NTHG 2-week challenge

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
This is the thread for "not that heavy girls" to step it up and tone-up or drop those stubborn last pounds. If you want to join just state your name, your goals, and pick one or more challenges for yourself for 2 weeks based on things that help with the last few pounds, such as:

- eliminate 2 of your binge trigger foods, ie sugar, flour
- start weighing your food
- increase calories by 100-200 per day
- drop cardio and start strength training such as KISS
- Zig zag calories
- try IF
- start HIIT

I can start: Amy, 112 pounds, want to tone and decrease body fat, I plan to do the KISS workout 3 days per week and try to get 100 grams of protein and stay under maintenance cals. Also, I am not drinking beer.

Replies

• gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi, just bumping so I can find this post again. Will be back later with my stats and goals :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am so on-board with this Amy! I am Briana, trying to go from a pants size 6-8 to a 4-6 (I am done worrying about scale numbers per se since I've become more interested in building muscle and trimming up). My goals for the next two weeks are:
    1. Limit my coffee stand habit to one day per week and make if a treat, not a habit
    2. Strength train 3 days per week

That's it for now. Thanks for the challenge!:glasses:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Name: Reese
    Goals: Tone up & Decrease body fat
    Challenges: 1) Measure food to be sure my tracking is on par.
    2) Change goals to 40/40/20 to decrease fat intake
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I will strength train 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks and get 2 days of some other activity as well.

Does the week start Sunday or Monday?

Name: Ashley
    Goals: Forming and maintaining good exercise habbits.
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    Desiree
    153 lbs (goal weight 145)

Goal: Lose 2 inches from my waist (this is my biggest concern right now)

Challenge: Lower daily sugar intake, run more
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    BUMP! When are we starting? I might start today so that I can finish for a wedding I'm going to two week from today...

Name: Kate
    Goal: Break plateau in any way (inches, weight, body fat)

Challenge:

1. Don't go over on carbs for meals. Caveat: I don't count alcohol carbs. I know it's cheating but I'm 23 and very social.
    2. Zig Zag calories.

These may be difficult to put together : / I might just need to calculate on my own what my carbs should be for my goal.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I kinda feel like I have already started, but Friday is a weird day to start so you can start Sunday or Monday and I will try and get everyone on a list by then.
    2 weeks is not a lot of time to see major changes so try to really challenge yourself to stick with it for 2 weeks, no matter what your challenge might be, there's not room for cheating:wink: although we want results, success is determined only by the fact that you stick with it-no matter what IT is! for me, my "success will be three days of the KISS workout weekly, and 100 grams of protein each day.
    after the first two weeks we will see who is left and if we want to continue for another two weeks, try something new, etc.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up:

My name is Jen

Main Goals: 1. lose bodyfat to be within my maintenance range (18-20%)
    current bodyfat 21.8%
    2. see my abs!!!!

Challenge: 1. stay at/under carb allowance
    2. cut out extra sugar (not gonna worry about sugar from fruit though cuz the vitamins and phytonutrients come along with
    it naturally :)
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    My name is Natalya and my goal in general is to become more toned. I don't care about the scale or sizes really, both are fine where they are, but my arms for example squish out and look flabby when they're resting at my sides. They look good when flexing, but I want some consistent definition to them! I would use a body fat % goal but I have yet to get that tested.

2 week challenges:
    1. No alcohol!!! I think this will totally help me break my plateau. Gotta finish the wine in the house before Monday then ;)
    2. No processed foods. I've done this for like 3 days at a time, so 2 weeks will definitely be a challenge. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow to make sure I can stick to this without starving myself

Good luck! Thanks in advance for holding me accountable :)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this. I'm Melissa, I'm 5'3 and I inexplicably weigh 124 today but have the same measurements as when I was 119 (gain seemed to start when I was weight training). Anyway, I still want to try for the teens again. I started 6/1, but I already screwed up the first one so I am starting over today. I'm moving to a new city in July and want to show up fly!

1. eliminate 2 of your binge trigger foods, ie sugar, flour. No processed sugar and no chips

2. increase calories by 100-200 per day. I started this last week, went from 1200 to 1350 and am trying to average it out. I am also trying to incorporate fasting at least 1x per week.
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    OK I'm so ready to get started tomorrow! I've been slacking since we said we were starting Monday. I did manage to do all my workouts this week though.

Unfortunately when I went grocery shopping my fiance got to buy all sorts of yummy looking not-unprocessed foods that now I can't eat. Maybe I'll see how many I can squeeze in before challenge starts tomorrow... just kidding... maybe
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Thanks, Amy! Just what I need since my son is graduating in just over two weeks. My name is Stephanie, and my goal is to decrease body fat and tone up. My challenges are: 1) Eliminate alcohol; and 2) Get 7-8 hours of sleep. I am also starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow.

