Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Throw it out and buy real bacon.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    DEFINATELY microwave between 2 paper towels about 1 minute/ slice.. Perfect for blts.. Yum

i think the microwave remains my preferred method as well. i just nuked some of the leftover thick cut bacon that i oven baked last night and it is perfectly crispy now.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question!

Bacon comes form a pig not a turkey!

Must be a troll post.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    In just to say that "turkey bacon" ISN'T BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Works very well as dog treats, though.

my cats won't go near it
    mine neither
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I use the broiler pan and broil one side, flip over and do the other side. I remove and pat with paper towel. It is quite crispy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    cook it in a ton of olive oil.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Microwave between 2 pieces of parchment paper, doesnt stick to the bacon and comes out crispy. I don't eat pork so I buy turkey or chicken bacon -both yummy!
  • juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I apologize if someone mentioned this already, but someone gave my boyfriend this thing called 'makin bacon' its an infomercial type thing. You hang the turkey. I have had good results with jennie o.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I cook mine on the stove and have no trouble getting it crispy. Nor do I spray the pan. We love turkey bacon. I simply let it cook and turn it over when i feel it's ready to be flipped. I also set it on a plate to cool down.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I fry it in Bacon Grease....

hCOWuX1.jpg
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I put it on a couple of paper towels, then microwave it for several minutes. You really have to overcook it in the microwave to get it crispy. It does taste more like "real" bacon when it's crispy, too. It's the only way I can tolerate the taste.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Microwave between 2 pieces of parchment paper, doesnt stick to the bacon and comes out crispy. I don't eat pork so I buy turkey or chicken bacon -both yummy!

I've never seen chicken bacon.
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grill!!

Yep!

Also, I broil it on high in the oven sometimes.. but you have to really watch it.
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Put it on a paper plate with a paper towel over it and microwave it... about a min for each slice... give or take depending on your micowave.... this is the only way I can get it crispy!
    Holly

Agree!! Microwave is the best!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oven bake it on 400 for about 12 minutes. But keep an eye on it before it burns!! Always comes out crispy
  • GregoryFulton
    GregoryFulton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Put it in a Foreman grill and just let it cook until dark. Maybe a minute or two longer than the books tells you. It'll be crispy, crunchy just like you want it.