Reached my goal weight (with pics :))

Options
Hey :)
About 2 months ago I began my journey to a healthier life: I've started to eat organic food, drink a lot of water and work out daily. I wanted to lose some fat so I used MFP to follow my calorie intake.
Today I have reached my lowest healthy weight and decided to stop losing and start maintaining my weight (tips on how to do this the best way possible are very welcome, by the way). So the next step in my journey is to keep this weight and to tone up, I can't wait to get some abs definition :))

Overall, I have lost 6-7 kg :)
6-2.jpg

UPDATE: since I've got some questionable comments, I want to make something clear:
- I know that my "before" was healthy
- I did consult a doctor throughout my weight/fat loss so no damage was done, my current body is HEALTHY for me
- I do not aim to be bony, I am to have muscle definition. And to get some definition, you have to lose fat in the first place. I did a lot of cardio to do it and now I am switching to strength training
Thanks for your concern and attention :)

Replies

• SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I think you looked better before :o(
  • dutaun
    dutaun Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I concur, but I am happy that you have gotten where you want to be so congrats for you :)
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I personally agree. I don't mean to upset you, but to me you seem worryingly underweight.
  • cjlita
    cjlita Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have to agree that you looked better before :( You looked so much healthier bodywise before.
  • michelle2566
    Options
    sorry to say but I too think you looked better before.to see your ribs sticking out it not attractive at all and to say you want to work on your abs,what abs are you going to work on!!!!!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    well done on reaching your goal! I think your making a healthy choice by wanting to maintain and not lose any more weight, I can't advise you on maintaining though, cos I still have a long way to my goal!!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!!! You were tiny to begin with. You have to be happy with what you are though, I am happy for you too. Please dont lose anymore though. By the way, congratulations to reaching the goal you were striving for!
  • Flossycat100
    Flossycat100 Posts: 103
    Options
    Sorry I have to agree with the others here. Congratulations on getting to where you want to be, but you did look perfectly healthy before and now you look worryingly skinny. Instead of looking to maintain the lowest possible weight, why don't you make it your next project to gain some of it back but tone it beautifully so you look slightly healthier whilst remaining lean and fit? Lots of protein and gym time is good for this. Good luck :)
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal! I'm just beginning my journey so I can't help you with maintaining, although I don't think that it would be all that bad if you were to gain a few pounds back.
  • KseniaR
    KseniaR Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh well, should've seen this coming.
    I know I was never fat in the first place (my "before" is in my healthy range) but I just wanted to get more lean and I'm working on it. I am not a huge fan of bones myself so now that I've lowered my body fat percentage, I will focus on strength training to cover these bones with muscles. And since we all know that muscle weights more than fat, I won't mind getting a couple of lbs back with this scenario :) I just want to emphasize that I don't strive to be skinny, my goal is to be toned and losing body fat was just the first step.
    And I am 100% ok weight and health-wise, this this just how my body is naturally, I have never been really big.
    And thanks for congratulations.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here I'm afriad. You looked much healthier before :( I know if you were one of the patients at the hospital that I work on that they would have had the nutrition team out to you very quickly.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I know I was never fat in the first place (my "before" is in my healthy range) but I just wanted to get more lean and I'm working on it. I am not a huge fan of bones myself so now that I've lowered my body fat percentage, I will focus on strength training to cover these bones with muscles. And since we all know that muscle weights more than fat, I won't mind getting a couple of lbs back with this scenario :) I just want to emphasize that I don't strive to be skinny, my goal is to be toned and losing body fat was just the first step.

This is a great goal for you! And I'm relieved that you can see the concern with so much bone protruding! Hope you've got lots of support and people who know what they are doing helping you!
    Blessings on your journey.
  • cjlita
    cjlita Posts: 5
    Options
    And I am 100% healthy weight and health-wise, this this just how my body is naturally, I have never been really big.

I hope we haven't upset you sweet, we just don't like to see someone doing themselves damage. Muscle actually weighs the same as fat it's just more compact :)
    Have you set your MFP to maintain your weight now? If not, that's your starter point. I think exercise wise to build muscle you need to concentrate on strength training rather than cardio (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Have a read through the forum (I think p90x might me something that would benefit you).

Good luck and please keep us updated with your progress :D x
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hey love, congratulations on reaching your goal! I agree with you that of course you werent fat before - toning up is a worthy goal in itself. I've just bought New Rules of Lifting for Girls which you might want to look into for gaining a bit of muscle. Add me as a friend if you would like a bit of support in that respect as it's a goal of mine too :)
  • KseniaR
    KseniaR Posts: 7
    Options

I hope we haven't upset you sweet, we just don't like to see someone doing themselves damage. Muscle actually weighs the same as fat it's just more compact :)
    Have you set your MFP to maintain your weight now? If not, that's your starter point. I think exercise wise to build muscle you need to concentrate on strength training rather than cardio (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Have a read through the forum (I think p90x might me something that would benefit you).

Good luck and please keep us updated with your progress :D x
    Well, it is kinda sad to read. I felt so encouraged before posting and now I feel as if people see me as some crazy anorexic girl. I am sane, healthy and I did consult a doctor throughout my weight loss so I can assure everyone that it was not damaging/destructive/etc.
    Yes I have so now I am starting to gradually increase my intake, plus strength training burns less than cardio (I used to do a lot of cardio) so I hope to get to my new calorie goal soon. Thank you for your answer :)
  • broadway_Calls
    broadway_Calls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well done, this must've taken some hard work as you weren't at all overweight to begin with :) this is such an inspiration to me, i was around your weight to begin with and want to end up the same, hopefully i'll see similar results in a couple of months even though my body shape is a little different.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy that you were able to reach a goal you had set. There's nothing better than feelings of accomplishment. As others have said... your before pictures were wonderful and I only wish you didn't feel the need to fix something that wasn't broken. Take care of yourself! :smile:
  • lheislup
    lheislup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am just starting so not much advice to give but just wanted to tell you that you look AMAZING! I believe that at the end of the day that how you feel about yourself at the end of the day is all that really matters. Good luck with the strength training! Great inspirations...thanks for sharing!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Bah, you would look really sexy if you added a few lbs of muscle. Also hit the abs hard about twice a week. I agree with others, but I know how you feel because people sometimes call me skinny when I am not at my goal yet (be totally ripped to then gain muscle with as little fat as possible).
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous (before and after). I can definitely tell there is fat loss on the after! Everyone has different preferences on what they want to look like and to me it sounds like you have reached your goal look with healthy habits, even if it is thinner than some people on this site are used to/prefer. While I am definitely not as small as you I am also in the healthy range but still looking to lose fat and tone. It is not easy when you are relatively lean to begin with, kudos to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!