Reached my goal weight (with pics :))

Options

Replies

• Ghoulina
    Ghoulina Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For the person that said us "fat" people are jealous, well, I am definitely not. Even your before photo is too skinny for me (though you looked great!), and the after photo just has me shocked. I don't see muscle and tone, I see underweight and sickly looking. Please be careful and get yourself a second opinion. You don't look healthy.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i dont see why on earth anyone would be shocked. Shes got a healthy BMI. Low end of healthy, but still healthy. Its perfectly normal to be able to see ribs a little, but a lot of people have lost sight of what healthy actually looks like because we are so used to obesity. Theres nothing wrong with a slender frame, and for some people, particularly pear shapes, you CAN end up seeing ribs and clavicles a little, whilst still actually carrying a fair bit of fat on your hips. Its not unhealthy at all, just like some apple shapes can have pretty skinny legs whilst still having a tummy. its mean to criticise someones natural build like that. My ribs are more visible than id like, but im a healthy BMI and my bodyfat is 26% so not even low. Its just not where I carry my weight. Not much i can do about that. Not prepared to live with saddlebags and a fat *kitten* just because of that.

Saying that, i could have predicted that people wouldnt like the ribs thing, and I personally wouldnt have posted that picture because people do get funny about things like that even though theyve got no business to really.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh well, should've seen this coming.
    I know I was never fat in the first place (my "before" is in my healthy range) but I just wanted to get more lean and I'm working on it. I am not a huge fan of bones myself so now that I've lowered my body fat percentage, I will focus on strength training to cover these bones with muscles. And since we all know that muscle weights more than fat, I won't mind getting a couple of lbs back with this scenario :) I just want to emphasize that I don't strive to be skinny, my goal is to be toned and losing body fat was just the first step.
    And I am 100% ok weight and health-wise, this this just how my body is naturally, I have never been really big.
    And thanks for congratulations.

I think you look great! Congratulations and good luck on the strength training journey. It is fun!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    For the person that said us "fat" people are jealous, well, I am definitely not. Even your before photo is too skinny for me (though you looked great!), and the after photo just has me shocked. I don't see muscle and tone, I see underweight and sickly looking. Please be careful and get yourself a second opinion. You don't look healthy.

Wow... a lot of stones on this one. Is there a glass house...dunno. ~shrugs~
  • Ghoulina
    Options
    I gave my opinions just as everyone else did, and I get to be singled out. Wonderful. But it's perfectly fine to say that the fatties are just jealous, right? GMAFB.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I said. But it is only MY opinion. No one here has to agree with it. I've been that small. I used to be bulimic and anorexic in junior high and high school. I don't think she looks healthy. Her before picture was much nicer. She could have toned what she had and not lost more weight.
  • Ghoulina
    Options
    And I haven't lost sight of what is healthy. Being obese isn't healthy, but neither is Kate Moss.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    **moderator edited**

really? i'm not one of the "fat" people and i was shocked by the photos and i'm only 5 pounds heavier than she is. time to take a better look at my body...
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I found this article that describes the body types mentioned earlier:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

My son and the OP fall under the ectomorph category. I personally found the article interesting. I now know why he's so damn skinny.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    While I admire your effort, I'm a little concerned as to the results.

Personally, I think you look healthier at your previous weight. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but when I saw the pics, I at first thought you were battling an eating disorder and was using MFP to eat for proper nutrition/gain. I had to reread your story just to make sure I didn't miss something.

I'm confused as to why you thought you felt the need to lose so much, let alone anything. I can understand the need for toning/definition don't get me wrong. But you appear underweight, not toned or sculpted. At 5'8" you are now underweight and look it. At 139 you were right in the middle of your range. I think a lot of us would be happy to be there!

