Reached my goal weight (with pics :))

Options

Replies

• aubry87
    aubry87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A good way to tone up is Hot Power yoga, or Bikram Yoga. It will definitly give the the toning you desire.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is putting you down. All we are trying to say is that you are not healthy! I asked a friend of mine that is a doctor to look at your photos and read your blog and he said that you really do need to get some help before it is too late. You are bordering on anorexia, his words; not mine. You were perfectly healthy and beautiful before you started this journey that has you headed down the wrong path. I commend you on wanting to be healthy but as of right now, you are not healthy and you are hurting your organs. Please, take the docs advice and get some help!

Good thing doctors don't diagnose from looking at pictures. Who are you to say she's not healthy- and that is what YOU said. Yes, she is thin, but she is probably healthier than someone who has over 100 pounds to lose. How would you feel if I said to you " lady you are too fat and not healthy, I mean look at you!! I showed your overweight body to a doctor and he said your TOO FAT" yeah not something someone should say right?? Right.

Now on to OP, congrats on getting to a place you are comfortable, and good luck putting some awesome muscle on :)
  • Love2Vape
    Love2Vape Posts: 18
    Options
    SarahGleave! That's uncalled for.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I understand that you have gone about your fat loss in a healthy manner. Mmy only concern for you is that your fat percentage may be too low to be healthy. Women are meant to have more fat on their bodies than men; without it, you can really mess up your hormone levels permanently. Especially if you are planning on gaining more muscle, you'll drive your body fat percentage down further. Just be sure to keep checking in with your doctor to stay healthy.
  • Love2Vape
    Options
    Way to go! Most of the individuals who replied to your post are rude, overly dramatic, and extremely pseudo considerate. I think you have a great attitude about your fitness goals. Loosing the amount of weight you did, whilst being within an already healthy range, is far more difficult than people who are egregiously obese. For that, especial kudos are in order--reaching this intermediate goal of 16lbs was likely far more difficult than it would be for the cows who ridicule you for being too skinny. Keep up the good work, your six pack is surely in sight.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Most of the individuals who replied to your post are rude, overly dramatic, and extremely pseudo considerate. I think you have a great attitude about your fitness goals. Loosing the amount of weight you did, whilst being within an already healthy range, is far more difficult than people who are egregiously obese. For that, especial kudos are in order--reaching this intermediate goal of 16lbs was likely far more difficult than it would be for the cows who ridicule you for being too skinny. Keep up the good work, your six pack is surely in sight.

:) agreed!
  • Ghoulina
    Ghoulina Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Cows? Niiice.
  • Love2Vape
    Options
    edited to remove post.
    MFP Moderator
    Arewethereyet
  • Love2Vape
    Options
    ;)
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options

Cows?? Really, now that's uncalled for.

I think that people have a right to be concerned. I read Portia De Rossi's book on her personal struggle with anerexia and to be honest, she looked like she does. I also don't believe her strategy was correct. If you are at a healthy weight, like she was, you don't need to drop weight before toning. She should have just toned up with weight trainning and maybe even gained a few doing so.

Just because we weren't blessed with skinny genes does not mean we are not educated in this matter and we are for sure NOT COWS. Shame on you!
  • Ghoulina
    Ghoulina Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know the definitions of the word "cow." "A large unpleasant woman" is pretty cold, considering most of us here are "larger" and trying to get into shape to be healthier and feel better about ourselves.

You know the saying, "Opinions are like..." (you get the idea).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the hard work and achieving your goal. I think you look fantastic. I disagree with most people here. I think you looked fabulous before, but you can definitely tell that you've lost body fat and you look fabulous now as well. I think it's great that you're maintaining this weight & are looking to tone. I think you'll look incredible once you get more muscle & tone to your figure. It always enhances an already gorgeous body.

I think a lot of people think you look 'worringly thin' because of how tiny your waist appears in the pictures, BUT what people need to realize is that everyone loses from different places, and everyone holds weight differently. You are obviously genetically pre-disposed to have a small waist line & curvier hips. That's just your figure! You look fine, be proud of where you are today. If you feel beautiful then by all means, never let anyone take that away from you!!! You worked hard to get where you are, be very proud :))
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think your body is amazing! Great job!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    In addition, you're a taller girl. Didn't anyone here see Ann on America's Next Top Model. She had a similar figure to this girl. Tall, tiny waist & curvier hips (which makes the waist look even tinier, IMO). Ann was definitely not anorexic & didn't struggle with an ED, that was just "her figure".
  • Love2Vape
    Options
    @ Jolyned

There is no doubt that there is 100 & 10% truth in what you are saying. My derogatory comment was specifically directed to those who responded to her goal posting with pure criticism and disingenuous concern--so the COW COMMENTARY does not apply to people, such as yourself. Obviously, you nor Ghoulina have taken the time to see everything that was said on this forum or else you might be slightly less offended in knowing that my comment was entirely warranted.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Portia de Rossi was 82lb, The young woman here is 123lb.

Bit of a difference dont you think. Dont be so bloody overdramatic. Portia de Rossi was at deaths door. This woman is a HEALTHY BMI
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm not a cow. I'm 130lbs on 5'5''. I, too, immediately jumped to the conclusion that she was here to gain weight... and was surprised to find out otherwise. I've never heard of anyone stripping all the body fat before working on muscle tone. I guess I thought you needed fat to burn in order to gain muscle. If that works for her, then great.
    The thing that startled me was the bones sticking through the shoulders and collar bones. HOPEFULLY when she increases her calories and gains muscle tone those bones won't be so prominent. Unless she likes it that way, then whatever, I guess.
    I do think that girl has amazingly enviable thighs. I wish my thighs looked like that.
  • Love2Vape
    Options
    RIGHT ON Suzycreamcheese! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You are underweight. You are 5'9" and weigh 123. So why would a doctor possibly recommend somebody to have a bmi of 18.2 which is under a healthy weight range? What you are doing is anything BUT healthy. I would go to a different doctor that actually cares about your wellbeing. Once again I stress, this is NOT healthy.

18.5 is the lowest BMI to be considered healthy. She has a 18.2, so what? Will the .3 make her unhealthy? Uhh no.
    Anyways you look great and I'm sure you worked hard to achieve that body.
    <3
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I really really empathize with you! I posted some photos on the WW website and got REAMED!!! The people there were not AT ALL as sweet as the posters here on MFP, all of whom seem very congenial even if they liked "before" better.... All of this boils down to how WE feel about OURSELVES. I am really happy to be in an online community where the people aren't judgmental. I think you look great & am looking forward to seeing how you progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!