SAHM 6/1-6/30

Options
Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Since the summer months has us slowed down, we are starting monthly threads instead of weekly threads.

Previous thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247016-sahm-5-23-5-29

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Barb ~ Thanks for starting the thread!

Welcome new girls! I hope the once a month thread will make it easier for you!

MamaCorn ~ My hubby is in the military too :) Welcome to our little corner of MFP :)

My big weekend celebration was awesome!! Gorgeous weather, fabulous company, and great kids! Carter ended up with the stomach flu Sunday morning, it was totally like him...saying 'welcome to the 30s mom!" lol It was a far departure from the last time I went camping for my birthday weekend when I turned 18...you can only imagine what I did when I was 18 ;-P

a few pics for you:

my new suit from my hubby:
    DSC_8062.jpg

on the hiking trails:
    253495_10150197836280822_528815821_6834098_4601875_n.jpg

248128_10150197833510822_528815821_6834055_4956807_n.jpg

246734_10150197835640822_528815821_6834089_2337365_n.jpg

I did not eat healthy, and I just enjoyed myself. Came back with TOM, so I haven't weighed in yet. The important thing is that i'm back on track, right? :) Hopefully I can check in more often now!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Katie-Your swimsuit is very cute! Happy Birthday too!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Barb, thanks for starting the thread!

MamaCorn and Katie--my hubby is military too :) We are Navy, stationed in Norfolk.

Katie--that suit is too cute! Hope you had a great birthday and an awesome trip! The pictures of you and your boys are wonderful.

I started the month off "right" by logging everything I ate, planning my calories and workout for the day. Hopefully I can keep that up for the rest of the month. Went to step class today and hit it hard--felt a little sick afterwards from having been outside in the heat and then in the pool with the family all afternoon, then into the a/c gym, then getting all worked up during class and then it being frigid cold again as soon as I stopped moving. Hopefully it is just my body getting used to the warmer weather.

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you all soon!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wildcat-WTG on the loss last week (Sorry I missed it). :blushing:

Welcome 2BabyMama, HeatherFeather10, and mama_corn. Hoping I didn’t miss anyone, if I did, Welcome to our group! Can’t wait to get to know everyone! :flowerforyou:

Katie-Not a problem, I figured you were still trying to recuperating from the weekend.

I didn’t do too bad over the weekend like I thought I would, I did however have more soda on Monday than I planned on, but I have been on track the rest of the week so far with the water. For those who may also be trying to kick the soda habit, I did start a little thread to help each other with motivation, feel free to join in with me and a few others! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253057-june-challenge-kicking-the-soda-habit :drinker:

I had a pretty good weekend, we at least got our 5 year anniversary pics and family pics taken on Sunday…My little guy didn’t want his picture taken very much on Sunday, so we didn’t get his 1 year pics done, but will schedule another time. I can’t wait to see our pics…..My step-sister does all of our professional pics and she does an awesome job every time!

That’s about it for now. Gonna go do a little cleaning before bed.
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Beautiful weather today in Southern Ontario - so I went for a 30 minute walk....along the way I ran some outdoor stairs (5 times), made myself stop at every bench I came across and do 5 push ups, did some pushups and stretching on the grass and headed home.
    I feel great!!!!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    I am a SAHM to identical twin boys- 18 months old- with Down syndrome. My boys are COMPLETELY amazing and wonderful but I find myself really struggling somedays to put me in the line to take care of- let alone putting me first! I worked two very active jobs before I had kids and I am finding it WAY more difficult to lose weight now that I am home. How do you find the time to exercise and do dishes and play and do the physical therapy and speech therapy and occupational therapy and support the hubby who is in school and working 3rd shift?? I never thought it would be so hard to balance everything. I am NOT whining! On the contrary I feel ecstatic there is a group for SAHM on MFP!

My current weight is 206 and my first goals is 199. I think my ultimate goal is 145 though I think I set it at 135 on my ticker.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, been a total slacker here. Summer just has me running with the kids all day long. I'm not really getting time to log or exercise consistently, but I do what I can when I can. We've been walking everyday that we can and biking in the driveway. I hope everyone else is doing well!!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, Can I join in? I'm a SAHM mama of five kids, ages 1 to 8. For the first time in 9 years I'm taking the time to take care of my body (for some reason other than it's incubating someone else. LOL)

MrsMatt, I've got a third-shift hubby too, and since I'm homeschooling the kids, that takes up some time and energy. None of my kids are special needs, but I've found the same problems with trying to do workouts -- or even prepare healthy food for myself, or drink water, or even go to the bathroom! -- with them around, needing something from me periodically.