Looking forward to the challenge!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Wasn't sure if we had set a start date..so I'm going with Monday. I like starting fresh on the beginning of the work week plus today was my day off from workouts so I didn't stay as focused as I should have!! Stick with it ladies!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am going to try my best at this challenge, but clearly I wasn't thinking when I signed up. I leave for vacation on Thursday and may be traveling for work some next week. But....I will still do my best. I plan on strength training today and Wednesday and doing a little cardio tomorrow. I'm going to my sister's and she has a home gym, so it's possible to could get a 3rd day of strength in and I'm sure some kind of second day of some other activity. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey gals! I'm Shannon and I'm 110 (last I checked) and my main goals are to tone up my mid section. I can sort of see abs but still have a muffin top! For the next 2 weeks I plan on:

1. Eliminating chips and pretzles after dinner (binge foods!)
    2. Do bodyrock 3 times a week

I'll start today! I would say eliminate alcohol, but like chuisle, I'm 22 and very social :)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am going to try my best at this challenge, but clearly I wasn't thinking when I signed up. I leave for vacation on Thursday and may be traveling for work some next week. But....I will still do my best. I plan on strength training today and Wednesday and doing a little cardio tomorrow. I'm going to my sister's and she has a home gym, so it's possible to could get a 3rd day of strength in and I'm sure some kind of second day of some other activity. Hope everyone has a great week!

I am in the same boat a bit! I started the challenge on a day with my anniversary dinner, eek!

That said, I only went over on carbs on Friday (because of booze) but did on some cals/didn't zig zag.

I am going to change my goal since I am not sure I am totally on the zig zagging train in terms of sticking with it absolutely and don't want to make something a goal that I am not committed to...

New Goals:

1. Don't go over on carbs
    2. In addition to my 5 weekly work outs I want to add 10-15 minutes in the opposite part of the day (either morning or night depending on my workout schedule) for some extra ab work and push ups, etc. Maybe I'll see if I can youtube some 6 minute abs or something.
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, here is what I have so far (name, goal, challenge)
    Amy: want to tone and decrease body fat; KISS workout 3 days per week and try to get 100 grams of protein and stay under maintenance cals. No beer.
    Briana: trying to go from a pants size 6-8 to a 4-6; Limit my coffee stand habit to one day per week and make if a treat, not a habit, 2. Strength train 3 days per week.
    Reese: Tone up & Decrease body fat; 1) Measure food to be sure my tracking is on par. 2) Change goals to 40/40/20 to decrease fat intake
    Ashley: Forming and maintaining good exercise habits; strength train 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks and get 2 days of some other activity.
    Desiree: Lose 2 inches from my waist; Lower daily sugar intake, run more.
    Kate: Break plateau in any way (inches, weight, body fat); 1. Don't go over on carbs 2. 5 weekly work outs plus 10-15 minutes in the opposite part of the day (either morning or night depending on my workout schedule) for some extra ab work and push ups, etc.
    Jen: lose bodyfat to be within my maintenance range (18-20%), see my abs!; 1. stay at/under carb allowance 2. cut out extra sugar
    Natalya: become more toned; 1. No alcohol!!! 2. No processed foods.
    Melissa: try for the teens again; 1. eliminate processed sugar and no chips 2. increase calories by 100-200 per day. 3. fasting at least 1x per week
    Stephanie: decrease body fat and tone up; 1) Eliminate alcohol; and 2) Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Ripped in 30
    Shannon: tone up my mid section;1. Eliminating chips and pretzles after dinner (binge foods!) 2. Do bodyrock 3 times a week
    Ready, Set, Go!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am getting a bit of a rough start but so far I have not missed a day of the KISS workout. Saturday was the third one and it was tough. One legged squats and stability ball v-ups, ouch! Looking forward to today's workout! I brought my clothes so I can go to the gym. Food might be tough this week, I wasn't able to prepare much for the week, like my crustless quiche and grilled chicken. I wil lhave to go to the store tonight.
    I went to the butcher last week so I should have some good options for dinner, lots of protein.
    I got the Jillian Michaels protein powder (whey) and it tastes pretty good, only 15 grams of protein, though, but at 100 cals I could probably do two scoops and add milk.
    Yesterday and Friday I had beer but now I am not going to anymore for the two weeks.
    How is the week looking for everyone else?
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    I woke up this morning to a sick child and even sicker husband so I decided to stay home and take care of them today. That meant for me that I could get my workout done early instead of having to wait until I get home from work. So I took my older son to school and I just completed Ripped in 30, Day 1, Level 1, and since my son and hubby were sleeping to the tune of cold medicine, I also got in 30 minutes of Zumba Ripped. Yesterday I prepared some healthy choices for meals this week -- grilled chicken, brown rice, black and red beans, ground turkey, and I cut up some fresh fruit. So I'm off to a pretty good start :smile:
  • mamareese
    Options
    Measured out my breakfast and lunch today. Luckily my guesstimates haven't been off yet..but I'm sure the further into the week I get the more surprised I'll be by what I thought and what actually is. I think I'm going to have some trouble with the 40/40/20, only because I've got my protein up'd so carbs arent' sounding so good but that leaves my fat over some...we'll see...that's what a challenge if for right?? Trying to figure out how to meet your goals. So I've got to play around with what's in the fridge and freezer and get creative.