NTHG 2-week challenge

Options

Replies

• Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am joining a little late after an invite, its great to meet you all! I'm 5'3 and about 120. My main goal is to decrease body fat and increase muscle, and if I happen to lose 10 lbs on top of that, well that would be great.

Goals for this group: strength train 3 times a week in addition to my running training. On the food side, make sugar a once-a-week-treat, instead of a four times a week thing I'm on now! Yikes! And stay within my calories.
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Hey, everybody! I just completed my day 3 of Ripped. My one challenge to stay away from the alcohol has not been a problem even though I wanted to celebrate with a glass of wine today when I got the call after all grades were posted that my son is officially a high school graduate. It's just a formality, but still...

My other challenge was that I would get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Well, my other son and my husband are both sick so that's not been as easy. My son woke me up 3 times last night and the last time was at 4 a.m. and I get up at 5:00 :noway: ...so :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am joining a little late after an invite, its great to meet you all! I'm 5'3 and about 120. My main goal is to decrease body fat and increase muscle, and if I happen to lose 10 lbs on top of that, well that would be great.

Goals for this group: strength train 3 times a week in addition to my running training. On the food side, make sugar a once-a-week-treat, instead of a four times a week thing I'm on now! Yikes! And stay within my calories.
    welcome, glad you came!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Hey, everybody! I just completed my day 3 of Ripped. My one challenge to stay away from the alcohol has not been a problem even though I wanted to celebrate with a glass of wine today when I got the call after all grades were posted that my son is officially a high school graduate. It's just a formality, but still...

My other challenge was that I would get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Well, my other son and my husband are both sick so that's not been as easy. My son woke me up 3 times last night and the last time was at 4 a.m. and I get up at 5:00 :noway: ...so :drinker:
    Congrats on all-graduate son, third day of Ripped, avoiding the booze.
    I was not so good. I did the KISS workout and I upped my weight a little on everything except sumo deadlifts! Then I went to dinner, Vietnamese and I had a rice noodle bowl with grilled pork, which is probably not the best choice, but not too bad, but then when it came to drinks I ended going to the bar next door with my friend and had four coors lights!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    stephinow - congrats to your son and all your other accomplishments so far!

asjerven - don't let the one slip get you down, it could have been worse! You could have had 4 craft beers loaded in calories!

I went out to eat yesterday too, I think I did okay though.. I ordered a veggie wrap that had spinach, broccoli, tomato and peppers in a white wine lemon sauce and I had half of it with a side of cole slaw.. then I had a side salad with honey mustard and I had one drink.. I went a little over probably, but didn't pass maintenance, so I'm happy with it :)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I stayed under on carbs again but didn't get as much protein as I would have liked. Today is a lost cause due to afternoon ballgame and beer. Oh well! I'll try to be good one day this weekend, I am doing a run for charity with my dog sunday so that's my 5th exercise day :)

Also, I upped some of my weight on KISS...105 lbs sumo deadlift WITHOUT the smith machine (SO much harder...really if you're using one just stop.)
  • Stephinow
    Options
    @Amy and Shander7 - Thank you!!

I'm going to do Ripped today when I get home (as usual), but since I don't have to take my son to school anymore, I'm going to try and switch my workout time to the morning. Now, that does mean that I will have to do it tonight and then get up in the morning and do it again. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :wink:

Everyone is doing great! We're not perfect, but we are more focused and determined, and that's going to get us there!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've only just seen this thread but I am so in on this if it's not too late to join?????

I need some time to think about what I'm gonna do but I'll be back after my boxing class to post my goals and aims - yay!
  • amysj303
    Options
    hi, sunshine, nice to see you over here on the challenge thread for the "not-that-heavies"!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Congrats on all-graduate son, third day of Ripped, avoiding the booze.
    I was not so good. I did the KISS workout and I upped my weight a little on everything except sumo deadlifts! Then I went to dinner, Vietnamese and I had a rice noodle bowl with grilled pork, which is probably not the best choice, but not too bad, but then when it came to drinks I ended going to the bar next door with my friend and had four coors lights!