But as long as you're happy with the results...that's all that matters at the end of the day. But please keep in mind that skinny doesn't not automatically mean healthy.
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    I know I was never fat in the first place (my "before" is in my healthy range) but I just wanted to get more lean and I'm working on it. I am not a huge fan of bones myself so now that I've lowered my body fat percentage, I will focus on strength training to cover these bones with muscles. And since we all know that muscle weights more than fat, I won't mind getting a couple of lbs back with this scenario :) I just want to emphasize that I don't strive to be skinny, my goal is to be toned and losing body fat was just the first step.
    And I am 100% healthy weight and health-wise, this this just how my body is naturally, I have never been really big.

I hope we haven't upset you sweet, we just don't like to see someone doing themselves damage. Muscle actually weighs the same as fat it's just more compact :)
    Have you set your MFP to maintain your weight now? If not, that's your starter point. I think exercise wise to build muscle you need to concentrate on strength training rather than cardio (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Have a read through the forum (I think p90x might me something that would benefit you).

Good luck and please keep us updated with your progress :D x

I know this is off topic but saying "Muscle actually weighs the same as fat it's just more compact :)" is completely ridiculous. Read it out loud to yourself and tell me if you think it makes sense.

If you still stand by that statement I will present you with some scientific proof to the contrary.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Folks,

Please be aware, we know of the sensitive nature of this topic, and urge everyone to be courteous and respectful when posting on MyFitnessPal at all times. I think this topic can bring something to the table as far as knowledge is concerned so I'm leaving this post open for now, but please know that responding to inappropriate responses with more inappropriate responses does not help. If you find a reply to be inappropriate or to break forum rules, simple click the report button and we will take care of the issue.

Thank you

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal forum moderator.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I think you looked better before :o(

Ditto! You are almost as close to under weight as you can possibly get. Don't let it get away from you.
  • Blnd_Ambitions
    Options
    You know your body. As long as you are eating healthy and acheving YOUR body goals, don't worry so much about what the mass majority thinks. Muscle is more attractive/we all have varying degrees of what we find attractively skinny or grossy obese.
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Well done on reaching your goal! I would give anything like you did before lol!

In your defence I'm in the high end of being over weight but being pear shape my collar bone already sticks out and I'm starting to see ribs but my lower half is still chunky so pics may not show the whole story
  • meanjeann
    meanjeann Posts: 40
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Keep the focus on staying healthy. :) You need to do what's right for you.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

In your defence I'm in the high end of being over weight but being pear shape my collar bone already sticks out and I'm starting to see ribs but my lower half is still chunky so pics may not show the whole story

exactly. I feel a bit sensitive about this because i hate my bony ribs, and theres some tops i just cant wear because i look a bit skeletal, but i still have a fat butt and chunky thighs. Cant win.
  • es0torok
    es0torok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I want to say something that isn't even about the pictures.

What I read in your post was your unique approach/method of body sculpting. I have never heard of stripping all the fat before you work on the muscle tone. Maybe I just don't read enough. I'm not overweight either, I also have the ectomorph body type. I always thought you simply adjust your weight routine to with less reps and higher weight. This is a different approach and I'm excited to see pictures in 6 months. (um. if you are willing to take another shot at this).

ok, I lied. I do have one comment to make on the photo. A photo can easily convey non-reality based on lighting and positioning and even if you were trying to look good by "sucking it in". When I was at my best, I took a picture and realized I had done that and it made my ribs stick out and I looked sick.

As for the Abs. I love my abs! I know with your determination and focus, you will get the 6 pack :-)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    And I am 100% ok weight and health-wise, this this just how my body is naturally, I have never been really big.

I think at your before weight you should have just stated weight/circuit training. You could have lowered your body fat and got definition without being boney.
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is putting you down. All we are trying to say is that you are not healthy! I asked a friend of mine that is a doctor to look at your photos and read your blog and he said that you really do need to get some help before it is too late. You are bordering on anorexia, his words; not mine. You were perfectly healthy and beautiful before you started this journey that has you headed down the wrong path. I commend you on wanting to be healthy but as of right now, you are not healthy and you are hurting your organs. Please, take the docs advice and get some help!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    before > after
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!