore...then I kinda just threw the lets be *healthy* thing out there..not thinking I'd even get close...but now is when I really don't know what I want anymore...It was so easy when it was far away...I'm not sure if I'm just being stubborn by trying to get somewhere silly....
  • Littlenatt
    Littlenatt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I'm back (well have been for a week but been busy with a new job and other things) from my holiday! I had an amazing time in Corfu, we ate loads but it wasnt junk, it was all quite healthy grilled meats etc (except for breakfast which was mainly toast). I thought i would have come back a good few lbs heavier but i put 1 or 2 lbs on the week before i went and have stayed the same :)

I also got an iphone, so ive added the app on there so i can keep track of my food abit easier hopefully!

Sorry i havent replied to everyone, i havent read any other posts tbh, once i get back into the swing of posting i shall reply properly

Nat xxx