Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    The only way to increase size while in a calorie deficit would be through water gain and that would be temporary. This is most likely what the people are seeing that believe they "can build muscle easily". That combined with burning off some fat give an illusion of more muscle. This happened to me and I would have fought you if you told me otherwise. :laugh:

Just for some perspective an average male can add just over a pound of muscle per month. This is with a calorie surplus and an optimal training program. Spread out over the whole body it is probably not visible. Women can gain about half that.

You factor in a calorie deficit and you would be lucky to maintain your LBM let alone add any. You definitely are not going to add any size like this.

I wish it was possible. You can look at my profile pic. One year of heavy lifting while in a deficit. Arms in before pic were 15 1/4". Arms currently at 15" and that is after another year of bulking and cutting. I "look" bigger and more muscular but I am, in fact, smaller. There is also a posture and body ratio improvement that gives an appearance of being bigger. Your waist gets smaller and make your shoulders look bigger.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In, I guess.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Loving the gifs of all these bulky women!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    image031.jpg
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    image031.jpg

DAT *kitten*!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ml48zajzay1s0teago1_400.gif
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    8eb72a67410af742a9b62849e946d077.jpg
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    codergal

Seems I can only get the reply in here as it won't quote and respond from our convo :-(

Anyway here is the video of Dr. Harrison Pope is a Professor of Psychiatry and an expert on anabolic steroids where he gets asked some questions about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0bVxEvW6vc
  • jonnythan
    Options

Seems I can only get the reply in here as it won't quote and respond from our convo :-(

Anyway here is the video of Dr. Harrison Pope is a Professor of Psychiatry and an expert on anabolic steroids where he gets asked some questions about them.

That's nice. Maybe you should post it somewhere it's on topic, or start a new thread about it.
  • JaxDemon
    Options
    tumblr_mb2j252iEA1r5i1f1o1_500.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

That's nice. Maybe you should post it somewhere it's on topic, or start a new thread about it.

^this...what does that link have to do with women putting on muscle fast?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb2j252iEA1r5i1f1o1_500.gif

now THAT's more like it.
  • JaxDemon
    Options

^this...what does that link have to do with women putting on muscle fast?

Sorry it's in reply to codergal from original thread. For some reason it would not let me quote her to show the message to her.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Sorry when I want your opinion I will ask for it sugar.

NO! Sugar is teh evil!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am a German girl too and when I do heavy weights I tend to bulk too, I use more cardio for that very reason. I want to be thin and toned. I don't like the look of crossfit bodies, but, to each their own. NO hate going toward the ones who do like it it's just not my personal preference for me. I think our back grounds do lend to being more muscular body types. I will never be waifish and that is just fine with me ;)

Did you not read any of the thread?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    See, when I think about women "bulking up", I think of

2hmow93.jpg

So, yeah, if you consider having visible muscle definition like Jillian Michael's or Jessica Biel to be gross or manly, then yeah weightlifting probably isn't for you. But that doesn't mean that saying women won't turn into Arnold just from incorporating heavy lifting twice a week is a lie.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just for some perspective an average male can add just over a pound of muscle per month.

With the caveat that he can do this only for a short period of time, and only if he works his freakin' *kitten* of and maintains near-optimum nutrition.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Love all of those GIFs. :laugh:

^^^^
    yep
  • JaxDemon
    Options
    Anyway seeing as you want women I shall provide you with my two faves

Jamie Eason -

jamieeason.gif
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIVMV6u78y73D9VbI_XVRSmf2sBlTw51INOMIDhFH95OGbXSYD

Andreia Brazier -

andreia_Brazier_video_wbff_1.jpg

530048_10151088732421737_74647687_n.jpg

Btw I find women like this highly attractive, Any lady who looks after her body and conditions it like the above is just amazing in my eyes.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Dude what.