NTHG 2-week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    congrats, Jen, on 111.2! I was at 112 this morning, but my hair was wet;)
    Will you share your fitness photo shoot pics?
  • lebigv
    lebigv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    118 to 111, boy, does your weight fluctuate, Jen.

Amy, is 112 your sweet spot? Happy that the 114 was a blip. Happy dreaming about Spain. I was in southern Spain last year. It is so easy to eat healthy in Spain ..... unlike France where the patisseries just make you go crazy- of course, every pound you gain in France is oh-so-delicious. But Spain is great with their tapas and jamon and wine and very limited desserts.

Weekend time! Fingers crossed for having a decent, non-binge-y weekend. I have been really good this week- I just need to be a good girl this weekend and I have no social commitments, so I have no excuse (other than my foodie bf sigh!).
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amy!! Yes, of course I will share...if they're good :tongue: lol!!

Tara - no kidding!!!! ya see how much I can fluctuate!!!! Crazy, huh!?!?! I've done that 2 weeks in a row!! 118-111. I vow this Monday, the scale will be 111 or less!!!! (Fingers crossed)!!

Weekends are definitely my downfall :grumble:

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!! I'm tired of doing damage control all week!! Let's kick this weekend's *kitten*!!:glasses:
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :) Just wanted to report on my weekend goals. My goals were:

1. to log - check, for the first time since June, I logged on the weekend :)

2. not to gain weight - check, I actually weighed less today than Friday morning

3. to be at least 111 or under - check, weighed 112 Friday morning and 110.6 this morning, I'LL TAKE IT!!!! This is huge for me because as you know, I've been 118 for the last 2 Mondays!!!!! Sheesh!!

So, this week, I have a lot of challenges ahead of me but I am going to deal with them one by one. Tues I have parent teacher conferences at school and will be there from 8-8 (they provide dinner but I intend to pack mine). Wednesday I have a potluck at work appetizers and tailgaiting food (again, will pack lunch) and Thursday is my hubby's birthday, so we are going out to dinner, but I will choose wisely!!! Then it's the weekend again!! Vicious cycle, lol!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic week ladies!!!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Nice job Jen! You inspire me

I am so glad that my schedule is not QUITE as crazy as it was these last 2-3 weeks, so I can focus on making good food choices and working out at least 4 days a week. Tonight I have a work meeting, and there is always too much food there (turns out auto repair managers don't really care about what they eat. For the most part). I will have to choose wisely tonight, and may even bring my own dinner, but we shall see.

For now, I'm off to go Zumba and grocery shop! Hope you all have a wonderful week!
  • lebigv
    lebigv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My weekly check-in
    My personal challenge was
    Get 5 workouts in- CHECK (This week is not going to be easy. But I think I am going to try for 3 workouts and 2 yoga classes and lift heavier during my workouts)
    4 non-grain days a week- CHECK (This was rough. I am going to try to continue with this)
    Not more than 5 alcohol servings per week- CHECK (whew! again will continue)
    Walk an extra mile or two everyday- CHECK (did it for 4 days- hope to do it this week as well)

The no-grain, no-alcohol is really working for me. I weighed two pounds lesser than last week (my 114lbs after a LONG LONG time and at 22% BF on Tanita scales)! Or maybe it was because today is post-TOM. Well, whatever, when my weight goes up, I'll cry, but for now, I am super-happy.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Here's my check in for last week (a bit late) and this week:

Last week:
    Was tough! I only did 3 of 5 work outs due to travel schedule and didn't eat the best (lost track of things thurs-sat). But it also wasn't the worst either. I need to work on keeping with my goals even when out of the ordinary things happen.

This week:

So far, pretty good. I have worked out 3 times this week and have met my goal having more veggies! Yesterday was little high on carbs and low on protein but I went out to eat last minutes with the BF and his mom so that's life.

Oh, additional goal: FINISH MY DAYS. I think that's part of my slacking is not finishing my logs!

Hope everyone else's weeks are going well...Taramistral, you're doing awesome!!!

Jenomaha, great job over the weekend! No easy feat for sure :)
  • jenomaha
    Options
    You are all looking great ladies!! Excellent work!

This has been a tough week for me. I don't know what my deal is, I didn't even log yesterday. I'm eating good meals, but not snacking as good as I could :ohwell: Workouts are going as planned.

My hubby has been stressed too and he's lost weight this week, I wish I had the response to stress...I tend to eat more :grumble:
  • chuisle
    Options
    I hear you jenomaha...my stress levels tend to make me eat/gain rather than lose. The only time I've lost is when I'm emotionally distraught. I lost 5 lbs in a week after a break up once. So not worth it. Ha

Still doing well! Got my 5th work out in which feels awesome (its been a while since I got my 5). I have also been a good carb levels all week!

New goals inspired by jenomaha:

- Log this weekend
    - Not gain weight!

Monday starts a new 2 week stretch for me. Time to start thinking of what I want to do for goals.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! How are your weeks going!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been pretty good at eating at/near calories! I don't know how this is working weight wise, but I will soon! Today I am buying myself a scale to keep at my bf's house :) This way I can only weigh on weekends and I won't get in trouble for having one at home!
    I only did 2 work outs this week, and yesterday's was hardly worth it! I probably only burned half the calories I normally do because the class was just terrible!

