25000 calorie burn challenge May 31st-June30th

Options

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I am in Amy.... will weigh in in the am. I need some major motivation! You know, you always do it for me!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! Starting weight 223! Zumba burns about 1000 a night for me in addition to my 3 mile walks!

What do you type in to the exercise tracker to get calories for Zumba??? If I type just Zumba is says no results found? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

It's not in there. MFP has mostly basic exercises.. If you have a HRM, just create your own exercise labeled Zumba and enter your calories from your HRM, otherwise, try general dancing. MFP often sets calories burned too high, maybe check out the activity calculator on caloriesperhour.com, it's very close to what my heart rate monitor says for me. Then just create your Zumba exercise on here using those numbers :)
  • klkozy
    klkozy Posts: 9
    Options
    count me in I really need challenges
    SW 180
    goal 135
    2670283.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • wannabahotmom
    wannabahotmom Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Count me in too! Great idea!
    SW - 249
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    Im in!!! Starting weight 223! Zumba burns about 1000 a night for me in addition to my 3 mile walks!

What do you type in to the exercise tracker to get calories for Zumba??? If I type just Zumba is says no results found? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I use a heart rate moniter (waist band and watch). THE best investment I have made, with regard to setting and meeting an exercise goal. ($100 Got mine at my gym, but I'm sure you can find them online.)

My first class I burned 400 calories in 45 minutes. Most burn more, so that would be a safe calorie count.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i'm in again, will post my credentials ltr. The last one was a challenge but some ppl were able to accomplish, i did complete more than 1/2 so wasn't a bad shot. So here i go again
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challange...and just the time we need it to get into summertime shape....thanks for the push Bru!
  • vpwelsh
    vpwelsh Posts: 31
    Options
    I am hesitant but I am in! Sounds like a lot but I am new to the site and think it is a great challenge for me! thanks!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i'm in starting weight 201.2lbs
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Current weight 202.1lbs need to get this moving downwards,, been here 40days alread and lost a measly 3lbs :(

burnt today so far 229 only 771 to go! go my itrain later for 500ish and then trubo jan hopefully for 200 odd

see you tomorrow!!
  • shan91773
    shan91773 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in I burn over a 1000 calories five times a week. Will do extra treadmill and aerobics to make goal.

997050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok - gonna give it a better shot this month! :bigsmile:

As for the Zumba calories burn....I burn anywhere from 250-800 calories depending on the teacher, the routines, and how hard I push it. Definitely get a HRM so you can get a more accurate burn.
  • karlz87
    karlz87 Posts: 37
    Options
    cool! Ill give it a go :)
  • kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in, sounds like a huge challenge but fun too.
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will try this :) I am going to be starting a day late and I have a thing I will have to attend in middle June for a few days. I also can not work out on Tuesdays, but I will still try :).

About me:

My name is Brandon and I began my lifestyle change in September of 2010. I am not far from my goal weight but I have now began focusing more on percent body fat. I have lost around 65 pounds to date. Although I am still considered overweight based on my BMI I am proud to say I am no longer obese. Hopefully by the end of June and by completing this challenge I will make it into the "normal" weight range. Good luck to everyone trying this it will be tough!
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey I'd love to join and be a part of this! My starting weight is 155.4 as of this morning. I hit a plateau and was 156-158 all of May. Hoping to hit the 140s by the end of June. I'm excited!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    1210/25000 here we go!!!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Burned 1001 today! Woo Hoo! Let's Do It!
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I"m in! Starting weight 188! I burned about 733 today!!