Doing shorter workouts can help. Right now I can manage to squeeze the 30 Day Shred in in the afternoon, which is 20 minutes, but I just got a Moms Into Fitness Bootcamp DVD that has several 10 minute work outs, because many moms just don't have a longer block of time than that. But maybe you could do some in the morning, and some in the evening - spread it out over the day, but still get the time in? Doing work outs that involve your boys might help too, there are mom-and-kid yoga videos, etc ... even vigorous play with them counts as calorie burn, if you're getting your heart rate up. Just do what you can, and let the rest go. Your marriage is important, and of course your kids are highest priority - but there are almost certainly ways you can take care of yourself too. The juggling can be tough -- or at least it feels that way, it feels like there's just no way to do it, and then it's easy to get discouraged before you ever really get started. That's the story of the last several years for me! But it can happen, just keep doing what you can, even if it's just 10 push ups before your shower, and you'll figure it out as you go along.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Mamas! I think I've decided to try to walk first thing in the morning. With the weather being so nice, the air felt really good when I took the dog out earlier. That way, I'll have no excuses as the day gets busier. What do they say--put your big rocks in first before your jar is full!

Today is crazy errands day. Oh, joy!

My hubby wants to do Ethiopian food for his birthday this weekend. It's generally very diet-friendly, except the bread it comes with, which of course makes the meal. We're going to have to go for a loooooooonnnggg walk on the Boardwalk afterward to shake off some of those calories.

Have a great day!
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    Hi!

We're military, too! We're stationed in NEW JERSEY (anyone else?!)

I'm a SAHM and over the last 4+ years I've seem to have taken the back seat to putting myself anywhere near the top of the pecking order. I think it is common, right?! Well, I was reading a book a couple of weeks ago, and one of the characters was talking about putting herself first and she called it the, "summer of ME". So, I, too, was inspired to do the same. I have a girls' weekend coming up in the middle of July and I decided that I was NOT going to be the only one in a skirted bathing suit, so I put my walking shoes on and officially started the summer of ME!

I began working out using the Slim in 6 series a few weeks ago, started counting my calories and walking 3+ miles. I've already lost 4 pounds, toned up, and am feeling GREAT! The summer of ME is off to a great start!

Anyway, it's hard to stay motivated some days, but I have a goal in mind and I'm going to reach it! Good luck to everyone on here and hopefully we can keep each other going!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks Holly!

KC ~ Had a great weekend, thanks :) My parents were stationed in Norfolk back in the day LOL. My dad only did 4 years and got out.

Barb ~ Good luck getting rid of soda!

Heather ~ Sounds like a great workout!

MrsMatt ~ first, your sons are ADORABLE!! Second, welcome to the board! Do your boys nap at the same time? I know that may possibly be your only down time, which is hard to give up, but maybe that's when you can fit in a little movement?

Nicole ~ I think just staying active is key, and if you carry your daughter around like that in your pic, then I'd say you are getting plenty of exercise!! ;-P

Welcome Colleen!

Nicole(Victorious) ~ Have fun celebrating your husband's birthday!

Rachel ~ Welcome! Are you at McGuire? I have a good friend that moved here (Wright-Patterson) from there, and another friend who is moving there from Alabama, packing up the pods as we speak!

No run today, the oldest decided he is going to be sick. He's just acting very strange :-/ well, better get off my booty and clean this kitchen!
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Katie- I really like your swimsuit! Then again I always like other people's swimsuits and dislike mine.

KC- My husband is in the Navy too and we are stationed in San Diego...tough I know. :wink: He's a lifer so we are out here for a while.

Barb- Props to you for giving up pop!

Welcome to all the new comers to the board!

I don't know what has been up with me lately but I am SO tired lately! I worked out yesterday and usually that gives me energy but this time it didn't. I think I am due for that time of the month but I am usually never this tired. Today Is an off day so I won't be working out but I might do some yoga before bed.

My son is on a Toy Story kick and we have watched Toy Story & Toy Story 2 over and over. He sings along to the songs...hilarious to hear. We recently got a trailer that attaches to my bike so we might go for a bike ride today. It's beautiful outside today!

