Innocent things your spouse or SO do that ANNOY you to no en

Options
Fat_Bottomed_Girl
Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
-GRRR!

We have a hook that we hang our bathroom towels on to let them dry after taking a shower. MOST people would hang theirs from the middle, letting the towel drape on both sides. My boyfriend hangs his LONGWAYS from the END, driving me CRAZY, when in all actuality it probably makes better sense to the the towel dry more quickly. -It just looks funny and I'm tempted to change it every time. Sigh... Instead, I will choose to pick my battles! ;)

Replies

• light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    >snicker<

I understand. For me it's the way clean towels are folded. There's a very small "cupboard" space that the towels go in in my bathroom. There aren't any doors on this little area, so it's always visible. I have to have the towels folded once the long way, then folded horizontal in threes. It's then rolled once and stacked neatly in a little roll that looks like a tube. My ex used to fold them twice, once vertical and once horizontal and stuff them in the space next to my neat towels. Drove me nuts. I mentioned it to some women I used to work with and they all looked at me like I was nuts. "Well at least he's folding them" :huh: yea but......but....I'm anal about stuff like that!!! A very small thing, but I understand your irritation :)
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Our towels are ALSO visible and "rolled". :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Cut me off every time I'm speaking
    Breathe loud when I'm trying to sleep
    Leaves every light on in the house even when we aren't home
    Super duper passive aggressive
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    toe nail clippings on the living room floor
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am neat freak and he will not compromise. And by compromise I mean start being a neat freak like me so I don't go insane. Ok, so I don't expect that much but he NEVER wipes crumbs off the counters, leaves his beard hairs in the bathroom sink after shaving :sick: , leaves his mail and papers on the floor, on the microwave, and basically everywhere except the desk. Long story short, he is messy and it drives me batsh!t. He is lucky he has everything else going for him...mostly
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I am neat freak and he will not compromise. And by compromise I mean start being a neat freak like me so I don't go insane. Ok, so I don't expect that much but he NEVER wipes crumbs off the counters, leaves his beard hairs in the bathroom sink after shaving :sick: , leaves his mail and papers on the floor, on the microwave, and basically everywhere except the desk. Long story short, he is messy and it drives me batsh!t. He is lucky he has everything else going for him...mostly

OH yeah, my wife is a slob too. I feel your pain! lol
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    hmmm maybe the proper question would be.. what does your spouse do that DOESN"T annoy you... my answer to that..
    abso-freaking-lutly NOTHING. :explode:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Always, always, always, leaves her keys in the door when she gets home first, leaves all the lights on everywhere, and If she has the radio on and leaves the house, she leaves the radio on. I'm sure her list woul dbe a lot bigger than mine!!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    His socks are EVERYWHERE. He just leaves them wherever he takes them off, he never takes them upstairs to the hamper. Same with his clothes, if he takes them off downstairs he leaves them on the stairs and doesn't bring them up. I'm like, you had to step over your clothes to go up the stairs to go to bed, how much harder would it have been to bend down and pick them up?
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Farts so loud and long it wakes me up in the middle of the night...And let not even get into how bad they smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    well I no longer have a spouse but my daughter is home for the summer from college and she is forever leaving every single light on, leaving the front door wideeeeeee open when she leaves for her summer class (hello I am in bed alseep anyone could just walk in) , puts the dishes in the sink instead of putting away the clean dishes in the dishwasher and loading the dirty ones into it... would make too much sense. Overloads washing machine and it gets off balance or blows a power switch lol every time... sighs counts the days till she moves back on campus! lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My hubby works alot I wish he was here more to annoy me lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    hmmm maybe the proper question would be.. what does your spouse do that DOESN"T annoy you... my answer to that..
    abso-freaking-lutly NOTHING. :explode:

:laugh:

My hubby will over stuff the kitchen trash to the point where you can't close the door it's in. Does he ever empty the trash???? No. :indifferent:
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Two words: DUTCH OVEN.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Awww. LMAO.

It's gotta be the snoring. Although, since we've been eating better it's not as bad as it once was -- we're talking full force tornado ripping through a balsa wood barn filled with rabid cows sorta loud snoring. I can survive the night in the same room with earplugs now.

He still, however, does his sleep zombie impressions; "naaaaaaaaaaar, NAAAAAAAAR" which scares the everliving *kitten* out of me. Coupled with the sleep-wrestling moves like clothesline-to-the-t*ts sorta crap. *sigh* I'm really not so sure how "innocent" those things are... I'm thinking that's more a type of legal torture.

*gives the knowing look about the towels*
    I think I've managed to train him on the correct way to fold the towels now. It used to be folded once vertically. HELLO, my dear numbnuts?! Thanks for making me re-fold when I want to hang it on the towel rail.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ok so I will pinpoint one..

Shoveling heaping forkfullsof food into his mouth, then proceeding to chew like a cow, then after our daughter scolds him for chewing with his mouth open, he tries to eat with it closed but he had shoveled so much damn food in there its newar impossible. I swear he is the only person in the world I can hear eating ice cream from a different room.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    smokes cigarettes. :sick:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't like the way he loads the dishwasher. I put all the forks together, all the knives together, etc. and line up the bowls and plates in an orderly fashion. He just sticks it all in willy-nilly. But I appreciate him loading it too much to really complain about it.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    lol hah this is a funny post... mainly because we are all complaining about them and I am sure they have a list just as long. lol

My husband whistles really loud along with the music in the car when he doesn't know the words. It hurts my ears.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    and u my friends, remind me why im single! LOL. i cant handle the things other people do! its bad enough that i do some dumb stuff, i dont think i could handle someone else's.