For the next 2 weeks I think I'm going to:
    - try and keep eating at/near calories and see how my weight goes
    - wake up and do planks to start my day off :) Even on weekends!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Jen- I know what you mean...my husband catching a bug and loses 5 lbs, he sweats while working out doors he loses 5lbs. Of course, he hates it because he's trying to gain muscle but for me, I'm like really?!

Great goals set up going into the weekend ladies! I've been slacking, well I'm not sure it's slacking more than it is I'm just not 100% yet. I had to do some blood work to see why I'm still feeling so icky and run down. We'll see. Going to try to move my @$$ this weekend since I won't have the stress/long days of work to wear me out! LoL.

Have a great weekend all.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Kate, great job with the carbs!!! Glad things are going well and good luck with the 5 workouts!!

Shander (what is your first name?!?!) Good idea on being able to see the scale only on the weekend! That damn scale is enough to drive one crazy :tongue: Ugh, and I know what you mean about workouts not being worth it! So frustrating!!

Reese, sorry to hear you are still not 100%!! Whatever it is that is out there is nasty...I am still having sinus issues, but definitely FEEL better. Hope you get some answers!

I did manage to get weights in 3 times this week and cardio 4 times, I'm happy with that.

Looks like everyone has a plan! I will continue with:

1. logging everyday (I think I did 4 or 5 out of 7 last week :frown: )
    2. eating at or near cal goal

Enjoy your Sunday!!!
  • shander7
    Options
    Shander (what is your first name?!?!) Good idea on being able to see the scale only on the weekend! That damn scale is enough to drive one crazy :tongue: Ugh, and I know what you mean about workouts not being worth it! So frustrating!!

My first name is Shannon :)
    I like your goals this week!! You can do it, even if you can't finish it that night, do it in the morning!!

I am LOVING having the scale!! I thought I had gained a bunch, but I'm still down at 108! I can't even tell you how good that made me feel :happy: Forgot my planks yesterday, so I'm going to do double today!

Happy football Sunday!!
  • shander7
    Options
    Aw, first double post! Sorry!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Shannon, awesome, good to know ;) Congrats on the weight!!! Feels like it will take me forever to get to 108 again...damn weekends!! and you can always do the planks anytime today!!

I FAILED this weekend! I started out great yesterday up through lunch and then I don't know if I just got bored or what, but I just kept grazing, never got in choreo, so I was way over goals. I didn't finish logging, but like Shannon said, I can put it intoday and I will.

You ladies have a great one!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!! Looks like we are setting up some good goals!

Shannon- Great job on the weigh in and on finding a way to keep track of that scale without letting it get in your way!

Jen-I'm sure you'll be killing it this week. Seems like you've got a plan in place - no doubt!

I got in my AM workout, DH is going to lift right when I get home so I can also get a run in later tonight. Should be a good day. I'm going back to Leangains for a bit to switch things up. Breakfast is a pain in the butt anyways and with no gym membership now, I'm not too worried about not getting in a big dose of protein after a morning workout. I've got lunch planned and dinner should be good since I did some grocery shopping this weekend. I'm excited for my run, got some new running pants so hopefully that annoying shorts riding up during a run thing can STOP being an issue. LoL.
  • chuisle
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I am going to continue with my goals from last week. Overall I did well, though the weekend was lax (as usual!) it wasn't a pig out either. I missed my morning workout but am determined make up for it/get it in somewhere!

Went shopping Friday and was happy with my body and what I was able to buy and wear. I was looking for jeans (none fit anymore!) and all the women at the store thought I was a size 2 and it turns out I was in at limited! (4 at express). It just felt nice and moreover I found a pair of jeans I looooooove. Sizes don't matter much, I know. And i'm not REALLY a size two. BUT I never thought I would be wearing jeans that size in any case so it felt good.

Welcome a new week, we can do it!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I'm Baaack;)
    Spain was awesome, we had such a great time but traveling yesterday wore me out.
    I have about 3.5 days to look good for the photo shoot so I am taking the diuretic to lose the water weight. Trying to eat clean but already failing this morning, I hadn't gone to the store and the office baker made toll house cookies. But my plan is to go to the store tonight and try to drink a ton of water and green tea, no bread and restrict calories.
    Any suggestions for exercise? I am not sure what I could manage that would make much difference...
  • shander7
    Options
    Welcome back amy!! I'm glad you had fun in Spain :smile: I would do lots of any exercise, maybe do some running and then either heavy lifting or body weight moves like push ups or planks? I would definitely do push ups and planks right before you take the pictures because that makes you hold your core tighter (yes, I read this in a teen magazine in high school :tongue: ) Make sure you stay away from sodium and maybe try to stay away from dairy too. Good luck!! I hope you post some pics from Spain on your profile soon :)

So far this week I've done planks every morning :) I know it isn't much, I'm only doing 1 minute, but I can DEFINITELY feel it! I've been eating pretty close to calories too, so that's good. I get to weigh in tomorrow morning again since I'm staying at my bfs, hopefully it will go well!

Happy hump day :)
  • chuisle
    Options
    Welcome back amy!! I'm glad you had fun in Spain :smile: I would do lots of any exercise, maybe do some running and then either heavy lifting or body weight moves like push ups or planks? I would definitely do push ups and planks right before you take the pictures because that makes you hold your core tighter (yes, I read this in a teen magazine in high school :tongue: ) Make sure you stay away from sodium and maybe try to stay away from dairy too. Good luck!! I hope you post some pics from Spain on your profile soon :)

This is true! Lunge around and do squats for this reason too! I DO think your muscles hold differently but at the least you will FEEL better :)