Well, I better eat some breakfast. Hope everyone has a marvelous day! :smile:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Heather-wtg on the exercises along the walk and the walk! I should try that sometime, see how I do! :smile:

Welcome mrsmatt10808! I totally understand about balancing life out along with diet and exercise! I have 1 daughter, 7 yrs, and a son, 13 months, and my husband is a 3rd shift truck driver, and it does make life a little hard. :flowerforyou:

PNC-Things happen, sometimes we just forget to get on and check in with our friends but if you still logging and checking in to MFP, don't worry, we all have those days. :smile:

Welcome Colleen! I see you and mrsmatt also have 3rd shift working hubbies! :flowerforyou:

Welcome JoeyandChase! :flowerforyou:

Thanks Katie and mama! So far, I'm doing great again! Hubby and I went out to lunch this afteroon, and I ordered water instead of soda! Yay me! I can do this! :drinker:
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Thanks Katie and mama! So far, I'm doing great again! Hubby and I went out to lunch this afteroon, and I ordered water instead of soda! Yay me! I can do this! :drinker:

Pop is my weakness too... well actually just Pepsi!!! I've gone 5 days without Pepsi - I did buy Pepsi Max (0 calories) but only drank half a can, either my body didn't want it or its just not the same.

I joined Curves today (I got a really good deal for 3 months) and went in for my initial assessment today - and as I knew I would be... I am in within my weight, BMI and Body Fat for my height - so its all about toning what I got. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to get a good workout here, but all the machines are resisitance and double positive machines (work 2 muscle areas) and it really is about how much you put into it. You give it your all and you're going to feel it - so I am excited to get to my workout tomorrow and see where this takes me.
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    I am at McGuire! We live in Delanco, NJ (about 30 minutes away).
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    I cut out sprite ~ i was drinking like 8 a day! YIKES! now i've replaced it with water and haven't missed it at all! i will still have one at dinner every once in a while, but only 1. it's mind over matter and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    JoeyandChase / Rachel - Welcome! I've been at home for just about 2 years and yes, putting yourself last seems to be the order of the day. Have a great girls weekend! I've been trying to get my girls together for six months now. It's getting ridiculous.

Katapple - Hope your son is feeling better, and acting normal! They all go through their little phases...

Bluerose9483 - I "hear" that the more water you drink, the more you want...but unfortunately I wouldn't know! :wink: Congrats on your good choice.

HeatherFeather - Let us know how Curves goes. They've been expensive in my neck of the woods so I haven't had the opportunity to check them out.

Today is my hubby's b-day. He wants to go to the movies, where the evil buttered popcorn is; and then to a NASTY Asian buffet where I won't be able to eat anything. Oh, joy!

Yesterday, I was 0.6 lbs away from my goal, but this morning, I'm weighin it at 6 whole lbs heavier. :explode: There's no way I gained that much overnight. I don't know what's going on, but something's gotta give!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    Thanks Victorious_One! I hope you and your husband enjoy his birthday! Don't get discouraged ~ scales are a funny thing! Take a deep breath and continue on your journey! Today is another day to get it right...and, so is tomorrow! :wink:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Heather-Pepsi is my weakness too! I always drink Pepsi and when I was in high school, I was a Mt Dew addict. And every now and then I do drink Pepsi max, but its usually 1-2 cans, otherwise, especially lately all I have been wanting is water and I've been doing a great job with the water since I've been mixing in those crystal light packets (only 10 calories a packet), I've been doing a great job. I weigh in tomorrow and had I not had Soda on Monday (Memorial day) I would be working on 2 weeks with no soda, but I couldn't resist.

Rachel-Thanks, I know I can do this and now if I can convince my hubby the same thing, we'll be good in our house with no soda! He's a third shif truck driver and he doesn't buy soda while he's on the road, like he use to, he now gets juice, water, or lemonde. But at home here with the inlaws, if he knows its upstairs he'll drink it. My mother in law has no intention of stopping the soda.

Nicole-Thanks, so far I'm going strong with this.....nothing is going to stop me this time, I've ried before to get rid of it and now I'm in that mood, I want it gone more than anything! I can do this!

Today so far has been a pretty good day. Got up this morning and walked around our riverwalk, which is 2.5 miles. Every time I came across a hill either up or down, I would jog it. Felt good! Tomorrow is weigh in, a little nervous, but I think I will have a loss!
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options

HeatherFeather - Let us know how Curves goes. They've been expensive in my neck of the woods so I haven't had the opportunity to check them out.

Yes, Curves can be pricey, fortunately I was able to get a 3 month unlimited access for 79.00 and seeing how its just a 5 minute walk away - I couldn't resist. I was able to take advantage of this through a WAG JAG deal - not sure if you have them in your area - but they have amazing deals. I was also able to get one for Kettlecore Bootcamp as well (8 weeks) for 59.00 - that starts at the end of June.