Pin-up Girls! - WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I really need to get back on track this week! My sugar intake has been up this week, and the number of workouts I'm doing has dropped. Think I'm getting a bit complacent because I'm only 13lbs away from my goal, but need to keep going or I won't get there!!! Anyone else have this problem?

You know...I've been feeling the same way as I am also only 13lbs away. AND...for some reason I am feeling a little more self conscious about my body now that I have lost weight. I still have this annoying belly fat/skin that sags over my pants and now with the smaller tops it's more noticeable. Let's not even mention how disturbing swimsuit shopping has been...ugg! However, after 4 kids there's really no hope of it going back on it's own, I'll need to get a tummy tuck when all is said and done.

So...I am on board if you need some friendly motivation as I could us some too. I would ultimately like to be at my goal by the end of this Pin-up Challenge...which is gonna take some hard work I am thinking.

Yeah I am loving the fact that I am near my goal weight, but I too still have the annoying belly fat and skin that's ok when I'm standing up, but it's definately there when I sit down. It's horrible!! Suppose I need to focus on sit ups and resistance training, as well as lots of cardio.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Talked to my brother/trainer last night.

Apparently, I'm doing WAY TOO MUCH. That's part of why I'm not seeing results on the scale. I'm supposed to take it easier, and see what happens. Light cardio in addition to 30DS is fine, but weight lifting plus heavy-duty cardio AND 30DS is overkill.

All I know for certain is that I'm currently very disappointed, and have apparently gained two pounds in a week - while being an average of 475cal under goal every day. I am heavily unimpressed. However, as I'm also coming out of TOM, and didn't lose any weight when I ordinarily would have... I'm debating Jillian's "natural diuretic, lose 5 pounds in 7 days" tea thing. Yes, it's all water weight, but if I didn't lose the water that comes with TOM... sigh.

Not giving up. Too stubborn for that. But BOY do I hope something works soon.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    so excited! got out of the 220's today! another "decade" I'll never see again!

running my first 5km tonight. EEEEK!

have a great weekend ladies!

don't give up...don't give in...you are worth it!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Congrats! That's so awesome!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, we are sharing dresses! I just got one in the mail that I am in love with. I never could have fit something like this in the beginning of the year.... wiggle dresses here I come, haha. I have definitely held onto my curves though - a bit too much maybe. My hips just don't want to shrink, they sort of limit the sort of clothes I can get away with. I guess I just have to embrace them. I'm more focused now on getting stronger and more fit.

Disregard the absolutely silly set up I have, my mirror doesn't want to hang on the door so it is leaned against my clothes in the closet.

Blush.jpg
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Oh my! You look fabulous in that dress!

Yay! Congratulations! How did the 5K go? Did you love it?
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh my! You look fabulous in that dress!

Yay! Congratulations! How did the 5K go? Did you love it?

I did...it was tough...but I got through it. More inclines than I'm used to...but still good. My friend came back for me at the end and helped me jog the final leg. Loves her!
  • fishrockstar
    fishrockstar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Damn, I was doing so good today until they put free leftover hot dogs into the breakroom at work. I don't know why, but I just CANT turn down free food. I have 5. :x

I'm scared because there's a cake at work that no one has picked up.. I have a feeling it'll be wheeled into the breakroom tomorrow. Hopefully it's filled with custard or something so I wont be tempted, lol.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, we are sharing dresses! I just got one in the mail that I am in love with. I never could have fit something like this in the beginning of the year.... wiggle dresses here I come, haha. I have definitely held onto my curves though - a bit too much maybe. My hips just don't want to shrink, they sort of limit the sort of clothes I can get away with. I guess I just have to embrace them. I'm more focused now on getting stronger and more fit.

Disregard the absolutely silly set up I have, my mirror doesn't want to hang on the door so it is leaned against my clothes in the closet.

You look FABULOUS!!!!! :love:
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    I was wondering if it was too late to join? I need a little motivation now that I'm getting closer to my goal weight :)
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yay week 2 and i have lost 1.4lbs.. now at 200.6lbs :drinker:
  • curlylocks87
    Options
    Hiya,

I know I am a little early but this week, I am down to 184, so a loss of 3lbs :smile: Good luck with the next week everyone.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Weighing in early because I am leaving in an hour for a week long vacation. I am not sure if I will have access to a scale next Monday, if not I will submit my weight by next Tuesday!

• DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi, Rach. I never seem to catch you at just the right time, but I'd really love to join this group. My end reward I'd a pin-up photo shoot at my goal weight! Can I jump in now or when is the next opportunity?
  • HaruMika
    HaruMika Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I couldnt see any replys to previously posted inquiries so decided to also ask, any chance of joining? I'll give you my grandmas wool cape that i kinda stole (obviously not really cause i rather value it (go unnecessary explanations :D))????
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Monday morning WI is loomng over my head. I just finished my workout and started to log my food for the day. Yesterday I had a ton to do and didn't log and didn't workout. I'm hoping it didn't kill me. This is another busy week (when isn't it a busy week?)
    Oh, somewhat good news. I saw the neurologist on Friday and my latest "pain in the neck (arm)" isn't a traumatic injury. The test showed that I had seriously damaged C7 before, which I knew, and this is just a minor aggrivation of the new nerves. I feel much better knowing that. I even added a few more weights back into 30DS today :) I see my doctor tomorrow to decide a plan of action.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My scale still hates me. I'm hoping that if I'm lucky I'll hold steady this week and not have to post a gain.

My clothes, on the other hand, are loving me. I'm now wearing a pear of capris that I haven't work in years. A month ago (tops!), I wasn't able to button them closed. They're a touch tight in the hips, but they fit. So at least I have that to look at while my scale taunts me. o.o;;

It's weird. March, I lost one pound. That's right, I busted my butt and ate within my calories Every Single Day, and lost a whopping one pound. April, I hurt my knees and was benched. I lost like crazy. May, I'm re-allowed to exercise, so I get cardio in every other day, and weights on the opposite day. I lost 2 pounds. That's right, the weight loss I posted in the last week of the month was the ONLY loss I saw all month. The trend seems to continue into June. I'm losing inches like crazy, but the scale says I'm not doing a thing. I'm glad to see the inches go, don't get me wrong. But I'd really like to NOT weigh 200+ for the rest of my life. >.<;;;
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm new can I join??? Dont know how it works but this I's my 2nd week trying to loose weight.. Last week I was 174 this week I'm 172.4.. I'm 5"5 goal I's 140.. And I need inspiration so add me!! Lol

Added.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    ***For People Looking to Join***

I need your weight from May 23rd, and 30th if you have it, and you need to weigh-in with us on Mondays.:flowerforyou:
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Congrats on making it into the 2teens and on your first 5k!