25000 calorie burn challenge May 31st-June30th

Options
BrunetteWife
BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
We did a 30k challenge this past month, and it was rough, so I thought I'd lower it a bit and hopefully we all (including myself) can hit the goal.

It's gonna be easy, er, so to speak... burn 25,000 calories from May 31st to June 30th. You can do it in any way you can. Biking, walking, swimming, etc, just get those calories burned!! I started the post for a few friends who decided to help keep me in check and vise versa, now we have a place to keep better track :)

If you want to join,feel free to post an intro or starting weight if you want, of just wait til tomorrow and post your calories burned, and then check back in once a week with your weekly calorie burned total (and your weight if you want to weigh in weekly).
No 'rules' or anything and this is open to anyone who wants to get their burn on. If you feel like posting your totals daily, go for it, not doing so good one week and need motivation, post away :) We're all here to help everyone get a movin' :)

Off your *kitten* and on your feet. You're not doing your butt any good sitting on it, so get it up and movin'! You'll feel much better accomplishing something other than sitting-on-the-couch semi finals this month.. :wink:

So here we go, see ya tomorrow with the first days' calories burned...

Edited: my starting weight is 197.8lbs, same as last months as I haven't weighed in yet...hoping to see the 180s soon :)

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea!!!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!! Im in =)
    Starting weight 184
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm game...averaged 875 calories burned per day last week...and was going to shoot for 1000 calorie burn per day this next week...why not the whole month!!!

169 current weight (down 4 lbs last week, when I began this site and 10 lbs total).

I burn quality calories with yard work/gardening too, for those looking for a new activity to rotate in to their program.
  • RUaStar
    RUaStar Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    :bigsmile: SIGN me up.....Please:flowerforyou:
  • junemary_s
    junemary_s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm up to the challenge. I need a goal.
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! Starting weight 223! Zumba burns about 1000 a night for me in addition to my 3 mile walks!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 279.5
    My name is Sarah, I'm 23 and live in Ohio. I'm graduating from college in 3 months and getting ready to venture into that big bad place called "The real world". I need to lose weight to be healthy and start my life with the man I love and so that I can get pregnant at a healthy weight and have beautiful babies.
    The ring is picked out, the dress is picked out, the honeymoon is planned.. just gotta get my bride body and I'm all set!!! My goal is to get to 169.
    I love a good challenge and appreciate how open this one is while still setting the bar high!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am in! This will be a challenge! I will post my sw 219 and then I'll post my ending weight on June 30th! Very excited. I do a 3500 calorie burn challenge for the past 4 weeks so hopefully this will all keep me accountable!
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ooooo, sounds hard! I'm in!

SW: 132
    GW: 120

I burned 870 calories today... Do they count? :)
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting im in, but im weighing in tomorrow :)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need a goal to motivate me...start weight 214. (I'm excited) :-)
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm Ruth - starting weight 152.
  • wannabahotmom
    wannabahotmom Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm in! I need motivation! I'm only 10 pounds from pre-baby weight but 50 pounds from my goal weight! Its hard to work out being a stay ay home mom with an active duty mulitary husband who isn't around much but I am going to make it work and put some miles on my double stroller in the mornings and do some Zumba on my xbox during nap time! Good luck everyone! Go get your burn on!:tongue: SW for the challenge 198
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. :) JUST what I needed. I'm Emily. <3

Starting Challenge Weight: 165.6

Goal: 159.6
  • wannabahotmom
    wannabahotmom Posts: 108
    Options
    Im in!!! Starting weight 223! Zumba burns about 1000 a night for me in addition to my 3 mile walks!

What do you type in to the exercise tracker to get calories for Zumba??? If I type just Zumba is says no results found? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
  • Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is gonna hurt...I love it!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in....willing to give it a try. I would have to burn 835 calories every day to make 25050 total, so lets see if I can do it!!! :)

SW: 134
    GW: 120
    Challenge GW: 130
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I'll give it another go
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

This should be a great motivator to make sure I am on my bike everyday to get those calories. I am doing a big bike ride at the end of July where I will be riding across Iowa so I need all the work I can get (not to mention weight lose to make those hills easier). Today's weight was 157.8~

Jenn