Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Ok this might go down in history as being the silliest question ever asked here.

I seem to remember my friend telling me that a newborn babies bum is too sensitive for wipes. What do you guys use to clean their bums? She told me that she just used face cloths, but wouldn't you need like a tonnnnnn of them?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Steph hooray. So.excited for you stay positive it will work out

Ronya Hubby has always gone to the kids appointments so he can handle the shots I'm too emotional

Bethe you're in great shape and hello you just had Wade it took you 9 months to put the weight on it will take time for it to come off

Rachel. I've always used wipes but the sensitive ones we all have sensitive skin
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ok this might go down in history as being the silliest question ever asked here.

I seem to remember my friend telling me that a newborn babies bum is too sensitive for wipes. What do you guys use to clean their bums? She told me that she just used face cloths, but wouldn't you need like a tonnnnnn of them?

I just used the cheapest baby wipes I could find for DS and never had any issues at all. Probably depends somewhat on the baby...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I think a lot of people use wet cotton balls for the first few weeks (or those round or square cotton ball like things). Wet paper towels would probably also work (I imagine you'd want to use the softer ones). Right?

Since we plan to go the cloth diaper route, we're going the cloth wipe route as well. I made some 2 sided cloth wipes - 1 side micro terry, 1 side flannel. I'm thinking I'll also just get a bunch of baby washcloths to use for pee-only diaper changes because they're super cheap and that means I don't have to sew anymore (my sewing machine is being a jerk).
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Question for the post delivery mommas: How long post baby birth did you wait to start cutting back your calories? I plan to breastfeed and dont want to deny Baby S anything she would need, but I know at some point I will have to get back on the reduced calorie plan. I am just trying to figure out when I start it again.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me find some things for Aubrey's photoshoot tomorrow? I need to find a swimsuit, towel, and glasses that kind-of match or at least compliment each other. The hardest part is the swim suit. I need a 0-3 month but most that I see out there are at least for 6 months and up. :grumble: I understand why... but geesh.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Question for the post delivery mommas: How long post baby birth did you wait to start cutting back your calories? I plan to breastfeed and dont want to deny Baby S anything she would need, but I know at some point I will have to get back on the reduced calorie plan. I am just trying to figure out when I start it again.

I started immediately and Brooklynn has gone from 8 lbs 3 oz to nearly 13 lbs in 9 weeks so she definately gets everything she needs.. I set my weight loss goal to 1 lb a week and I add nursing mother to my food diary. It comes out as a negative 500 calories which you eat back. As long as you are getting plenty of breast milk I see no harm, I also take prenatal vitamins, vitamin c, and 1200 mg of calcium with vitamin d. Dr also recommend trivisol which is a multivitamin for breastfed babies but it smells disgusting, stains everything and made her puke so I just skip it. Once you introduce baby to solids your nursing calories goes down to just 300 and gets lower the less you nurse.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Can anyone help me find some things for Aubrey's photoshoot tomorrow? I need to find a swimsuit, towel, and glasses that kind-of match or at least compliment each other. The hardest part is the swim suit. I need a 0-3 month but most that I see out there are at least for 6 months and up. :grumble: I understand why... but geesh.

Have you tried childrens place? I got one at Target in the baby section where you would find onesies and stuff they only had 2 kinds though, the ones in the clothing department were all 6 months
  • jw17695
    Options

Have you tried childrens place? I got one at Target in the baby section where you would find onesies and stuff they only had 2 kinds though, the ones in the clothing department were all 6 months

I tried both of those places today with no luck. :frown:
  • jw17695
    Options
    Here is another kind of random question. If you are breastfeeding and working out, do you buy a regular sports bra? Or are we supposed to wear a nursing sports bra? (Do they even make those?)
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    Cross post between boards...

I came across a beautiful quote tonight and I just had to share

A baby
    Will make love stronger,
    Days shorter,
    Nights longer,
    Bankroll smaller,
    Home happier,
    Clothes shabbier,
    The past forgotten,
    and the future
    Worth living for.
  • joonzgurl
    Options

I think a lot of people use wet cotton balls for the first few weeks (or those round or square cotton ball like things). Wet paper towels would probably also work (I imagine you'd want to use the softer ones). Right?

Since we plan to go the cloth diaper route, we're going the cloth wipe route as well. I made some 2 sided cloth wipes - 1 side micro terry, 1 side flannel. I'm thinking I'll also just get a bunch of baby washcloths to use for pee-only diaper changes because they're super cheap and that means I don't have to sew anymore (my sewing machine is being a jerk).

So crafty julie! It's inspiring.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello everyone, thank you for all your congratulations and good wishes, we are still on cloud 9 here!

I just used sensitive baby wipes and never had any problems with them. I prefer the ones enriched with cocoa butter which smell good enough to eat!

Any news on Mel???
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    JW - check old navy. I got Baby S the cutiest 0-3m swimsuit there and it was actually a reasonable price.

And congrats Steph (sending you good vibes that it sticks)!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Steph - congrats. That's wonderful news :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Mel had the baby. 6lbs 2oz. No name yet and she did manage to deliver vaginally. Woohoo
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Sheri - Yes, I'm hoping it was just a fluke and that all will be ok from here on out.

Steph - Yay, congratulations!!

Carina - You're next babe!!

Bethe - I dread taking the before picture, h*ll I dread taking any picture right now!! :laugh: Ever notice that I cover my face in all of my belly shots? Yea, that's on purpose! Use the feeling you have now as motivation. I've seen your after pics in your profile - you look amazing - and you WILL be there again!!! You're doing great Bethe, keep up the good work!!

Ronya - I've had a couple of times like that where I've felt dizzy or light headed. Hoping you don't have any more and that you feel better!

Rachel - A co-worker of mine had to use the cotton swabs like Julie was saying, because her daughter had a reaction to all kinds of store bought wipes. I thought about making my own wipes, there are tons of different recipes online. I think it's the same with diapers, some kids are fine with any brand, others are sensitive to certain ones. Unfortunately only one way to find out. Not a silly question at all!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Steph -- Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months. :smile:

Lynn -- Um, ever notice I totally cut my head completely off in all my bump pictures? :laugh:

My nesting instinct has apparently died. Well, my want to do it is still there and the mental list of what needs to be done keeps getting longer and longer. My will to actually do any of it all has been crushed by the heat, I think.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – you’re so much better than me. I don’t have patience to make diapers or wipes, my laziness wins out over the environment. :laugh:

Lynn – you’re not the only one who tries to hide her face in pictures!

I was determined to get so much done around the house today. I went to the early church service so I’d have the whole day to clean and organize and now all I want to do is nap! :ohwell:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    double post!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Congrats Steph! That is wonderful news!

I am so annoyed with my Parenting- Early Years subscription. I signed up for 2 years for $12. I ended up getting April's issue in May and May's issue in June, both of which had coupons in them that I would liked to have used but where already expired when I got them. Annoying! I ended up looking up my subscription info online and they are counting those two issues towards the 24 I paid for! OH H@LL NO! I sent them a curt e-mail expressing my unhappiness with their service. Hopefully it gets fixed and my June issue gets here... I don't know... in June maybe? I'm used to getting magazines a month before, so they are really messing up. Plus they promised me a free diaper bag and I have never gotten that. Just my gripe for the weekend!

Everything else is good here. Just keep wondering if little Miss Emma has decided to flip back over for Mommy. It would be nice to get an ultrasound on Wednesday and find out that she is not breech. Win, Win!