NTHG 2-week challenge

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, Jen, Little Caesar's isn't th worst, but I don't think pizza ever makes the approved foods list, darnit! So if your splurge is cuban food and skinny margs tomorrow, you might as well skip the pizza. If anyone gives you a hard time you can just say you had pizza for lunch:tongue:
    Thanks for the movie reco, I think we are going to see Martha Marcy May Marlene, the younger Olsen plays a woman who runs from a cult. Will let you know if it is any good. Looks like I will see The Help on Sunday too.
    My goal for the weekend is to work out every day stay under on cals!
    Have a great weekend and good luck!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Today was so much better!!! I'm so happy :) I didn't over stuff myself, but I was able to eat decent sized meals without feeling sick at all... I even had some snacks! So relieved I can't even explain it :)

Jen - I agree with Amy.. I'd skip the pizza and enjoy the cuban food!!

Reese - Good job on getting rid of some candy!! I thought we were free and clear of having any candy in the house since we handed out play-doh and pretzels, but my grandmother just brought over all the candy they had left over!! I'll have to do my best to resist!

Amy - That recipe looks so good! I'll have to adjust it to a vegetarian recipe :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm sure I'll be checking in at some point :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Quick check in...I resisted the pizza, cake and ice cream!!! Woot!!! :smokin:
  • amysj303
    Options
    well, the weekend was not great!
    Good: worked out Fri, Sat, and Sun
    Bad: Food
    Friday night spaghetti and meatballs, which I thought was a better choice than pizza but I am not sure. Saturday we went out with friends and shared a bunch of small plates. I don't think I ate that much but no idea about cals. Scale was up 2 lbs today. I had a box of Junior mints and fried chicken.
    I liked the movies I saw Martha Marcy May Marlene was kinda spooky. The Help was enjoyable, it was different from the book but they did a good job with it.
    I am somewhat prepared for the week. Got greek yogurt for breakfast, chicken breasts and salad for lunch, pork chops and sweet potato for dinner tomorrow but the rest of my dinners are up in the air.
  • shander7
    Options
    Jen - Congrats on resisting all of that!! Awesome job :)

Amy - Great job on working out all those days :) Your food choices don't seem too bad! The 2 lbs is probably from the sodium in the small plats and the pasta dish, it'll come off I'm sure! Your choices for the week so far seem great as well :)

I have my appetite back and it feels good :) On Saturday night I dodged a bullet with food! Bf wanted to go to Applebees for dinner before going to see a play a friend directed, and we would have done the 2 for $20 deal which would have been killer since I would have had the 3 cheese penne!) But the wait was way too long, so we went to a local place on campus instead. I was able to have a cold veggie wrap, and I know the wrap wasn't the healthiest, but inside was only lettuce, carrots, peppers & tomatoes... all in all it was a much better choice!! Yesterday I didn't do as well as Jen though! It was a family bday party and I couldn't resist the cake, ice cream & deli pizza :( I did only eat half a portion of cake and just a small scoop of ice cream though!! Next weekend will be tough, my family is having an early Thanksgiving, so there will be tons of delicious and fattening food!! Hopefully I can remember portions though! I'm going to do Jazzercise 3x this week (Mon, Tues, Wed) and then hoping to do 30DS Thurs & Fri.. This is how I'm planning on doing it in my head.. hopefully I can make myself do it!! (Feel free to yell at me to do it on Thurs & Fri!!)

Happy Monday everyone!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Amy, glad you got your workouts in and the movies were good!!
    Shannon, so glad you have your appetite back. And don't worry about the bday party food...you didn't eat much last week, so it should even out ;)

Well...I did good Friday and Saturday, but Sunday I blew it and the scale is up 2 lbs today from Fri :sad: Here's the run down -

I had my grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries, but the hubby ordered onion rings and I ate half of them. I resisted bday cake again and was so proud boasting about it on the way home. Got home and ate 2 bowls of ice cream :huh: Went and did weights, came home and chowed on tortilla chips and hummus. Sigh. It's Monday and I have to get a grip...I have my birthday festivities starting with a lunch at an Indian buffet Thursday!!! ahhhhh!!!

Hope you all are doing well though, lol!!!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Jen, what's good at an Indian buffet? I never know what to get! Sorry the scale isn't being nice to you! Hope you have a great birthday!
    I think I am going to do 30DS everyday this week. I have Friday off from work so I might take the day off from exercise, we'll see...
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Amy - I've only been once and all I can remember is naan bread, curry and chicken tikka. I'll let you know when I go!!! Sounds like you have a good workout plan. Fri off of work and exercise sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy!