Haha its so hard to stop with one, isn't it? At least they were light! I mainly like dark beers...not so great. I just avoid bars mostly...which is a sad way to go about avoiding those calories and is driving my bf crazy! I already slipped too, had an enormous chocolate chip cookie at a lunch meeting with work...oops! I also fell asleep after doing ab work, but before strength training last night...think I'll have the stamina after a long run to do arms?
  • amysj303
    Options
    you can do arms! I am not feeling as sore as I thought I might after last night but no plans to workout tonight.
    I should have just had vodka-sodas last night, they might have cost more, but I might have had less of them!
  • sunshine79
    Options
    Right, just looked at my diary for the past week and whilst I've been much better at eating every 3(ish) hrs I've not been meeting my protein needs so my aims are:

- Strength train 3 x per week as heavy as I can (I'm doing NROLFW)
    - get at least 100g of protein EVERY day (even on the weekends)

My goals are to see either a reduction in weight, body fat percentage or inches

I'll count today in the challenge as I've managed to get the protein in :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    chuisle and shander, thank you!!

asjerven, like eskimoepie said, at least the beers were light and maybe next time you can go with the vodka :wink:

So my slip ups earlier this week put me in check!! I have had 2 great days in a row of eating. I have 2 strength days in and will get in my third on Saturday. Being accountable to you all is really helping...thank you for this challenge!!

You are all doing great!!!

Sunshine - how you liking NROLW? I completed that program and had great results...hope you are enjoying it as well!
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, what is NROLW?
  • sunshine79
    Options

Sunshine - how you liking NROLW? I completed that program and had great results...hope you are enjoying it as well!

I am LOVING it! I feel like super woman lifting those heavy weights:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and I'm feeling it in muscles that I never even knew existed. I'm half way through stage 2 so it's a little early to see any physical results yet but hearing that you had great results is really motivating. I am such a believer that intense strength training is the way forward

@ asjerven - it's New Rules Of Lifting For Women. A great book explaining the benefits of why women should lift like men to get lean. It also sets out a 6 month progressive weight training program to follow. Highly recommended
  • Stephinow
    Options
    Happy Friday! Okay, I did it, y'all!! I completed day 4 of Ripped yesterday after work, and I got up this morning and completed day 5!! YAY! Thanks to you all's encouragement and motivation, I was able to do it. Now, I'm happy I don't have to do it when I get home today, but I think I might do some Zumba. That doesn't feel like "exercise" to me so it's easy to do even after a long day at work. Jillian Michaels...not so much.
  • sunshine79
    Options
    Daily check in:

- workout = I managed to get my 3rd strength session in for the week - yay :happy: :happy: :happy:
    - protein = I'm unsure today as I ended up eating out which was unplanned???? Tomorrow I will do better with the food.:angry:

How you all getting on ladies?
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:

- workout = I managed to get my 3rd strength session in for the week - yay :happy: :happy: :happy:
    - protein = I'm unsure today as I ended up eating out which was unplanned???? Tomorrow I will do better with the food.:angry:

How you all getting on ladies?

Congrats, sunshine- I'm sure you chose a nice proteinaceous meal at the restaurant. I haven't had any sugar except what is in fruit so far an though I picked up a bag of chips at the store I put it down. I did eat a sample tortilla chip at the store cause I forgot :embarassed: doing well on calories, I think I'm better off not eating exercise cals and just having an average calorie range to shoot for
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I think this challenge is making everyone much aware of what needs to be worked on, whether it's nutrition or exercise. I can already see and feel a difference and it's a positive one!! After the Zumbathon tonight, they had cookies and brownies and I stayed away becuase I know sugar is my downfall. I saw them turned around and walked the other way, lol!! Disaster avoided!

Sunshine -great job getting the 3rd day in!

cutmd - great job putting the chips down!!!

Keep at it ladies!
  • sunshine79
    Options
    I think this challenge is making everyone much aware of what needs to be worked on, whether it's nutrition or exercise. I can already see and feel a difference and it's a positive one!! After the Zumbathon tonight, they had cookies and brownies and I stayed away becuase I know sugar is my downfall. I saw them turned around and walked the other way, lol!! Disaster avoided!

Sunshine -great job getting the 3rd day in!

cutmd - great job putting the chips down!!!

Keep at it ladies!

@ Jenomaha - Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm just like you, once I start with sugar I just can't stop. The Zumbathon sounds like great fun, I LOVE Zumba.

let's hope that Saturday is an even better day for us all.