Today is well so far...cardio done and weights done!
  • shander7
    Options
    Woo! I had a great Health Risk Assessment!! I had great blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol readings :) She tested my body fat with an electronic Omron tester and it said that my BF% was 14.2%!! I know it isn't completely accurate, but do you guys know how accurate they usually are?? Let me know if you do!! My weight was good, even though they took it with my clothes and shoes on, but I was ok with what it said! This puts me in a good mood for the day :)

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is keeping well with things! I'm sad I've been missing so much :( I feel like I'm letting yall down! (I guess that's the accountability side of MFP?)

My birthday is in a month so I need to get going. I also have had a great mental and physical break while maintaining what progress I made. I going to go the KISS 3x a week with some cardio and circuit training classes on T/Th. I am doing maintenance for the rest of the week, then cutting for a few weeks, then increasing and cutting to see how my body reacts. I am doing this!!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    alright, Kate, you can do eet!
    I did the 30DS last night and was only over 30 cals, so I call that a success since I don't record exercise.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Woo! I had a great Health Risk Assessment!! I had great blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol readings :) She tested my body fat with an electronic Omron tester and it said that my BF% was 14.2%!! I know it isn't completely accurate, but do you guys know how accurate they usually are?? Let me know if you do!! My weight was good, even though they took it with my clothes and shoes on, but I was ok with what it said! This puts me in a good mood for the day :)

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
    Wow! that is impressive. I think they told me there was a 5% error rate, but even that puts you under 20%!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Shannon- congrats!! sounds like you are in tip top shape!! awesome bodyfat %age :drinker:

Amy, if you don't count your exercise cals, then you definitely did great!! Everyone is on a roll!!

Kate, welcome back! You got this girl! We will cheer you on :happy: (they need a cheerleader emoticon!)

The week is going good so far, taught my low impact class this morning, Have back and tris this afternoon, then it's my regular class right after. Hoping to get a good strength workout so I can be nice and sore tomorrow ;)

Hope you're all having a great day!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I did not workout last night because I didn't have a clean sports bra, which is a bad excuse, but really, that 30DS level 2 is a lot of bouncing-I always think Jillian is "this close" to a wardrobe malfunction-but anyway, I will workout Friday because I have the day off and I have to be there for the furniture repair person anyway.
    But I was pretty disappointed with my food, I went to a friends and budgetted a decent amount for spaghetti but afterwards I ended up chowing down on a bag chex mix while we watched Nurse Jackie. The thing is, I didn't even really want it and I wasn't even hungry since we just had dinner!
    I am trying to think about the Jamie Eason plan and strategies for sticking to the meals and acceptable foods list, but the socializing will be really hard for me!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    I did not workout last night because I didn't have a clean sports bra, which is a bad excuse, but really, that 30DS level 2 is a lot of bouncing-I always think Jillian is "this close" to a wardrobe malfunction-but anyway, I will workout Friday because I have the day off and I have to be there for the furniture repair person anyway.
    But I was pretty disappointed with my food, I went to a friends and budgetted a decent amount for spaghetti but afterwards I ended up chowing down on a bag chex mix while we watched Nurse Jackie. The thing is, I didn't even really want it and I wasn't even hungry since we just had dinner!
    I am trying to think about the Jamie Eason plan and strategies for sticking to the meals and acceptable foods list, but the socializing will be really hard for me!

When you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. Stick with your plan for Friday though!! I did terrible with my food too. After I closed my diary, I ate some almonds and dark mini chocolate chips and didn't add it! I still had cals leftover, but damn the scale was up this morning :angry: I don't know what I'm gonna do. Celebrations start tomorrow and I already saw on FB that my friend is making cupcakes :heart: I'm never gonna get back under 110 at this rate!!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Next week starts KISS. Doing okay eating this week (easy with maintenance cals) but my scale is out of batt so I need to get that taken care of!

Socializing is always the hard part for me too ;( and there's just going to be more and more and the year goes on! I just got invisalign so maybe that will keep me from grazing? I hope!
  • shander7
    Options
    The lovely Amy started us a group last night :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/499-not-that-heavy-girls
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WOW (on the group set up)! Impressive! Great job hooking it up!